• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD update popup

wjogert

I am still running the last official SlySoft release (7.6.9.0)

(I've been skittish to install the RedFox release... yeah I have trust issues, lol)

I noticed today that AnyDVD told me that there was an update available.

I was just surprised to see that. I didn't expect that the old software could see updates in the new download directory.

There's nothing to distrust. It's still developed by a big part of the ex-slysoft team. Just make sure your license was still valid at the time of interim version release.

With SlySoft updates, I always used to receive an email rather than a popup announcement. The new popup I'm getting says "Click here to visit the SlySoft download page!" Really? The SlySoft page, not the RedFox page?

What's particularly frustrating is, at least on my computer, it's impossible to click the popup -- as soon as the mouse is moved at all, or any key touched, the popup disappears, and cannot be clicked. I have to manually go to RedFox online. So is this just my computer, or is it a general problem?

Is there any way to get email announcements again, instead of these stupid popups that don't work, and keep returning every day?

With SlySoft updates, I always used to receive an email rather than a popup announcement. The new popup I'm getting says "Click here to visit the SlySoft download page!" Really? The SlySoft page, not the RedFox page?

That popup is in your old version of AnyDVD, new popups will say Redfox no doubt.
You can turn them off entirely and check the forum here too.
That's what I do.
-W

That popup is in your old version of AnyDVD, new popups will say Redfox no doubt.
You can turn them off entirely and check the forum here too.
That's what I do.
-W
Thanks. Does anyone know if RedFox will send email announcements?

Edit:
Also, I saw somewhere the procedure for turning off popups, but now can't find it again. Mind giving me where to do that please?

Last edited:
Thanks. Does anyone know if RedFox will send email announcements?
No that has not been decided yet, they have more pressing issues right now, but I will make its gets on the to do list. Thanks for posting.

No that has not been decided yet, they have more pressing issues right now, but I will make its gets on the to do list. Thanks for posting.
I appreciate your response.

I edited my post, about how to turn off popups, before I saw yours -- mind telling me how to do that please?

Simple, go into anydvd's program settings and untick 'check for updates'

I have update my older Version because of the prompt for a newer Version.
Now the Software is without a licence and i have to buy it again.
I have not expected that an update has such consequences.
That's not OK.
Now i have removed it and it was my last Action
Good By AnyDVD.

Not redfox's fault you didn't read the warning next to the download link. Or any of the other stickies, news articles and discussion of the past few months.

It's easy enough to roll back to ver. 7.6.9.5 too. Problem solved.
But some people just *want* to be mad at somebody.
There is no way to "accidentally" miss all the warnings on the download page.
Anyone that does, is just really inattentive (to be kind) - or "gaming it" for the sake of the board here.

-W

The Update works on this way since a Long time, so i do not expect a change.
By the way, if want you kill the old licence dont use a Update. Call it a new Version!
For me it is the wrong way to get Money from the old users. So you lost one!

Back