• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone tried the "Streamlocator Hub" ?

DQ

It's an alternate way to get geoblocked content without a VPN. From what I gather it is a paid service (that requires their hardware) and it just proxies streaming only traffic and leaves everything else alone. I see it is now an app in the chrome and play stores as well.

I was toying with the idea of getting the hardware and only feeding through it streaming traffic.

Anyways, just curious if anyone has given it a go with AS or otherwise.

I only use VPN for Amz jp and atm I'm done with the huge amount I had to download. So for me the VPN is enough, even when it was buggy sometimes.
Also it seems to be like an entire router and I'm not sure if this would be suitable for me.

I only use VPN for Amz jp and atm I'm done with the huge amount I had to download. So for me the VPN is enough, even when it was buggy sometimes.
Also it seems to be like an entire router and I'm not sure if this would be suitable for me.

It is a router. But I planned to use it behind my firewall and only send streaming stuff to it. Or that was my plan. Which is why I was checking to see if anyone had used it.

Never heard of it until now.

It's a cool idea and solution. But they are making a HUGE mistake by not offering it as just software or a plug-in for the other major firewall/routers.

It's a cool idea and solution. But they are making a HUGE mistake by not offering it as just software or a plug-in for the other major firewall/routers.
That's the reason why I'm not even looking at it. The VPN is way enough for me.

Reactions: DQ
That's the reason why I'm not even looking at it. The VPN is way enough for me.

Agreed on that point. I was going to use it as not intended to get around that part but I do like the idea of them just using proxy/DNS vs VPN to solve the issue.

You thread necros! :p
This is still a good topic. This device is still a thing.
https://www.streamlocator.com/
I took a quick look at their site and I don't think I will ever need it. I only download occasionally from Amz jp, so having another devices sitting around would actually be more trouble than just opening the VPN. Also, the VPN is cheaper than that device for now, if you consider the 5.83$ they want to get each month after one year.

Back