Anydvd unique cinavia fix

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by fits79, Jul 26, 2018.

1. fits79

fits79 Well-Known Member

What exactly is this and what exactly do?

As i know there isn't any way to completely remove/delete the cinavia protection of any disc.

So what this feature do exactly?

2. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

The fix prevents software players from detecting Cinavia.

AnyDVD Cinavia Fix.jpg

3. StoneyJSG

StoneyJSG Well-Known Member

You can remove cinavia from a blu ray disc by using anyDVD with clonebd during the conversion and burning process. You have to down convert the audio to AC3 though.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  4. fits79

fits79 Well-Known Member

So it ISN'T the same movie as the audio would change format at all so.......

5. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

The "unique cinavia fix" does not alter or modify the audio in any way, nothing needs to be downconverted. Just play back on your HTPC and enjoy.

6. James

BTW, why was this posted in "general chat"?

7. fits79

fits79 Well-Known Member

How you mentioning "not alter or modify the audio in any way" from the time you tell us it change the audio to ac3 even the source bluray audio was dts.

Cause i believe it is general topic.

And one more time you don't tell us how exactly work this cinavia fix/remove feature of anydvd hd.

8. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Because the unique fix related to the SOFTWARE player fix (that's clearly stated), which is done on the fly and patches the PLAYER (powerdvd). It doesn't touch the audio at all.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk

9. James

I do net tell this.

10. fits79

fits79 Well-Known Member

So what exactly do the cinavia fix for the anydvd hd rip?
    Can i rip a complete bluray disc without the cinavia protection and all the audio at the same format?

11. mike20021969

No. That can not be done.

12. fits79

fits79 Well-Known Member

So the only thing cinavia fix can do is to play any bluray movie without that protection and nothing more.
    So it's completely USELESS.

13. mike20021969

No, it's not completely useless at all.

You can now play your Cinavia protected backup/copy in the software players (that the fix is designed to work with).
    And when used in conjunction with CloneBD, Cinavia will be removed from the backup/copy (although the audio is downgraded).

14. James

For you it might be. For me and probably several thousand others it is very useful.

whatever_gong82, testiles and amazing like this.
  15. Ch3vr0n

No, because you assume there's only 1 fix. There's 2, each with a different target use.

The first one (which this topic is about) "Anydvd's unique fix", patches the SOFTWARE PLAYER like PowerDVD to NOT DETECT the signal. As such there's no need to actually remove the signal itself and you can play the movie without the speedup/slowdown effect that would happen if you DID remove cinavia with the second setting. This first setting is usefull for users who don't have a standalone player and watch movies on the PC. This setting DOES NOT require to downscale the audio, as it doesn't affect the disc in any way. It "tweaks" the player.

The second setting is targetted towards users who play movies on a cinavia detecting standalone player (connected to TV). This one in combination with CloneBD does physically remove the signal but at a cost to the audio quality.

Both settings are very useful to different target users, it depends on what the user wants to do. Now if BOTH are useless for YOU, that's your problem not theirs.

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  16. redleader

redleader Member

So I played with this - resetting it to default settings and now it works, but it creates a 31.5GB folder (RIP to HD) rather than a 4.5 GB folder than can be backed up to DVD media. Is there a setting I can change to fix this?

17. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

For a DVD, leave it at default settings. DVD players do not check for Cinavia, only Bluray players.

If you are saying you have a DVD, that when ripping to the harddrive with AnyDVD, creates a 31GB folder, then you need to post an AnyDVD log. That should not be possible. Windows, yes. A third party program, yes. AnyDVD, no.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  18. James

You are quite off-topic here. Please create your own troubleshooting thread.

19. fits79

fits79 Well-Known Member

So still there ISN'T any way to completely remove / delete the cinavia protection for bluray movies so can rip the audio without any loosing quality.

So still NO cinavia fix that is acceptable for persons like me we don't want to loose quality of movies e.t.c.

20. Ch3vr0n

1. No, not with anydvd
    2. Third party tools claim they can, but multiple users have stated since the beginning it's being done by completely replacing the audio track.

The fix? Get yourself a (used/2nd hand) cinavia detection free model. That's what i did, twice.