• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD HD blue screens (v6.8.4.0) during rip

calsdad

I updated to the latest version of AnyDVD HD a few days ago.

Used it for one or two rips - and I did not see any issues. Tried to rip another DVD this morning - and the PC blue screened 3 times (every time I tried to rip that DVD). I am running Windows XP Service Pack 3

I do not get any blue screen when I just use the PC doing my normal routine.

I downloaded the MS SDK - and loaded a couple of the minidumps into WinDbg and the debugging details point to AnyDVD.

Here's what I got:

BugCheck 10000050, {e48a6000, 0, b63efcee, 1}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : AnyDVD.sys ( AnyDVD+3cee )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: e48a6000, memory referenced.
Arg2: 00000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: b63efcee, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 00000001, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------

Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: e48a6000

FAULTING_IP:
AnyDVD+3cee
b63efcee 0fb60a movzx ecx,byte ptr [edx]

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 1

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 3

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

PROCESS_NAME: System

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from b63efe69 to b63efcee

STACK_TEXT:
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
b119aa4c b63efe69 00000015 8ae13100 e48a5ffb AnyDVD+0x3cee
b119aa6c b63f0013 8ae13100 8ae13104 88f2d570 AnyDVD+0x3e69
b119aa8c b63f1427 8ae13100 00000000 000007e3 AnyDVD+0x4013
b119aaa0 b63f1a59 8ae13104 002742c3 8ae13104 AnyDVD+0x5427
b119ad28 b63ef3d8 8ae13104 8afce548 ba380000 AnyDVD+0x5a59
b119ad64 b63ef660 8ae24e68 8ae13104 b119ad5c AnyDVD+0x33d8
b119ad94 b63ef908 8ae13104 00000000 88efc920 AnyDVD+0x3660
b119adac 805cff72 8ae13104 00000000 00000000 AnyDVD+0x3908
b119addc 805460ee b63ef77c 8ae13104 00000000 nt!IopQueryReconfiguration+0x25
b119adf8 00000000 00000000 00000000 00001f80 nt!ExpRemovePoolTracker+0x7b

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
AnyDVD+3cee
b63efcee 0fb60a movzx ecx,byte ptr [edx]

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: AnyDVD+3cee

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: AnyDVD

IMAGE_NAME: AnyDVD.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4df134fa

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x50_AnyDVD+3cee

BUCKET_ID: 0x50_AnyDVD+3cee

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Is there any way I can go back to a previous version of AnyDVD? I was not seeing any issues at all before I installed v6.8.4.0

I can't seem to find any previous versions listed for download on the Slysoft site.....

If there is any more info needed for analysis - let me know and I will see if I can retrieve it

Try updating to the latest beta, 6.8.4.1, located at the top of the AnyDVD forum. If even the beta still BSODs, then posting a logfile from the disc will certainly help the developers see if there is a problem.

Just updated to beta v6.8.4.1, and I still got the same problem.

The rip made it partway thru the disc and blue-screened.

Here is what the blue screen was displaying:
(left out all the non important verbage)

BAD_POOL_CALLER

TECHNICAL INFORMATION:

STOP: 0x000000C2 ( 0x00000007, 0x00000CD4, 0x00000400, 0xE5DA1008)

After I rebooted the PC, I had a popup come up on the desktop (when AnyDVD tried to start):

InstallADvdHlp() failed!
IDVDInfo2::GetDiscId hook not installed!

Which logfile from the disc would they be looking for? There aren't any logs I can find from AnyDVD.

I just went back and reinstalled the original version of AnyDVD HD that I started with (version 6.7.9.0, the version I purchased) - and retried a rip on the exact same DVD, and it finished without blue-screening the PC.

I'll be sticking with that version for now until I see something that addresses the blue screen issue.

To create and post an AnyDVD log file, read this (Have problems? Please answer these questions when posting, or risk being ignored.), section ii, item 4.

1) No obvious problems trying to play the disc with AnyDVD HD enabled or disabled (I used PowerDVD for playback)

2) The disc is: "The Big C - Season 1 - Disc 2" Release date is 2011, it's a US disc

Note: I had already ripped disc 1 and disc 3 from this same series without any issues

3) hopefully the responses I gave above have all the info, there's not much else I can tell you - the 3rd time the PC blue-screened the only app that was actively doing anything was AnyDVD HD (doing the rip) - and it blue screened somewhere during the rip process. All three of the blue-screens I got appeared to happen at different points - because the rip that was left behind was a different size each time.

