• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question AnyStream Trail

Phe0nix

I have just tried your software and I'm pleasantly surprised. I learned there are other similar programs like this and one in particular that
goes into a detailed explanation as to why it's legal. They provide case law examples and this other program has been in use for 8 years
and they haven't been sued .
So I'm convinced this other program is perfectly legal however it records the stream in real time like a VCR or DVR would do and they
mention the BetaMax legal battle to support their position. When i tried AnyStream it downloaded the 96 minute video in about 40
minutes instead of 96. I'm concerned that this is downloading rather than recording a stream like a VCR or DVR would do and because
of this maybe is makes it's illegal to use.
I very much hope my concern is unfounded as I'm no lawyer. Has this been discussed in the past as my search did yield any results.
I am wanting to purchase AnyStream as it's a great value and i prefer the GUI over the other program. I live in the US and the laws
vary from one country to the next.

Thank You

We do not screen record, we download the exact stream you would see on the website, that said, we have been here for many years already and no one has ever had any legal issues.
When i tried AnyStream it downloaded the 96 minute video in about 40
minutes instead of 96.
It should have downloaded it in less than 5 minutes. I have no idea what program you are using. Are you sure it was this one?

It should have downloaded it in less than 5 minutes
Unless OP set it to 2x speed or has slow internet, then even unlimited does not matter.

this other program is perfectly legal however it records the stream in real time
I also heard that, because it does not circumvent any protection, it just records what's on screen. But as long as you don't create public library and share all your downloads, you should be fine. I have downloaded many TB already and nothing happend, same for many other users. So don't make a post about how you can download from Amazon or whatever to avoid unneccessary attention.

Use the trial. It's very generous. If you like it, buy it if you feel uncomfortable then don't. Although there is no reason to feel uncomfortable, that is not for me to say. We certainly do not want you to feel uncomfortable in any way. As I said, enjoy the trial, look at all the settings, use the program, it's very simple. Thank you for your interest in our software.

We do not screen record, we download the exact stream you would see on the website, that said, we have been here for many years already and no one has ever had any legal issues.

It should have downloaded it in less than 5 minutes. I have no idea what program you are using. Are you sure it was this one?
Absolutely i was using AnyStream. I am a lifetime owner of AnyDVD HD and Clone DVD. It's been awhile but I'm back. AnyDVD HD was always on top of their game
back 15 years ago.

The XXX service is a DVR (“digital video recorder”) for streaming video (or a “streaming video recorder”). Just like any DVR, like a TiVo, the service allows users to make their own recordings for private, non-commercial purposes. Recording programs for viewing at a more convenient time is permitted by United States copyright law as fair use
Yea i love the fact you download the stream directly. I don't have a strong internet connection as i live in the country. This other company was quoting the
fair use law and it was saying "recording " was permitted and if your not screen recording then that's why i was concerned . I understand you have been around for many
years,. How long has AnyStream been in use. If it's been years then that's comforting . This other product re-encodes the video that is already compressed and i want in it's
original form.
Read your other response. Yeah I'm concerned, but I'm just here to hopefully puts those concerns to the side. Your software is awesome and If I'm not breaking the law
then I'm all in. I would imagine RedFox has lawyers they consult with before they take on a new product. I'm on your side here !!!

Absolutely i was using AnyStream. I am a lifetime owner of AnyDVD HD and Clone DVD. It's been awhile but I'm back. AnyDVD HD was always on top of their game
back 15 years ago.

Yea i love the fact you download the stream directly. I don't have a strong internet connection as i live in the country. This other company was quoting the
fair use law and it was saying "recording " was permitted and if your not screen recording then that's why i was concerned . I understand you have been around for many
years,. How long has AnyStream been in use. If it's been years then that's comforting . This other product re-encodes the video that is already compressed and i want in it's
original form.
Read your other response. Yeah I'm concerned, but I'm just here to hopefully puts those concerns to the side. Your software is awesome and If I'm not breaking the law
then I'm all in. I would imagine RedFox has lawyers they consult with before they take on a new product. I'm on your side here !!!
I fully understand your concerns, all I can tell you is that all the years AnyStream has been around, there has been no one with legal
issues, I am very happy you enjoy the program and hope to see you soon as a fully licensed owner. Please enjoy it, and if you have any more questions or concerns I am here to answer them for you. Thank you for supporting our software for the past years.

Unless OP set it to 2x speed or has slow internet, then even unlimited does not matter.

