• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved AP Has Apparently Made Changes Again.

Electron003

I have noticed across the last 4 days that content no longer has any audio stream greater than 128->192K stereo AAC and that some titles only have 720 max video (less if the aspect ratio is lower ->
even though they were 1080.

While most of the content is still 1080 in my region, there is no 5.1 audio (only 128-192K stereo). At this point, I have noticed this more with the regions (primevideo.com).

At first, this was more obvious with newer titles, but in my local region, all titles appear to be affected with the lower audio. I have tried switching formats, but there is no change.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.6.0.astlog
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.8.7.0.astlog
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
My guess is, you have selected CBR in the settings, correct?
If you change that to another format you either have to press F5 or restart Anystream to take effect.

Amazon made no changes CBR codec has been like this from the beginning.

Come on guys. I said it is more noticeable on primevideo.com.

I use CVBR! (I never use anything else) -> but I tired the other formats WITHOUT it changing anything.

Look at the logs (I did provide them). Not a single title has anything higher than 128K-192K AAC audio.

But...here we go...I'm in NZ.

John Wick Chapter 4 (max 128KAAC-LC Stereo)
Roadhouse (2024) (max 192KAAC-LC Stereo)
Daybreakers (max 128KAAC-LC Stereo)
Tomb Raider (2018) (max 192KAAC-LC Stereo)
The Matrix (max 128KAAC-LC Stereo)

Blade Runner 2049 (max 128KAAC-LC Stereo) -> this one only has 1280x528 max video
No Hard Feeling (max 128KAAC-LC Stereo) -> this one only has 1280x688 max video

Redfox - you are using Amazon.com in the US.

I am using primevideo.com/NZ (or whatever the link is to my local region)

Update: I
I've already tried the other codecs. Makes no difference.

Attachments

• AnyStream_tdrUhuZkDx.jpg
    AnyStream_tdrUhuZkDx.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 22
  • AnyStream_Yi9cuROsgP.jpg
    AnyStream_Yi9cuROsgP.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 22
As you noted yourself ... that must be some regional thing ... even if nobody else mentioned it until now.
You'd have to wait until it gets fixed...

If what you say is the case, . If Amazon changed the audio in your region as you say, it looks like it is in the log file. I am just thinking. How could you possibly fix this, is it like this played over the browser?

The only thing I can think of is that this may be a temporary change, maybe they working on Amazon servers. (Just a guess) Try again at a later date. (Hours, tomorrow) If it's still the same I will notify the development team.

Redfox - you are using Amazon.com in the US.

I am using primevideo.com/NZ (or whatever the link is to my local region)

Update: I
I've already tried the other codecs. Makes no difference.
yea same thing with Australian AP (128kbps aac)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-07 092414.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-07 092414.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
I already said I am sending it to the development team, I wish someone would tell me if it plays this way in the browser.

Come on guys. I said it is more noticeable on primevideo.com.

I use CVBR! (I never use anything else) -> but I tired the other formats WITHOUT it changing anything.

Look at the logs (I did provide them). Not a single title has anything higher than 128K-192K AAC audio.

But...here we go...I'm in NZ.

John Wick Chapter 4 (max 128KAAC-LC Stereo)
Roadhouse (2024) (max 192KAAC-LC Stereo)
Daybreakers (max 128KAAC-LC Stereo)
Tomb Raider (2018) (max 192KAAC-LC Stereo)
The Matrix (max 128KAAC-LC Stereo)

Blade Runner 2049 (max 128KAAC-LC Stereo) -> this one only has 1280x528 max video
No Hard Feeling (max 128KAAC-LC Stereo) -> this one only has 1280x688 max video

That's strange, I just tried with all of those titles via vpn, with a primevideo account of course and all are 5.1 eac3 and FHD with CVBR. Although, the account is not from NZ.

amazon-nz.png

I got the same thing in 3 regions, but we are not in New Zealand or Australia, if Amazon has made these supposed changes, does it also play this way in the browser? It's a simple question.

I got the same thing in 3 regions, but we are not in New Zealand or Australia, if Amazon has made these supposed changes, does it also play this way in the browser? It's a simple question.
going to be honest I have no idea how to see bitrates when using browser

This may be a temporary thing, server maintenance, or something, I would try it again in a few hours or the AM.

@Pocketz - You would be able to tell by just listening to it. If you can't tell the difference then just download it as is. ;)

Does it also play this way in the browser?
Trying to make this happen.

There is a keyboard shortcut to show the details in a browser, but I have forgotten what it is. Can someone refresh my memory please.

Also, I first noticed this in India, then Spain, France and Denmark before seeing it locally.

I have tried a 2nd machine, but it is the same. I have tried a different profile (same!) If it is the same in Oz, then at least someone else as verified it.

Trying to make this happen.

There is a keyboard shortcut to show the details in a browser, but I have forgotten what it is. Can someone refresh my memory please.

Also, I first noticed this in India, then Spain, France and Denmark before seeing it locally.

I have tried a 2nd machine, but it is the same. I have tried a different profile (same!) If it is the same in Oz, then at least someone else as verified it.
check the movies in their browsers (Firefox or Chrome) and hit CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+D while playing and you will see what audio is playing, I am not sure that will work for Amazon, it worked for Netflix.

check the movies in their browsers (Firefox or Chrome) and hit CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+D while playing and you will see what audio is playing
That's for Netflix, I'm not aware of Prime having a debug menu through the browser 🤔

That's for Netflix, I'm not aware of Prime having a debug menu through the browser 🤔
This is almost funny, what's the difference if you can't tell immediately by listening to it. LOL :giggle:

Yeah...can't get that shortcut to work. Got three different browsers and none tell me what I need to know.

Any other suggestions?

Back