arcsoft tht / bd+ and anydvdhd

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by sflamm, Feb 1, 2008.

1. sflamm

sflamm Active Member

Can anyone confirm whether the new arcsoft tht player will play bd+ ripped with anydvdhd to a harddrive?

2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

No, it will not.

3. mazakman

mazakman New Member

Arcsoft

Well I have had great luck using Arcsoft tht. I just put the movie in the drive. Create a folder and copy and paste the whole movie to that location and I have no problem playing it from there.

4. sflamm

sflamm Active Member

Are you sure you are using a BD+ disk?

How are you copying the files to disk? Did you install a 2.5 udf filesystem yourself?

I can't seem to open the drive with AnyDVDHD installed but AnyDVDHD rips the disk fine.

I have heard that the trial version of Arcsoft THT does play ripped BD+ but that the retail version (just released) does not from a hard drive

Please comment

5. sflamm

sflamm Active Member

Are you suggesting that the Arcsoft player can play encrypted files that are simply copied from the disk to the harddrive (no anydvd decryption)

That would be amazing - but I find it highly unbelievable

Please comment

6. Adbear

Adbear Well-Known Member

The Trial version I had wouldn't play BD+ from the harddrive. And judging by comments form others the full version doesn't either

7. James

No, he isn't.

On Windows XP, just install the Toshiba UDF driver.

The trial doesn't play ripped BD+.

8. James

Certainly not. As long as AnyDVD is running, copying from the original disc will remove AACS / CSS.

9. mazakman

mazakman New Member

Arcsoft

I running Vista. I tried it on both BR and HD disc without any problems. I've been using anydvd for regular discs for a while. But I just got a new computer last week and it had a combo drive (BR HD ) in it so I thought I would try it. I did contact CyberLink support and they told me. Quote

We wish to inform you that if you rip the high-definition movie still the content of the movie is high-definition. We regret to inform you that you can not play this movie from the hard drive

So I read that arcsoft would work. I didn't install any thing but Anydvd HD and ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre . It is still in the trail version.( Haven't purchased yet) And everything plays fine. Believe me I didn't think it would be that easy.
    So all I'm doing is putting the disc in then copy and paste to a folder. Then play it from there.

10. Xtrap1979

Xtrap1979 Well-Known Member

So what movies did you try this with?
    Could you please be more specific so we can find out if it's really BD+....

11. talon95

talon95 Well-Known Member

One of the Arcsoft people specifically stated on their forums that BD+ hard drive playback will not work. I'll rip Diehard and try it. I've still got a working copy of the trial installed.

12. talon95

talon95 Well-Known Member

Nope, doesn't work. I have successfully played a couple of HD-DVD's from the hard drive though, so it does work, just not with BD+ disks.

And as an additional check, the DieHard rip does play with PowerDVD 3319a, so it is a good rip.

13. davinleeds

davinleeds Well-Known Member

I tried copy/paste direct to hdd with castaway- didn't work.