• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Anystream MP4 not showing CC with ROKU Ultra media player

elkhornsun

I just started trial anystream, with Amazon prime Delicious French Audio and Subtitles English checked.

Prefer Descriptive Audio is NOT CHECKED.

The resulting converted MP4, can be watched on PC using VLC and Subtitles turned on.

4800X Ultra ROKU, current rev level of build 4312-C2 device to play using 'Roku Media Player' on TV, with Closed Captions turned on - does NOT show CC/Subtitles.

I'm retrying download with the 'prefer descriptive audio checked' at a lower resolution - to see if that allows CC to appear.

I'm posting this question, in case someone knows something else I am missing, or need to change to see the CC / Subtitles via my ROKU and ROKU Media Player on my TV screen

Attachments

• anystream-cc.JPG
    anystream-cc.JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 6
Not positive if this is still the same on newer players, but the SRT file must be separate from the file itself and in the same folder.
Also...turn OFF CC....CC and Subtitles are not the same. ROKU cannot read embedded subtitles.

I did find some newer info that the player WILL see SRT files in an MKV container but not an MP4. As a test...set AS to download MKV and SRT separate.
combine them with the tool of your choice such as mkvtoolnix.

How did you download subs, are they embedded, srt, or ttml? Does ROKU support whatever format you downloaded?

I just started trial anystream, with Amazon prime Delicious French Audio and Subtitles English checked.

Prefer Descriptive Audio is NOT CHECKED.

The resulting converted MP4, can be watched on PC using VLC and Subtitles turned on.

4800X Ultra ROKU, current rev level of build 4312-C2 device to play using 'Roku Media Player' on TV, with Closed Captions turned on - does NOT show CC/Subtitles.

I'm retrying download with the 'prefer descriptive audio checked' at a lower resolution - to see if that allows CC to appear.

I'm posting this question, in case someone knows something else I am missing, or need to change to see the CC / Subtitles via my ROKU and ROKU Media Player on my TV screen
Help Us Help you. Please make an AnyStream log file with every error report posted.

1. Look at the GUI of AnyStream.
2. In the upper left-hand corner you will see FILE
3. Press File, and you will see Create log file, create it
4. It is in a .zip format (lastlog) on your desktop or in your documents
5. Upload to the forum with your error report and explanation.

Help Us Help you. Please make an AnyStream log file with every error report posted.

1. Look at the GUI of AnyStream.
2. In the upper left-hand corner you will see FILE
3. Press File, and you will see Create log file, create it
4. It is in a .zip format (lastlog) on your desktop or in your documents
5. Upload to the forum with your error report and explanation.
re-creating now with the log file enabled, will upload when complete

You do realize this is a Roku issue, not an AnyStream issue I hope. I will look at your log file to see if all the subtitles appear correctly, but if they play on VLC, this is certainly a Roku issue.

You do realize this is a Roku issue, not an AnyStream issue I hope. I will look at your log file to see if all the subtitles appear correctly, but if they play on VLC, this is certainly a Roku issue.
Thx, yes, I do realize that this is most likely a "Roku Media Player" Am downloading Delicious again and have selected Subtitles to store as 'SRT File' and will see if that helps. I'm creating logfile too which I will upload.
I will convert the MP4 to a MKV and try putting the MKV and SRT files in the same folder and try the ROKU media player again and see if that helps

Thx in advance to all with any ideas.

Attachments

• roku-media-player.JPG
    roku-media-player.JPG
    25.9 KB · Views: 0
Thx, yes, I do realize that this is most likely a "Roku Media Player" Am downloading Delicious again and have selected Subtitles to store as 'SRT File' and will see if that helps. I'm creating logfile too which I will upload.
I will convert the MP4 to a MKV and try putting the MKV and SRT files in the same folder and try the ROKU media player again and see if that helps

Thx in advance to all with any ideas.
Excellent idea. Let us know how you make out. :giggle:

SUCCESS!!!!! - thanks to all. Here is what I did to make this work.

Changes 'subtitle setting' to 'SRT' setting

Downloaded as MP4 (my only choice)

Put the SRT and the MP4 files in the same directory selected by my ROKU MEDIA PLAYER

Turned CC on, in the ROKU -- which is needed.

And VOILA -it plays with subtitles.

I did NOT have to convert the MP4 to MKV to watch

THANKS TO ALL!

Attachments

• anystream-CC-SRT-for-ROKU-Media-Player.JPG
    anystream-CC-SRT-for-ROKU-Media-Player.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 4
I am ready to buy as soon as I can purchase with a Credit Card - don't want to use BITCOIN

Thx. It is not a question about being difficult or not - I prefer to use a Credit Card- I have 19 more days with my trial version - hopefully it will be fixed by then!

Thx. It is not a question about being difficult or not - I prefer to use a Credit Card- I have 19 more days with my trial version - hopefully it will be fixed by then!
I hope we have a payment provider by the time you want to buy it, BTC would be immediate. The USA is difficult.

SUCCESS!!!!! - thanks to all. Here is what I did to make this work.

Changes 'subtitle setting' to 'SRT' setting

Downloaded as MP4 (my only choice)

Put the SRT and the MP4 files in the same directory selected by my ROKU MEDIA PLAYER

Turned CC on, in the ROKU -- which is needed.

And VOILA -it plays with subtitles.

I did NOT have to convert the MP4 to MKV to watch

THANKS TO ALL!

Sorry...that was my mistake with choosing MKV over MP4....AS only outputs mp4.
You still should be able to combine them into a single mkv file and have it work but do what works best for you.
If you leave them separate...most every player will recognize it as a sub for that file unless you rename it.

Back