ASUS BW-16D1HT question

Discussion in 'CD/DVD/BD Drives' started by hrgargi, Sep 28, 2019.

1. hrgargi

hrgargi Member

Hi! Since my LG drive died today I am planning to get a new one on monday. I guess the ASUS 16D1HT (since they got one I can take with me on monday). I have seen some firmware things refering to UHD. I don't really concern about UHD, so most important is, that it will work with Blu-Ray out of the box. So if it has the latest retail firmware will it work with AnyDVD (just for BD) without doing any downgrades?

Thanks for your help!

Gargi

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

For standard Blu-ray the firmware version is irrelevant, it's only when wanting to backup uhd that specific firmware versions become relevant/required.

In your case, just buy it, plug it in and you're good to go.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

3. coopervid

coopervid Well-Known Member

...and if you want to upgrade to UHD you can still do. Perfect investment therefore.

4. hrgargi

hrgargi Member

Thank you so much for your quick and helpfull responses! Tomorrow I'll go for the ASUS drive. Hopefully it will last longer than my LG (that is the same one as this ASUS as far as I have read :) )

5. hrgargi

hrgargi Member

Got the drive today. Plugged it in and works. Got the 3.1 firmware on it. Thanks for your help!

6. coopervid

coopervid Well-Known Member

@hrgargi ,

let me know if you want to make it UHD friendly and I will sent you the files via PM. Less than 2 min and a reboot afterwards.

whatever_gong82 likes this.