• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anystream and ISP

Lara tono

Will my ISP Know that im downloading a movie from netflix using Anystream
or they will just think im just watching a movie from Netflix.com ?

Will my ISP Know that im downloading a movie from netflix using Anystream
or they will just think im just watching a movie from Netflix.com ?
Your isp has no knowledge that I know of as to what you are doing except watching a movie on Netflix.

Nor do they care for that matter :) When you download something through the netflix native app it consumes just as much bandwith :)

Your isp has no knowledge that I know of as to what you are doing except watching a movie on Netflix.

There's a detectable pattern since AS phones home for approval for each DL. An ISP could put two-and-two together if asked.

There's a detectable pattern since AS phones home for approval for each DL. An ISP could put two-and-two together if asked.
Most ISPs don't really care, they know you are paying for a provider, that's all they want to know. Just my opinion. :whistle:

Could they tell if they wanted to? Yes, I am sure they can and in multiple different ways. Do they inspect traffic that deeply normally? I don't think so, they just don't have a dog in that fight. If anything they would probably watch DNS queries since ISPs typically provide DNS which I recommend no one ever use.

One question you have to ask yourself is "why would the ISP do that?" is it in their business model? is it a regulatory requirement? Well, that turned out to be three questions, but the gist is they're in the business of making money, not some philanthropical service to the studios...

Of course they will see that you are downloading many GB within a short time and if you watch a movie you would need more time for that movie but (and now it is speculation on my side as I'm not sure) they may not know if it is a movie or just a game were it would be usual to have that amount of data. Also you could use a different DNS Service like Cloudflare, that your ISP should see nothing what you do (at least from what I know).

Back