• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Anystream 1.6.5.0 search during download fail remaining items in queue

Esphyx

1) Start anystream.
2) Show queue and pause it (Netflix for this log).
3) Search for something not visible on the main provider window and add a season for multiple downloads in the queue.
4) Start the queue, the season download starts.
5) Search for something else during download. When the second search is performed the remaining downloads in the queue are invalidated immediately. (Error: Failed to retrieve playlist).

If the second search isn't performed download completes fine.
Also seems to work in the download in the queue exist in the main provider window already.
Seems to affect multiple providers, not just Netflix.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.6.5.0.astlog
    664 KB · Views: 0
This is a known issue, and the reason is that when you do a second search and the items are not in the main provider window already, the items get "removed" and therefore some sort of key or tmp file or whatever also gets lost. And that fails the stuff in queue. I am not sure if the devs have said something about this, if so I forgot it or missed the thread. But the solution is that you simply wait until it's done until you make another search. Or search for it in your browser/take note of the stuff in a .txt file if you could forget it.

Exactly. Your suggestion is a workaround. The solution is that it is fixed in the application.
In some ways this limits the use of having a queue at all.

No, it does not, what you describe is an exception, not the rule.:cool:

OP doesn't said it is a rule, but it indeed does limit the use of the queue for movies as you then can only put one movie in the queue when it is not on the main page since searching for the next movie would let the current download fail. It's of course still useful for seasons, since there you can still download multiple seasons and episodes.

Yes, it is a workaround, but if you want to post an all-nighter queue, then stick to one provider. Select another provider the next night. The device would have to rewrite the code from the beginning to make it work if at all. Sorry.

Maybe for you, different computers react differently, maybe an upgrade is in order.:sneaky: The queue was meant for a few seasons of the same title, not 500 downloads and you go to sleep.

It's actually not that unusual that users posts about this, do you think? I've seen a couple that seem similar lately.

Yes, it is a workaround, but if you want to post an all-nighter queue, then stick to one provider.
I do (Netflix) and it was 10 downloads, and you break it with just 1 provider. I just wanted to bring to Redfox support knowledge that I see it on several providers if that can change the priority on how things are addressed. I disagree on your statement, this is likely in my opinion in the general code part, so if it is fixed, it is fixed for all.

Maybe for you, different computers react differently, maybe an upgrade is in order.:sneaky: The queue was meant for a few seasons of the same title, not 500 downloads and you go to sleep.
I didn't do that, I did 10 downloads and 8 failed. I think you miss the point here, we all want the same thing. I do this because I also want a stable application as everyone else. We all have different envionments. but we all run the same application, let's try to address the problems we find. An upgrade would be highly appreciated.

I didn't know it was known, I posted the same behavior for D+ some times ago.

I didn't know it was known, I posted the same behavior for D+ some times ago.
yeah, i also thought this was only for now old hbomax. i was always able to queue and search on AP, D+, P+, NF, HULU...

Back