4) I have the log file - it should be attached to this post

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.7.9.0_Info_D_Big C Season 1 Disc 2.zip
    36.5 KB · Views: 2
I'll be sticking with that version for now until I see something that addresses the blue screen issue.

There is no "blue screen issue" - except in the case of your issue.

-W

I downloaded the MS SDK - and loaded a couple of the minidumps into WinDbg and the debugging details point to AnyDVD.

If there is any more info needed for analysis - let me know and I will see if I can retrieve it

It would help a lot, if you'd post that actual minidump file.

There is no "blue screen issue" - except in the case of your issue.

-W

The log file is posted - and as far as I am concerned: it doesn't matter if the entire rest of the world using the product hasn't seen it; when the PC I use bluescreens every time I try to rip a disk, I update to the latest beta - and that blue screens too, and then I backdate to the earlier version (which I had used to rip dozens of discs with absolutely no issues) - and the problem goes away, there IS a blue screen issue - (for me) in the latest versions.

Do you think I'm making this up because I had nothing better to do last night than spend a few hours trying to get this to work?

Last edited:
It would help a lot, if you'd post that actual minidump file.

I have three of them - do you want all three?

The blue screen did not appear to happen at the same point every time. When I checked the .ISO file after rebooting the PC from the bluescreen - all three ISO's were different sizes.

I haven't looked at all three of the minidumps to compare them against each other to see if they're the same.

The paperclip file attachment function didn't like the .dmp file extension, all four of the minidumps I have are in the attached .zip file...

Attachments

• anydvd_minidumps.ZIP
    63.4 KB · Views: 4
The paperclip file attachment function didn't like the .dmp file extension, all four of the minidumps I have are in the attached .zip file...

Cool! No one thought you were "making this up" - But know that your situation is unique - and usually the result of interaction with other software on a system.

-W

Thanks! :)

I am getting a BSOD too

Ok, first this is my first time ever reporting an error, so sorry if I don't give you everything you need to help me figure this out.

I am receiving a BSOD randomly as I use AnyDVD HD to burn images (mainly DVDs) to my system. This is annoying since I use my system for more than just making ISOs. I am tired of losing my work to this program. As calsdad stated, this never use to happen with my original version.

When it crashed today, I had Word, Winamp, and Firefox open. I am only using AnyDVD to make ISOs, no third party app.

I have attached both the AnyDVD and Window's event log files. Any assistance you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jerry

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.4.0_Info_H_Saul of Tarsus v2.1.zip
    285 KB · Views: 1
  • anydvd crash.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 5
No ISOs for DVDs w/ AnyDVD

I am receiving a BSOD randomly as I use AnyDVD HD to burn images (mainly DVDs) to my system. This is annoying since I use my system for more than just making ISOs.

1. Didn't you see the warning message? Do N O T use AnyDVD to create DVD ISOs - no support for what results. ;)

2. If you prefer to work with DVD ISOs then use ImgBurn, please. :agree:

3. The latest dmp zip file from c:/Windows/mini dump would be very helpful o please attach that here.

Thanks

I am receiving a BSOD randomly as I use AnyDVD HD to burn images (mainly DVDs) to my system. This is annoying since I use my system for more than just making ISOs. I am tired of losing my work to this program. As calsdad stated, this never use to happen with my original version.

That doesn't seem like an AnyDVD issue, as AnyDVD doesn't burn images. Only a burning program can do that. Have you tried using the burning program with the AnyDVD tray icon closed? You also might try completely uninstalling AnyDVD and seeing if the burning program crashes your system still. If not, it may be a conflict between AnyDVD and the burning program.

What burning program is it?

Cool! No one thought you were "making this up" - But know that your situation is unique - and usually the result of interaction with other software on a system.

-W

No, but it isn't helpful in the slightest when you come along early in a user's troubleshooting thread and declare "there isn't an issue, except for you." You have no idea how many people this may or may not affect, how "unique" it is, or how big an issue it may or may not be.

You have no idea how many people this may or may not affect, how "unique" it is, or how big an issue it may or may not be.

Of course I do... based on posting vs user numbers.
Not only that, but, almost every situation is unique to the host machine.
Now get off my leg Mr. PP.

-W

Back