• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD blue screens (v6.8.4.0) during rip

Ok, first this is my first time ever reporting an error, so sorry if I don't give you everything you need to help me figure this out.

I am receiving a BSOD randomly as I use AnyDVD HD to burn images (mainly DVDs) to my system. This is annoying since I use my system for more than just making ISOs. I am tired of losing my work to this program. As calsdad stated, this never use to happen with my original version.

When it crashed today, I had Word, Winamp, and Firefox open. I am only using AnyDVD to make ISOs, no third party app.

I have attached both the AnyDVD and Window's event log files. Any assistance you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry

Can you read the stickies and start your own thread?
Piggybacking on someone else's issue only confuses things overall.
-W

Can you read the stickies and start your own thread?
Piggybacking on someone else's issue only confuses things overall.
-W

At this point I see no reason to split the thread. Maybe at some point but not yet.

Please go back and follow the thread.
I'm just tired of people "poodle pumping" me for sport - when I only mean well.

-W

You guys don't have to agree on things or even get along. Bickering and gibes, however, are completely unnecessary. The Report feature does serve a purpose. Use it and things will be looked at.

The problem here is a BSOD and those who know more than I do are looking into the matter. The bickering, however, is not at all useful to anyone.

Last edited:
He has only used the wrong word, he is talking about creating an image.

Now that I re-read I can see how that might be the case. Very important that you are clear when describing a problem! :)

graygm18, so does your crash happen when you burn an ISO to a blank, or when you copy an original to your hard drive? If you are copying an original to your hard drive, how are you doing that? With just AnyDVD? Are you doing rip to image or rip to file?

Try this... uninstall AnyDVD, then install version 6.7.9.0. If your blue screens stop, then you may have the same issue (possible software or hardware conflict?) as the original poster.

Last edited:
1. Didn't you see the warning message? Do N O T use AnyDVD to create DVD ISOs - no support for what results. ;)

2. If you prefer to work with DVD ISOs then use ImgBurn, please. :agree:

Again, I never got a clear answer as to why this is the case. What exactly does ImgBurn do in its image creation process that AnyDVD does not?

My understanding of the issue is that a bit-for-bit or 1:1 ISO copy of a DVD will not have its structural protection reauthored so that it can be handled in older programs such as DVD Shrink. So, for maximum versatility, a reauthoring option should be used, such as AnyDVD's "Rip video to disk" option, or CloneDVD.

The issue of having a 1:1 ISO with structural protection not work properly in DVD Shrink will still be present regardless of what program makes the 1:1 ISO (ImgBurn, CloneCD, AnyDVD's "Rip to Image", etc.).

If you do have a 1:1 ISO and would like to use it in a program that has trouble with it (like DVD Shrink), you can always mount that ISO using Virtual Clone Drive, then run it through CloneDVD or AnyDVD's "Rip video to disk" option to get data that will be then be usuable.

I would be very interested to know if I have any of that wrong. Can you clarify... is there something that ImgBurn does with ISO creation that AnyDVD doesn't? Surely AnyDVD shouldn't blue screen the system when creating an ISO from a DVD? :)

Please go back and follow the thread.
I'm just tired of people "poodle pumping" me for sport - when I only mean well.

-W

Me nor anyone else was "griefing." I also am quite bewildered by your allusion to animal sex. :confused: My point was that your post, "There is no 'blue screen issue' - except in the case of your issue" was not helpful, as it insinuates that the original poster has a problem that is not worth solving as it is only happening to him. That only serves to frustrate the original poster (which it did).

I can relate to frustrating issues like this and would like to see it solved, or at least identified.

To me, it sounds like a change was made at some point in AnyDVD that causes a conflict with a driver (hence the blue screen), or perhaps some other piece of software, such as an Anti Malware or Firewall program. If that is the case, then it may affect all users of the conflicting software or hardware.

Sorry for the delay in responding. Here is the minidump file.

@Pelvis Popcan - AnyDVD does have the capability of creating ISOs. Sorry for saying burn when I meant create.

@Clams - Sorry for "piggybacking", but since I am having the same issue as the topic of this post, I didn't think it would be improper of me to say that I was receiving them too.

Thanks for all the help in troubleshooting this.

Attachments

• 071711-25906-01.rar
    26.9 KB · Views: 3
AnyDVD does have the capability of creating ISOs.

Which is intended only for Bluray discs, not regular DVDs. If you need to create an ISO of a regular DVD first rip the DVD to your HD and then use another program (such as Imgburn) to create your ISO, or use CloneDVD to create the ISO. Creating an ISO of a regular DVD using AnyDVD can cause problems if there is any structural copy protection present.

Crash seems to happen in AnyDVD.sys.

Being worked on - current beta won't help.
Until then: disabling subtitle tranparency for DVDs in AnyDVD should help.

Back