• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

arcsoft tht / bd+ and anydvdhd

sflamm

Can anyone confirm whether the new arcsoft tht player will play bd+ ripped with anydvdhd to a harddrive?

Arcsoft

Well I have had great luck using Arcsoft tht. I just put the movie in the drive. Create a folder and copy and paste the whole movie to that location and I have no problem playing it from there.

Are you sure you are using a BD+ disk?

How are you copying the files to disk? Did you install a 2.5 udf filesystem yourself?

I can't seem to open the drive with AnyDVDHD installed but AnyDVDHD rips the disk fine.

I have heard that the trial version of Arcsoft THT does play ripped BD+ but that the retail version (just released) does not from a hard drive

Please comment

Are you suggesting that the Arcsoft player can play encrypted files that are simply copied from the disk to the harddrive (no anydvd decryption)

That would be amazing - but I find it highly unbelievable

Please comment

The Trial version I had wouldn't play BD+ from the harddrive. And judging by comments form others the full version doesn't either

Are you sure you are using a BD+ disk?
No, he isn't.

How are you copying the files to disk? Did you install a 2.5 udf filesystem yourself?

I can't seem to open the drive with AnyDVDHD installed but AnyDVDHD rips the disk fine.
On Windows XP, just install the Toshiba UDF driver.

I have heard that the trial version of Arcsoft THT does play ripped BD+ but that the retail version (just released) does not from a hard drive

The trial doesn't play ripped BD+.

Are you suggesting that the Arcsoft player can play encrypted files that are simply copied from the disk to the harddrive (no anydvd decryption)
Certainly not. As long as AnyDVD is running, copying from the original disc will remove AACS / CSS.

Arcsoft

I running Vista. I tried it on both BR and HD disc without any problems. I've been using anydvd for regular discs for a while. But I just got a new computer last week and it had a combo drive (BR HD ) in it so I thought I would try it. I did contact CyberLink support and they told me. Quote

We wish to inform you that if you rip the high-definition movie still the content of the movie is high-definition. We regret to inform you that you can not play this movie from the hard drive

So I read that arcsoft would work. I didn't install any thing but Anydvd HD and ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre . It is still in the trail version.( Haven't purchased yet) And everything plays fine. Believe me I didn't think it would be that easy.
So all I'm doing is putting the disc in then copy and paste to a folder. Then play it from there.

So all I'm doing is putting the disc in then copy and paste to a folder. Then play it from there.

So what movies did you try this with?
Could you please be more specific so we can find out if it's really BD+....

One of the Arcsoft people specifically stated on their forums that BD+ hard drive playback will not work. I'll rip Diehard and try it. I've still got a working copy of the trial installed.

Nope, doesn't work. I have successfully played a couple of HD-DVD's from the hard drive though, so it does work, just not with BD+ disks.

And as an additional check, the DieHard rip does play with PowerDVD 3319a, so it is a good rip.

Back