• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyStream Errors Costing Me Download Tokens

zero269

Surprisingly, this error has not found its way into this forum.

upload_2021-12-17_15-56-17.png

Whenever I get the following error message displayed in the Download Queue, it costs a Download Token even though the download fails immediately after starting.

Error. Could not write stream to the output file. Cannot continue with the download.

I've lost around 50 download tokens today.

See attached log file.

I lost 36 alone trying to pull down Night Court. Season 1 has 13 episodes. I tried 1080, it failed. I tried a smaller resolution (720) to see if that would work; nope, so I then tried 480 and it failed as well.

Note: It's NOT the failures that I'm reporting an issue with. It's the fact that the download tokens are NOT being restored once this error occurs.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.2.7.0.astlog
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
Let’s let the developers get the program back on track and then will worry about the tokens. I personally I am taking a break and watching some of the stuff I downloaded before this DRM issue happened. When the developers get it all back up on track we will absolutely worry about the tokens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I lost 36 alone trying to pull down Night Court.
I feel your pain. The method which tokens are associated is completely wrong. Unfortunately, you're not going to get a valid response here, like you've already seen.
This has been brought up countless times already, and honestly, staff and devs don't care that the software is broken in that way. Hell, they don't see it as broken, which is the problem

Just a thought - try downloading one episode to see if it works before you try downloading all 13 episodes?
Just a thought. Try not blaming the victim

I feel your pain. The method which tokens are associated is completely wrong. Unfortunately, you're not going to get a valid response here, like you've already seen.
This has been brought up countless times already, and honestly, staff and devs don't care that the software is broken in that way. Hell, they don't see it as broken, which is the problem

Just a thought. Try not blaming the victim

Waaaaaaahhhhh.... the token argument is old and infantile. Find something else to do while this is solved.

Tired of all the butt-hurt people who think something is "owed" to them while the devs spend endless hours responding to this issue. Find another hobby.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still having some success using "justwatch" filtering out movies before December if you really can't wait, "justwatch" is a great companion for AS .. but doing other fixes rather than DRM is pointless, your tokens means nothing if program doesn't work and this situation will get worse by the day.

I'm still having some success using "justwatch" filtering out movies before December if you really can't wait, "justwatch" is a great companion for AS .. but doing other fixes rather than DRM is pointless, your tokens means nothing if program doesn't work and this situation will get worse by the day.

Never heard of that. Will just have to check that out

Never heard of that. Will just have to check that out

They have both app and webpage, you simply add providers and can then sort/filter select/deselect providers easily on the fly by clicking respective icons, also very useful when messing about with VPN's as you can see beforehand movies added in every region, being enabled to do this you can plan ahead your downloads much better.. saves shit loads of time, especially now when you really want to avoid December and upwards for a while

I wouldn't say that the token system in its current state is broken. The token system in itself is used to prevent overuse of the streaming providers' APIs so that it looks like a normal user and not a site grabber. And for requesting the episode stream, even if AnyStream wasn't able to decrypt afterwards, it talked with the streaming provider. What could be improved is to have unique token buckets for each streaming provider because Netflix doesn't care if Amazon's servers are hammered with requests and vice versa.

Waaaaaaahhhhh.... the token argument is old and infantile. Find something else to do while this is solved.

F'n tired of all the butt-hurt people who think something is "owed" to them while the devs spend endless hours responding to this issue. Find another hobby and STFU.
what are you talking about ?
the people you are talking about have bought this software which is now broken by thier hard earned money
they didn't find the money on the street and also they didn't buy it from your money
it's not their problem if the drm got updated
they only want a working software that they bought with their money

I wouldn't say that the token system in its current state is broken. The token system in itself is used to prevent overuse of the streaming providers' APIs so that it looks like a normal user and not a site grabber. And for requesting the episode stream, even if AnyStream wasn't able to decrypt afterwards, it talked with the streaming provider. What could be improved is to have unique token buckets for each streaming provider because Netflix doesn't care if Amazon's servers are hammered with requests and vice versa.

When you don't know a movie, you watch 1 or 2 minutes and you stop because you don't like it it's the same thing. It should not take a complete token just to test. If I don't know what to watch I can try 20 movies per hour on AP.
I know I can wait until the software is fixed but what I'm trying to download is leaving soon.

When you don't know a movie, you watch 1 or 2 minutes and you stop because you don't like it it's the same thing. It should not take a complete token just to test. If I don't know what to watch I can try 20 movies per hour on AP.
I know I can wait until the software is fixed but what I'm trying to download is leaving soon.

Why don't you preview your movies outside of AS, "Tag them" and then download with AS.

F'n tired of all the butt-hurt people who think something is "owed" to them while the devs spend endless hours responding to this issue. Find another hobby and STFU.

Although I wouldn't state it quite this way, I'm of this mindset as well. Its been stated repeatedly that the token system is not something they are going to change in any substantial way. Like it, or not, to continue to bleat about it is tedious to the rest of us. Wish people would bitch a little less, and be a little more constructive. If someone is ultimately unhappy with AnyStream they continue to have the option of using other software.

what are you talking about ?
the people you are talking about have bought this software which is now broken by thier hard earned money
they didn't find the money on the street and also they didn't buy it from your money
it's not their problem if the drm got updated
they only want a working software that they bought with their money

This logic is tortured. I'd like to give everyone credit who's purchased AnyStream, understanding that RedFox has absolutely no control over DRM changes providers employ. But, if someone somehow dipped their toes into this cat and mouse game without a complete understanding of what they were getting into, they may want to take the opportunity to think a little more critically about it.

It's almost like the DRM systems providers employ are designed to be resistant to piracy. And that higher levels of DRM become much less trivial to circumvent.

But I have good news to these poor souls, who somehow were unaware of this, or who choose to remain willfully ignorant. Each of us have a fallback option in times like this. There are multitudes of capture programs. Choose one and continue on with your bad selves while AnyStream is updated.

Last edited:
I could understand the token complaint if the number of tokens you got was on a subscription basis. For example, you pay a monthly fee for so many tokens, and when they run out, you don't get more until the next month. But they replenish one every 36 minutes. In essence, you have unlimited tokens for your purchase overall. One may be used up with nothing being downloaded, but you get it back in 36 minutes. So what have you really loss? Nothing, except 36 minutes. And in those 36 minutes, you can be doing something else, like watching previously downloaded content you used tokens for but haven't watched yet.

Why don't you preview your movies outside of AS, "Tag them" and then download with AS.

What I meant is if a download is aborded because of crypted file it should not cost a token because it's like when you watch a movie in the "real" browser or application for a few seconds, the tokens are there to limit the full download of a movie, the 2 seconds spent on a broken movie should not count.

I could understand the token complaint if the number of tokens you got was on a subscription basis. For example, you pay a monthly fee for so many tokens, and when they run out, you don't get more until the next month. But they replenish one every 36 minutes. In essence, you have unlimited tokens for your purchase overall. One may be used up with nothing being downloaded, but you get it back in 36 minutes. So what have you really loss? Nothing, except 36 minutes. And in those 36 minutes, you can be doing something else, like watching previously downloaded content you used tokens for but haven't watched yet.

Yes of course, but each of us has different needs. I can wait it's not a problem if it's in 2 weeks, but I'm afraid of the movies and series that are leaving soon. In 2 weeks they will be gone.

Last edited:
Back