• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD Key Screwed Up Windows Media Player - 0xC00D116A

Somebody's Fat

Greetings.

I used the Trial version of AnyDVD without a problem in the past 21 days. Yesterday I purchased the key for AnyDVD and installed it. Now, Windows Media Player, the program I've used to view my DVDs on the computer has is failing to play any of my DVDs, authentic or DVD-R backups. It gives me this error:

Windows Media Player is currently unable to play DVD video. Try decreasing the number of colors displayed on your monitor or decreasing the screen resolution. For additional solutions, click More Information to access the DVD Troubleshooter.

Which gives me...

0xC00D116A: Cannot play DVD video. To play DVDs, you must have a DVD-ROM drive, and a software or hardware DVD decoder installed on your computer. If you do not have a compatible DVD decoder installed, DVD-related commands, options, and controls do not appear in the Player and you cannot play DVDs. By default, Windows does not include a DVD decoder. For more information about DVD decoders, see Windows Help.

No other program was installed, updated or deleted from the time of DVD playback operation to failure, so I must conclude it has been caused by the installation of the AnyDVD key. Any help concerning how to resolve this issue is appreciated. Thanks!

Greetings.

I used the Trial version of AnyDVD without a problem in the past 21 days. Yesterday I purchased the key for AnyDVD and installed it. Now, Windows Media Player, the program I've used to view my DVDs on the computer has is failing to play any of my DVDs, authentic or DVD-R backups. It gives me this error:

Which gives me...

No other program was installed, updated or deleted from the time of DVD playback operation to failure, so I must conclude it has been caused by the installation of the AnyDVD key. Any help concerning how to resolve this issue is appreciated. Thanks!
Never seen this problem before. The AnyDVD key doesn't do anything but add a value or two to the registry.

Very strange. Try doing a system restore to a point where all was well.

-W

Could this problem be as simple as (in the Settings for AnyDVD, in the Drive/Selection area), that the burner drive or ROM drive has not be selected for AnyDVD to recognize?

If not, I'd suggest a deletion of AnyDVD, redownload a fresh AnyDVD, re-install, and reapply key before resorting to a system restore.

Also, have you tried PowerDVD as a system based DVD player rather than MS Media Player? I have always thought that MS could introduce a kink into Media Player to stop the playing of copywrited DVD's on a computer ... This would not be fair since many use computer media centers for playing movies.

Whisperer

Last edited:
Back