• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Archos 704 Wifi Problems

Little Tich

Just upgraded AnyDVD, CloneDVD Mobile and Archos 704 firmware. I've just ripped a DVD at the suggested res of 800 x 450 in Clone but when I try to play it back on the Archos it says 'Image file too big'.

I've tried ripping at a lower res as Generic DIVx with some success but image and audio are not syncing. It's only a fraction of a second out but still off putting. I put the quality up to 40 (it wouldn't play on highest) but the synch is still out.

Anyone had any of these problems?

Slysoft - have you tested the 800 x 450 res on a device?

Slysoft - have you tested the 800 x 450 res on a device?

No, I don't have each and every device here - some profiles are added through user-input.
800x450 will be removed, Archos supports up to a maximum of 720x576, apparently.
Out of sync by a fraction: you can try and edit the devices.ini file and add a line to the profile you want to modify:

mopts=-delay 0.2

will delay the video 0.2 seconds. You can use negative values as well.

Same Problem here. 800x450 or 800x466 or 800x480 -> Image Size to Big

It´s really strange. I´ve got 800 Pixels and can only use 720.

The best setting is in my opinion "Generic DivX" -> "720 x 404"

Same Problem here. 800x450 or 800x466 or 800x480 -> Image Size to Big

It´s really strange. I´ve got 800 Pixels and can only use 720.

The best setting is in my opinion "Generic DivX" -> "720 x 404"

It does make some sense, though.
The max NTSC resolution (in the days before HD, and these are sort of still now) is 720x480 and PAL will allow just a little more :720x576.

So there is no material with a higher resolution to begin with - no point in creating 800 pixel videos.

Back