AnyDVD prompts: couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (UHD only)' started by zhmcxc, Oct 23, 2018.

1. zhmcxc

zhmcxc New Member

My PIONEER BD-RWBDR-XD07U UHD drive was purchased from Japan.When using the AnyDVD HD to decrypt a UHD disc, prompted: couldn't retrieve AGID (bus encryption)!
    Does it mean that I have to replace an optical drive?One UHD Friendly Drives,such as:
    LG WH16NS60(Internal, Firmware: 1.00)
    Buffalo BRUHD-PU3(External, USB, Firmware: BU10)
    LG BU40N(Internal Slim/Laptop, Firmware: FR07, TST0, BU10, CA03, A100)
    LG BU50N(Internal Slim/Laptop, Firmware: GE02)
    LG BP60NB10
    Can't I crack a UHD disc with AnyDVD HD without replacing the optical drive?

Attached Files:

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Can't say for sure but looks like that's not an uhd friendly drive. And neither is the WH16NS60 you're listing, that's an official uhd drive. The last uhd friendly drive by LG in that series is WH/BH16NS55 firmware 1.02 or lower. If you get one, do NOT update to 1.03 or you will lose uhd friendly status

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

3. zhmcxc

zhmcxc New Member

Thank you for your reply.
    This is the new optical drive I bought. I hope that AnyDVD HD can solve this problem.Do I have to buy a lot of optical drives to try which one can crack the UHD disc?

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

No. Pioneer drives cannot be used for UHD decryption. No need to try other software solutions, it won't work.

5. zhmcxc

zhmcxc New Member

Which brands and their types UHD drives can be used for UHD decryption with AnyDVD HD? Such as LG, Buffalo,ASUS,Sony... Can you give me some advice?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  6. Ch3vr0n

I already gave you a specific working model in post 2

7. Lazaros Velaetis

Lazaros Velaetis Active Member

does the Buffalo drive work?

8. Ch3vr0n

Please do not post a near identical question across 3 different topics in 2 different sections. The anydvd section is not meant for drive model and firmware discussions