• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Anyone experienced HBO Max with ads using AnyStream?

oregreen

Curious if anyone has experience with HBO Max with ads using AnyStream? Using AS with freevee with ads on Amazon Prime, there are no ads when viewing the downloaded movie. Is that the same case with HBO Max with ads?

There are no ads. Ads are not part of the video, the video is being interrupted and another video is played. AnyStream doesn't just record what you are being fed. It downloads the video. However, all services have a splash at the beginning of the video if it's their in house content as opposed to licensed content, and that is part of the video. Same with Starz putting network watermark in the video.

There are no ads. Ads are not part of the video, the video is being interrupted and another video is played. AnyStream doesn't just record what you are being fed. It downloads the video. However, all services have a splash at the beginning of the video if it's their in house content as opposed to licensed content, and that is part of the video. Same with Starz putting network watermark in the video.

Also, some of the Showtime material (through Amazon Prime) will have an advertisement of their own shows/series baked into the front end of a movie. It is mainly on newer movies/shows.

AnyStream strips the ads.;)
On most providers but HMax is the exception. 'Most' things work just fine on the ad version but some items won't. RF will remember it unless it's been fixed, some items do a redirect to a different url at the start which is an ad server and it causes the AS dl to abort. Not sure the criteria because a lot of things worked just fine then I ran across some the didn't. Upgraded the sub to ad free and then they worked. So... if you're on the ad version and you get an aborted dl on HMax that's most likely the issue

Last edited:
On most providers but HMax is the exception. 'Most' things work just fine on the ad version but some items won't. RF will remember it unless it's been fixed, some items do a redirect to a different url at the start which is an ad server and it causes the AS dl to abort. Not sure the criteria because a lot of things worked just fine then I ran across some the didn't. Upgraded the sub to ad free and then they worked. So... if you're on the ad version and you get an aborted dl on HMax that's most likely the issue
With HBO Max you should always use the ad-free version. The with ads version works fine on 99% of the downloads but there are some exceptions, its up to you. AS strips 99% of the ads with either version. The only exception is if the ads are burned into the .mp4, then they can not be removed. My suggestion is to try the version with the ads, if that's not acceptable to you, you can always upgrade for a few dollars more a month.

Last edited:
game of thrones over at HMAX has recaps baked in at the end of each and every episode last time i checked, 6 months ago.
If they are burned in no one can do anything about it, hey I have an idea. When the GOT is over turn it off.;) Recaps are not ads.

If they are burned in no one can do anything about it, hey I have an idea. When the GOT is over turn it off.;) Recaps are not ads.

of course, but it is annoying. it is beyond me why HMAX decided to burn in recaps instead offering them as bonus or something. oh, well...

of course, but it is annoying. it is beyond me why HMAX decided to burn in recaps instead offering them as bonus or something. oh, well...
There are a lot of things in life that are annoying, but sometimes you just have to move on.:(

Back