• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anystream download speed

imcatinhiding

I have changed download speed to unlimited but i dont see any difference after changing it? Does the cpu do all the work doing the download then?
thank you

I don't really know how it works, but for Prime Video, my speed can go up to 2.5x... 15Mbits/s... It's cool but not quick enough to my point of view :(
I don't know how fast you can go with Netflix though.

Obtainable speeds are depending on multiple factors
  • your internal network speed
  • the speed between your ISP access point and the target website
  • The maximum delivery speed supported by the target website
  • CDN or not (in which case both Netflix and Amazon use a CDN)
  • If the external website does some kind of speed throttling (out of AnyStream control)

To add my 2 cents to what Ch3vr0n sais - all of those are out of AnyStream control.

sorry for the revival of a dead thread, but why does it recommend realtime for download speed, does it trip any redflags or something?

I don't really know how it works, but for Prime Video, my speed can go up to 2.5x... 15Mbits/s... It's cool but not quick enough to my point of view :(
I don't know how fast you can go with Netflix though.

Could be ISP doing throttling. Just looking at AVC on my Cisco WLC, it's easy to discern what service is used by what client (SSL, AWS, AIV, and 'flix are counted separately, for example), entirely plausible that your ISP or someone else upstream is doing the throttling for you based on the application.

can potentially trip a flag, but i dont really use real time an more takes to long,
If a que of some sort is implemented i will probably start using real time again. :)

Back