So don't make a post about how you can download from Amazon or whatever to avoid unneccessary attention.
I'm not sure i follow what your trying to say. I'm not trying to compare two programs because there really is no comparison , AnyStream is
better hands down. This concept is new to me but I'm sure a lot of people know about it already. I'm just looking to cover my A$$.
Better to ask than to burry your head in the sand.
Thank you for your other comments they were reassuring...

I'm not sure i follow what your trying to say. I'm not trying to compare two programs because there really is no comparison , AnyStream is
better hands down. This concept is new to me but I'm sure a lot of people know about it already. I'm just looking to cover my A$$.
Better to ask than to burry your head in the sand.
Thank you for your other comments they were reassuring...
There are thousands of people all over the world enjoying Redfox software, as I said, I fully understand your concerns, we have been enjoying this particular software since 2019, and there have been no legal issues that I am aware of. We continue to add to the program to make it better and more enjoyable. We will always keep our member's best interests in mind. As I said, since 2019 people have enjoyed AnyStream, we continue to add to the program and will always be here to help in any situation. Feel free to read some of our forum threads, and again, I hope I have resolved some of your concerns. Dont hesitate to post again, if you have other questions.

I'm not sure i follow what your trying to say.
You spoke about the other program and that it seems to be legal, and I said I also heard that because it only records already decrypted stuff and does not tinker with the protection. I am not sure what you are not able to understand.

I'm just looking to cover my A$$.
May I offer my two cents in this regards?
I'm no professional lawyer, so no binding counsel here. Also I can only speak about the situation in Europe, but I assume, quite a lot of it can be transferred to the US as well.

As of my understanding, Anystream (AS) is in a bit of a gray area, maybe even tending less towards the white if you know what I mean. BUT:
You need to differentiate between criminal law and civil law. In criminal law there's nothing against tinkering with encryptions whatsoever. What matters is what you do with the files you got. Sell them to other people? No great idea. Hoard them in your living room just for yourself? No biggie.
In civil law there might be a starting point for a case, but no value. You do pay for what you download. You do not pass it on to others. So there is zero damage to the other side.

With this constellation I'm fine to use AS and as RedFox1 said, many are. Occasionally discussions similar to this one pop up, revolving around what to do to stay legal or to "not get caught". And the essence is always the same: Don't share your videos, don't overdo and mirror every single video from a provider. Otherwise the providers pretty sure know and don't care about us. Could be worse, huh?!

There are thousands of people all over the world enjoying Redfox software, as I said, I fully understand your concerns, we have been enjoying this particular software since 2019, and there have been no legal issues that I am aware of. We continue to add to the program to make it better and more enjoyable. We will always keep our member's best interests in mind. As I said, since 2019 people have enjoyed AnyStream, we continue to add to the program and will always be here to help in any situation. Feel free to read some of our forum threads, and again, I hope I have resolved some of your concerns. Dont hesitate to post again, if you have other questions.

I'm now 100% convinced this is completely legal. I was in the settings and changed it from unlimited to 1:1. Now your software operates exactly the same
as this other does. This other program has been around for 8 years and has never been challenged on their software's legality This other company has a long article on
the legal aspect of their software quoting case law a number of times that support their position. In addition a news article along with an interview of the company's
CEO was done and nothing came of it. An article was written on Consumers Report ( a highly respected and trusted source ) discussing why and how this software
is able to do what it does legally.
In addition your software cost the same per year and you offer a lifetime subscription option where the other does not. Not only this but they compress the source
resolution down to 720P and only give you stereo sound. The file i got from AnyStream is 5X the file size of the competition. I emailed them and they confirmed
what i received and stated they are working towards higher resolution and blame if on hardware limitations which is BS. They don't have to transcode the file as
it's already compressed by the service provider.

You have nothing to worry about with the software. We have been here since 2019 and not one person has ever received any kind of notice. We also have the best program on the market only give people 1080 P and some instances 4K exactly as you would get from the provider, but we only get 720 P from Disney, but the bitrate is very high I hope you join us in the future. Looking forward to seeing more of you.

I have been a customer of RedFox for many years, back to when AnyDVD came out. The company and its products have been rock solid and I've never worried about legal issues as long as you are a paying customer of the service you are using and the recordings are for your own personal/family use and not for resale. AnyStream is the best video "capture" (downloader) software I've seen in the last five years, hands down. It is well supported, the folks behind it are responsive to our concerns and bug reports, and it is worth every darn penny (especially when on sale!)

Back