• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream HBOMax Login Options

Thin Man

Very excited to see HBOMax included with AS. I realize it's currently in beta, but would appreciate the option to login to HBO as part of your cable or satellite service provider. I don't subscribe to HBOMax directly but have access to it because I subscribe to it through our cable provider. I've attached a screen shot of the HBOMax login option to use a provider instead of a direct login. If this option could be added to the AS HBO login, that would be great. Thanks.

Attachments

• hbo.jpg
    hbo.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 25
nothing's stopping you from creating an hmax account with essentially a federated subscription

True, but why pay twice? Especially if HBO is bundled together with other subscription services and the overall incremental service cost is actually lower. Since the login option on the service homepage is already there, I would have to believe it wouldn't be all that difficult to code the optionality to login as a "subscriber" or "through a provider."

Where did I say pay twice??? You can create an hmax account once you login with credentials from a third party...

Log in to HBOmax outside of AnyStream using the "Sign In With Provider" option. Once logged in go to your profile accessing the "Account" option. From the "Account" option you can create a HBOmax specific password. You'll then be able to log in to HBOmax using your cable provider email address and HBOmax specific password rather than having to use the "Sign In With Provider" option. This is then how you'll log in to HBOmax via AnyStream, i.e. using your cable provider email address and HBOmax specific password.

Wasn't aware of how to do this. Thank you both for your help.

Log in to HBOmax outside of AnyStream using the "Sign In With Provider" option. Once logged in go to your profile accessing the "Account" option. From the "Account" option you can create a HBOmax specific password. You'll then be able to log in to HBOmax using your cable provider email address and HBOmax specific password rather than having to use the "Sign In With Provider" option. This is then how you'll log in to HBOmax via AnyStream, i.e. using your cable provider email address and HBOmax specific password.
This REALLY needs to be pinned by a mod, along with the explanation for pink and green 4K.

I think it’s going to be fixed pretty soon, I am really sorry it’s taking this long, I think they are putting the pro version together because the HBO and Hulu are going to be out of the basic program and into the pro version. Again I’m really sorry for the overdue fix.

HBO Max does.
You may be right I just didn’t think you could download 4K through a browser. HBO max probably does support it but any stream does not support it at least that was my understanding, I am pretty sure 1080 P is the best res that the program supports

OK then if the developers told you that then it’s true I just wasn’t aware I apologize for that
Not the developers, just users. And you can see for yourself that AS downloads 4K on HBO Max. And don't worry about it.

Back