Archos 704 Wifi Problems

Discussion in 'CloneDVD mobile' started by Little Tich, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Little Tich

Little Tich New Member

Just upgraded AnyDVD, CloneDVD Mobile and Archos 704 firmware. I've just ripped a DVD at the suggested res of 800 x 450 in Clone but when I try to play it back on the Archos it says 'Image file too big'.

I've tried ripping at a lower res as Generic DIVx with some success but image and audio are not syncing. It's only a fraction of a second out but still off putting. I put the quality up to 40 (it wouldn't play on highest) but the synch is still out.

Anyone had any of these problems?

Slysoft - have you tested the 800 x 450 res on a device?

2. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

No, I don't have each and every device here - some profiles are added through user-input.
    800x450 will be removed, Archos supports up to a maximum of 720x576, apparently.
    Out of sync by a fraction: you can try and edit the devices.ini file and add a line to the profile you want to modify:

mopts=-delay 0.2

will delay the video 0.2 seconds. You can use negative values as well.

3. Mr.Solis

Mr.Solis New Member

Same Problem here. 800x450 or 800x466 or 800x480 -> Image Size to Big

It´s really strange. I´ve got 800 Pixels and can only use 720.

The best setting is in my opinion "Generic DivX" -> "720 x 404"

4. Peer

Peer Redfox Development Team Staff Member

It does make some sense, though.
    The max NTSC resolution (in the days before HD, and these are sort of still now) is 720x480 and PAL will allow just a little more :720x576.

So there is no material with a higher resolution to begin with - no point in creating 800 pixel videos.