AnyDVD Key Screwed Up Windows Media Player - 0xC00D116A

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Somebody's Fat, Mar 14, 2007.

1. Somebody's Fat

Somebody's Fat New Member

Greetings.

I used the Trial version of AnyDVD without a problem in the past 21 days. Yesterday I purchased the key for AnyDVD and installed it. Now, Windows Media Player, the program I've used to view my DVDs on the computer has is failing to play any of my DVDs, authentic or DVD-R backups. It gives me this error:

Which gives me...

No other program was installed, updated or deleted from the time of DVD playback operation to failure, so I must conclude it has been caused by the installation of the AnyDVD key. Any help concerning how to resolve this issue is appreciated. Thanks!

2. DetroitBaseball

DetroitBaseball Well-Known Member

Never seen this problem before. The AnyDVD key doesn't do anything but add a value or two to the registry.

3. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Very strange. Try doing a system restore to a point where all was well.

-W

4. Whisperer

Whisperer Well-Known Member

Could this problem be as simple as (in the Settings for AnyDVD, in the Drive/Selection area), that the burner drive or ROM drive has not be selected for AnyDVD to recognize?

If not, I'd suggest a deletion of AnyDVD, redownload a fresh AnyDVD, re-install, and reapply key before resorting to a system restore.

Also, have you tried PowerDVD as a system based DVD player rather than MS Media Player? I have always thought that MS could introduce a kink into Media Player to stop the playing of copywrited DVD's on a computer ... This would not be fair since many use computer media centers for playing movies.

Whisperer

Last edited: Mar 15, 2007