• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Apple TV+ Content Missing

Matt West

I recently went to download a show that I can access on the AppleTV+ app, but it doesn't show up in AnyStre. Log and screenshots attached and any help would be appreciated. I'm pretty sure it's either me being stupid or this has already been addressed.

Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-05-06 at 7.33.16 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-05-06 at 7.33.24 PM.png

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.8.0.astlog
    104.6 KB · Views: 5
You cannot download purchased videos on our Apple app. You can try to go into the Apple App, see if you can put it in your favorites, and then reopen Apple on AS. So it scans the for new videos, make sure you hit F5 to refresh the page. I do not think it's going to be possible but you can try. I still don't think its possible.

I thought it would be something simple like that, and I'm sure this isn't the first time you've had to tell someone. Sorry. Thanks for such a fast response,

You can purchase Dr. Blake Mysteries - A Family Portrait in HD for only $2.99 through Amazon - which means it will not only download in much better resolution than Apple's 360p, but is actually less than your average rental cost. As with Apple+, it's Episode 9 in the Season 5 lineup, which is misleading as it was a special longer-length stand-alone special and really wasn't part of that season.

I rented it from Prime about a year and a half(?) ago and had no problem downloading it. in 1080p.

Last edited:
You can purchase Dr. Blake Mysteries - A Family Portrait in HD for only $2.99 through Amazon - which means it will not only download in much better resolution than Apple's 360p, but is actually less than your average rental cost. As with Apple+, it's Episode 9 in the Season 5 lineup, which is misleading as it was a special longer-length stand-alone special and really wasn't part of that season.

I rented it from Prime about a year and a half(?) ago and had no problem downloading it. in 1080p.
Thank you artsunlimited, that was very nice of you. :thankyou:

Aw, thanks - I've received so much generous help on this forum in the past that I figure I have a lot to pay forward.

I just feel really bad for @Matt West because it looks like he already purchased the episode on Apple+ and then couldn't download it. I dunno if Apple+ will refund purchases if you haven't watched the video, but Amazon definitely will. (Ditto for rentals.)

Aw, thanks - I've received so much generous help on this forum in the past that I figure I have a lot to pay forward.

I just feel really bad for @Matt West because it looks like he already purchased the episode on Apple+ and then couldn't download it. I dunno if Apple+ will refund purchases if you haven't watched the video, but Amazon definitely will. (Ditto for rentals.)
It is refreshing when I read a thread like this from 2 great members. Matt and you have been great members and I appreciate both of you. Thank you artsunlimited for helping.

Believe me, I did check Amazon first but from what I could see, and find with a Google search, Apple TV+ is the only place that has it now. I can order the DVD from Australia...for $33 (and we all know what software will help me watch it ;)), but that's all.

Believe me, I did check Amazon first but from what I could see, and find with a Google search, Apple TV+ is the only place that has it now. I can order the DVD from Australia...for $33 (and we all know what software will help me watch it ;)), but that's all.
If you own that software go for it. I am happy you have an alternative.

Nooo, send it back!!! This is one of the instances where Google is not your friend, and it really annoys the hell out of me. Like you, I've learned to go directly to Amazon Prime Video and search within the site for what I want, so I'm kind of baffled it didn't show up for you - unless you aren't in the US?

As you can see, it's available (at least in the US) under the Season 5 lineup, next to last episode. Naturally, it's not included in my BritBox subscription because of course it isn't.

Screenshot 2024-05-07 23.39.33.png

BTW, don't be put off by that "Family Portrait Part 2" bit underneath it - there is no Part 2. Family Portrait was a standalone movie-length (1 hour 49 minute) series finale after S5 was completed (imdb lists it as S6E1) and is the last episode in which Dr. Blake appears. And as it was released in 2017, there's no way any "Part 2" dropped in 2014.

After that, December Media, which produced the series, got the rights for a 6th season and came out with a sequel series called The Blake Mysteries, which takes place three years after Family Portrait. But because Craig McLachlan (who played Blake) had been accused of sexual harassment, they first suspended production and then dropped him from the series altogether as he was undergoing litigation (he was subsequently cleared of that charge). You'll find the 2 episodes of The Blake Mysteries are available with a BritBox subscription on Prime. (They should offer you a free trial, so at least there's one thing that won't cost you!) My apologies if you already know all this.

Last edited:
My favourite question to ask if someone has trouble downloading:

;)
Hehhehheh, I can watch all the D+ extras for the Marvel films in my browser, and AS can't download them. To be fair, no one else can, either. Honestly, why is Apple+ so nasty about content that you've actually purchased?

Last edited:
Nooo, send it back!!! This is one of the instances where Google is not your friend, and it really annoys the hell out of me. Like you, I've learned to go directly to Amazon Prime Video and search within the site for what I want, so I'm kind of baffled it didn't show up for you - unless you aren't in the US?

As you can see, it's available (at least in the US) under the Season 5 lineup, next to last episode. Naturally, it's not included in my BritBox subscription because of course it isn't.

View attachment 79475

BTW, don't be put off by that "Family Portrait Part 2" bit underneath it - there is no Part 2. Family Portrait was a standalone movie-length (1 hour 49 minute) series finale after S5 was completed (imdb lists it as S6E1) and is the last episode in which Dr. Blake appears. And as it was released in 2017, there's no way any "Part 2" dropped in 2014.

After that, December Media, which produced the series, got the rights for a 6th season and came out with a sequel series called The Blake Mysteries, which takes place three years after Family Portrait. But because Craig McLachlan (who played Blake) had been accused of sexual harassment, they first suspended production and then dropped him from the series altogether as he was undergoing litigation (he was subsequently cleared of that charge). You'll find the 2 episodes of The Blake Mysteries are available with a BritBox subscription on Prime. (They should offer you a free trial, so at least there's one thing that won't cost you!) My apologies if you already know all this.
Ah Ha! Found it :) Thanks a million! I can't believe I missed that one.

My wife has really gotten into this show and, while she was flicking through our Plex menu, she noticed one was missing. She wasn't overly impressed when I said it was missing. This will make her happy, and lest we forget: happy wife = happy life!

The RF forums are a great place for help. Again, thank you artsunlimited27!

Ah Ha! Found it :) Thanks a million! I can't believe I missed that one.

My wife has really gotten into this show and, while she was flicking through our Plex menu, she noticed one was missing. She wasn't overly impressed when I said it was missing. This will make her happy, and lest we forget: happy wife = happy life!

The RF forums are a great place for help. Again, thank you artsunlimited27!
artsunlimited27 has been a respected member here for a long time. We appreciate all the help. Thank you. :thankyou: I am very happy you made Matt happy.

Back