Anystream download speed

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by imcatinhiding, Sep 27, 2020.

1. imcatinhiding

imcatinhiding Well-Known Member

I have changed download speed to unlimited but i dont see any difference after changing it? Does the cpu do all the work doing the download then?
    thank you

2. Jefaisdesmv

Jefaisdesmv Member

I don't really know how it works, but for Prime Video, my speed can go up to 2.5x... 15Mbits/s... It's cool but not quick enough to my point of view :(
    I don't know how fast you can go with Netflix though.

3. gx3541

gx3541 Member

i set unlimited and got 80~90Mbits/s.

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Obtainable speeds are depending on multiple factors
    • your internal network speed
    • the speed between your ISP access point and the target website
    • The maximum delivery speed supported by the target website
    • CDN or not (in which case both Netflix and Amazon use a CDN)
    • If the external website does some kind of speed throttling (out of AnyStream control)

testiles likes this.
  5. Prospere

Prospere RedFox Development Team

To add my 2 cents to what Ch3vr0n sais - all of those are out of AnyStream control.

6. lockinhind

lockinhind New Member

sorry for the revival of a dead thread, but why does it recommend realtime for download speed, does it trip any redflags or something?

7. 0x0x0x0x0

0x0x0x0x0 Well-Known Member

Could be ISP doing throttling. Just looking at AVC on my Cisco WLC, it's easy to discern what service is used by what client (SSL, AWS, AIV, and 'flix are counted separately, for example), entirely plausible that your ISP or someone else upstream is doing the throttling for you based on the application.

8. Partha

Partha New Member

I would like to know that too please.

9. Xander

Xander Well-Known Member

can potentially trip a flag, but i dont really use real time an more takes to long,
    If a que of some sort is implemented i will probably start using real time again. :)