• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AS 1.2.6.1 Amazon ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

tfboy

Trialling AS and seem to have issues with downloading.

Firstly, downloading from NF is incredibly slow, or rather, lumpy. I start downloading at around 25MB/s but it then pauses for minutes before continuing. Is this normal? (I have 1Gb FTTH).

More troublesome: If I try to download an episode from Amazon, I get the above error. See attached. I can click OK, but the whole Amazon screen is frozen. I can switch to NetFlix, but coming back to Amazon doesn't work, I have to quit AS.

I don't know if this is because I'm in a different region to my prime membership, but the episode I clicked on is normally available even abroad.

Attachments

• Image 021.png
    Image 021.png
    133.8 KB · Views: 20
down.png

Firstly, downloading from NF is incredibly slow, or rather, lumpy. I start downloading at around 25MB/s but it then pauses for minutes before continuing. Is this normal? (I have 1Gb FTTH).

More troublesome: If I try to download an episode from Amazon, I get the above error. See attached. I can click OK, but the whole Amazon screen is frozen. I can switch to NetFlix, but coming back to Amazon doesn't work, I have to quit AS.

I don't know if this is because I'm in a different region to my prime membership, but the episode I clicked on is normally available even abroad.
Could you please look at the GUI of the program. In the upper left hand corner you will the word "FILE" press it, then you will see Create log file" Create it. Then upload it to the forum. None of what you have said is normal. Let's see if we can find out the reasons for your issues.

Last edited:
Thanks RF1.
Log file attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.6.1.astlog
    68.8 KB · Views: 6
Thanks RF1.
Log file attached.
How about my screenshot, are you using the downloadable button.? No other button on APV will work to download the video except the green downloadable button.

Last edited:

I can speak to the network thing some. It is very normal for the speed to vary during the download. I see that a lot. But pausing seems like a red flag for something going on your network possibly. Unless you are using VPN, then all bets are off as far as speed. But if you are not you might want to check on the "quality" of your network. Just because you pay for 1gb service does not mean your network is "clean", free of issues or that they are really delivering that much pipe. I am not trying to be negative about your ISP or your setup, just pointing out a number of things on your end can cause that and AS tends to be sensitive to such issues whereas a lot of stuff just does not care and you tend not to notice.

Thanks DQ.
I did a speed test. 1ms ping, around 900Mbps down, 700Mbps up, so that's fine :) The initial download started at over 50MBytes/sec then it stopped completely for several minutes. In the end (like after 10 minutes), I gave up and wondered if there was some throttling by AS to not raise too much suspicion, but I guess not.
I do use a VPN at times but of course don't have it activated when loading up AS. And I am using my ISP's (or Google's) DNS.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/12391877008

Last edited:
Oops! My bad. I just realised I was clicking on the wrong download button - I was clicking on the Amazon download button not the one at the top of the AS window :notworthy:

The intermittent download is still occuring though and happens with both Amazon and Netflix. It starts very quickly and then within a few seconds, it completely stops. For several minutes. Then progresses by a few percent then stops again. In the end, the download speed is probably not that much faster than realtime...

Perhaps check 'Settings'->'Download'->'Limit download speed to' and if it is set to anything other than 'Unlimited', that probably explains the problem.

I experienced the same issue after I install AS on another computer and was scratching my head trying to understand what the problem was, especially since I was downloading everything else just fine and speed tests were also fine. Downloads would start quickly and show a high download speed, yet the actual download speed was much slower and would stop and start. When I checked the setting above, mine was set to '4x' which might be a default setting, though I doubt I was even reaching that speed and in reality, the downloads appeared to become stuck and would not progress after a while.

Spot on Jason, that was it. It was set to 4x (by default). Quite misleading.
Having how changed to unlimited, it's progressing far faster (and consistently)! :)

Actually that behaviour is quite logical ...
When the download starts, AnyStream burst downloads the stream as fast as possible (like a normal stream player) and then stops to obey the 4x setting.
There are several users not so lucky to have such a geat connection like yours and so the 'unlimited' setting would max out their line and decrease the connection quality for every other application. That is why the 4x setting is default.

This error is appeared because the WebView can't recognize the URL Scheme,for example, the WebView will usually recognize only http and https, anything other than these. So WebView cannot parse it to right place, we should use intent to redirect the url. for example – intent://,market://,app://,mail:// etc will not be recognized by webview unless we add a handler to handle these url scheme or by disabling these schemes and only load http and https schemes.

This error has no any specific solution till now. Android user and PC user all are facing this error which needs to be sought out. There's a long-standing bug in Chromium regarding how links without protocols are handled. It occasionally is patched, but seems to keep resurfacing. In some cases, prefixing your links with http:// (or https://) should resolve the issue for you.

Also, in some cases, try to add target="_blank" in your URL Scheme/Code. for example:

<a href="mailto:my@email.com" target="_blank">Link Text</a>

Back