• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anystream Plus vs Audials 2022 ?

XC_3730C

I currently use Audials 2021 (I have used it for HBO Max and the quality was really good) but was considering upgrading to Audials 2022 since it adds many new features such as 2X recording, editing out ads, integrated web browser, and 1080p recording. It is only $40 for me to upgrade.

What would be the advantages of Anystream Plus, which is more expensive.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I suspect Mods wont like this question being posted on an Anystream forum but actually I find both useful with my preference order being:
1. Anystream for AP, Netflix, Disney, HBO Max: best possible solution for quality
2. Audials for the other providers that Anystream doesn't support which for me is BBC IPlayer, YouTube, Spotify

Another key point is I will also overwrite any existing Audials recording with a new Anystream download if the content later becomes available on one of the Anystream supported providers. Even with Disney+ being 1280 with both tools the Anystream quality is night and day. FWIW: I found Audials 2022 is a worthwhile upgrade over Audials 2021 not least of which for the new embedded browser having fewer recording issues in my experience.

So is Audials basically PlayOn? (i.e. plays the video in a hidden browser windows and records it)

I suspect Mods wont like this question being posted on an Anystream forum but actually I find both useful with my preference order being:
1. Anystream for AP, Netflix, Disney, HBO Max: best possible solution for quality
2. Audials for the other providers that Anystream doesn't support which for me is BBC IPlayer, YouTube, Spotify

Another key point is I will also overwrite any existing Audials recording with a new Anystream download if the content later becomes available on one of the Anystream supported providers. Even with Disney+ being 1280 with both tools the Anystream quality is night and day. FWIW: I found Audials 2022 is a worthwhile upgrade over Audials 2021 not least of which for the new embedded browser having fewer recording issues in my experience.
Why would I care? AnyStream is the best and everyone knows it.

I bought bit's & bytes for more than three decades, a real software junkie and I'll say just go AS, price tag on AS alone worth it when accessing ad-marked channel content ad-free on AP for instance, you can't un-record stuff like that, you don't have to edit anything with AS, pretty amazing feature if you ask me, it takes me 5-6 minutes downloading a movie with AS if I'm in a rush.. awesome stuff, just trial and compare you'll see :)

People who want to get, for instance, Discovery+ episodes not available through AP "might" care. Just saying.. Agree that AS quality is the undisputed way to go but AP has huge holes in what it provides to us. For me, it would be a temporary solution, at best, until AS+ support becomes available...

Thank you guys for the responses. I will be purchasing AnyStream+ for the services it supports (mostly for HBO Max, Hulu, and Netflix since it supports 1080p). I may upgrade to Audials 2022 for services that are not supported.

I was using PlayOn Desktop and while it worked well, was limited to 720p and support for it will be discontinued at some point. I use Plex Media Server so I always have separate folders for all the different applications, which will make it easier later to replace recordings made with for example, Audials 2022 and Peacock, if AnyStream+, supports Peacock.

I will be purchasing AnyStream+ for the services it supports (mostly for HBO Max, Hulu, and Netflix since it supports 1080p)

I don't have Hulu, but my understanding is that it is limited to 720p (as is Disney+).

...and some Netflix content also...

I don't have Hulu, but my understanding is that it is limited to 720p (as is Disney+).

...and some Netflix content also...
Wow, which streaming service(s) does AnyDVD+ support in 1080p?

From the product page, no provider has a guaranteed quality

upload_2021-11-3_21-46-38.png

Sorry if I wasn’t clear; the 720p limit isn’t down to AnyStream, it’s down to Hulu and Disney+

Audials is by far the best I have found for recording from the graphics chip, when you have to go that way.

Audials is by far the best I have found for recording from the graphics chip, when you have to go that way.
Which graphics card? How does that help with video quality?

Which graphics card? How does that help with video quality?

It doesn't, not at the source anyway. It only helps speed up an encode or reduce quality loss depending on the encoder. neither of which is relevant when using AnyStream, since it doesnt encode anything, it grabs AS IS and no amount of encoder or ultra-expensive gpu can change that. Encoding ALWAYS has a quality loss, how big or small is irrelevant.

Back