• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 7.4.7.4 beta

James, can you make your s/w search within the program for the watermark routine whenever PowerDVD is lanched. No need to update for it then or for doggy changing updates.

We're already thinking about this (and are already doing this for other players).

Please post an Anydvd logfile from the non working version.
Bothe Karate Kid and Spider Man are not working with my version. :doh:

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.4.7.4_Info_D_AMAZING_SPIDERMAN.ziplog
    255.1 KB · Views: 5
  • AnyDVD_7.4.7.4_Info_D_THE_KARATE_KID.ziplog
    317.4 KB · Views: 1

You are correct, your version is indeed different and will not work, so this is the 3rd PowerDVD 14 build 4028 flavor. You can PM me your skydrive link. Thank you.

Good suggestion. The current color choice is .... questionable. ;)
My 2 cents but if you change one color, you should change the other color to keep them complementary. Red is the color of the Slysoft fox, so changing that makes sense. Purple and yellow might work.

Nice Cinavia fix by the way, thanks very much!

Last edited:
Cinavia fix

AnyDVD 7.4.7.4 Cinavia fix will certainly work with your PowerDVD 14 version.
If it doesn't, you can try to reboot your machine (shouldn't be needed, but sometimes helps to "clean things up")

Thanks James. Things are working normally and the icon is green during playback.

You are correct, your version is indeed different and will not work, so this is the 3rd PowerDVD 14 build 4028 flavor. You can PM me your skydrive link. Thank you.

I wonder if Cyberlink is putting out different versions of the 4028 build to try to thwart circumvention of Cinavia??? Seems strange that there have been different versions.

I wonder if Cyberlink is putting out different versions of the 4028 build to try to thwart circumvention of Cinavia??? Seems strange that there have been different versions.
I would say that's a "yes" :agree:
It's kind of lost cause on there part as long as we are able to make these different version of 4028 available to James _ what is the point ?

I would say that's a "yes" :agree:
It's kind of lost cause on there part as long as we are able to make these different version of 4028 available to James _ what is the point ?

All this nonsense from Cyberlink has made me look at an unlicensed player. Dowloaded iDeer Blu-Ray player. Threw 3 isos at it and it played them all perfectly with no Cinavia detection.

Slysoft should buy them and add this to their portfolio and develop it on, then no more Cinavia, no more Powerdvd. Think of the revenue potential with a player working in tandem with Anydvd, would knock the other players out of the market. Only 2d but what is 3d anyway?

Slysoft should buy them and add this to their portfolio and develop it on, then no more Cinavia, no more Powerdvd. Think of the revenue potential with a player working in tandem with Anydvd, would knock the other players out of the market. Only 2d but what is 3d anyway?

Actually they are working on one. It is called Slyplayer. But since it is being developed in conjunction with Slyce, there is no telling when it will be released.

Actually they are working on one. It is called Slyplayer. But since it is being developed in conjunction with Slyce, there is no telling when it will be released.

Yes I saw that, but 6 years in dev lead me to think it might be better (for Slysoft) to buy a product. Also Slyplayer is slated as freeware, I would pay for an alternative to PDVD no problem.

Can anybody explain to me how it is beneficial to Cyberlink to go out of their way to craft their products to play less films???

All this nonsense from Cyberlink has made me look at an unlicensed player. Dowloaded iDeer Blu-Ray player. Threw 3 isos at it and it played them all perfectly with no Cinavia detection.

The advantage of using a licensed player is that it always chooses the correct play list, that's the big one for me.
Free players or un-licensed players can have a real hard time with this, physically finding the correct play list can be difficult and I can't be bothered.

Also, free players have problems with seamless branching, like XBMC and Monsters University and Pompeii _ the rental store only had the 3D version, but the 2D version was on the same disc as well. XBMC chose the correct play list, but in the middle of the movie the audio would continue while the video would freeze, it became extremely annoying.
So I wondered what free player would handle these movies correctly _ I couldn't be bothered, I would rather deal with the occasional Cinavia problem the trying to get a free player to work.

I've spent more time in the past pissing around with free players and spoiling my movie night then having to deal with Cinavia or any thing other problems that come up with a licensed player.

Everything has its problems, but just from my experience licensed players require less maintenance.

Last edited:
The advantage of using a licensed player is that it always chooses the correct play list, that's the big one for me.
Free players or un-licensed players can have a real hard time with this, physically finding the correct play list can be difficult and I can't be bothered.

Also, free players have problems with seamless branching, like XBMC and Monsters University and Pompeii _ the rental store only had the 3D version, but the 2D version was on the same disc as well. XBMC chose the correct play list, but in the middle of the movie the audio would continue while the video would freeze, it became extremely annoying.
So I wondered what free player would handle these movies correctly _ I couldn't be bothered, I would rather deal with the occasional Cinavia problem the trying to get a free player to work.

I've spent more time in the past pissing around with free players and spoiling my movie night then having to deal with Cinavia or any thing other problems that come up with a licensed player.

Everything has its problems, but just from my experience licensed players require less maintenance.

Fair points Jeff.

Doesn't ANYDVD have to figure out the playlists though anyway?

Can anybody explain to me how it is beneficial to Cyberlink to go out of their way to craft their products to play less films???
It's not Cyberlink so much, it's the law. A licensed player is required to be Cinavia enabled, so they do their best to that end.
I simply believe that Cyberlink have more resources to thwart AnyDVD's Cinavia solution, as apposed to Arc Soft, for example.
I've never had Arcsoft keep changing the recipe with in a given version like Cyberlink, although I believe this to be a first for Cyberlink.

But really, who cares there are still very few Cinavia enabled discs and I've only come across three of them in collection.

It's not Cyberlink so much, it's the law. A licensed player is required to be Cinavia enabled, so they do their best to that end.
I simply believe that Cyberlink have more resources to thwart AnyDVD's Cinavia solution, as apposed to Arc Soft, for example.
I've never had Arcsoft keep changing the recipe with in a given version like Cyberlink, although I believe this to be a first for Cyberlink.

But really, who cares there are still very few Cinavia enabled discs and I've only come across three of them in collection.

I understand that it is part of the licence agreement with the Studios to detect Cinavia, but if I was Cyberlink I'd include it but I wouldn't bust a gut to make it better at reducing my potential market. When someone gets round it I'd be like "YES!" and then be out on the golf course whenever Sony called.

Fair points Jeff.

Doesn't ANYDVD have to figure out the playlists though anyway?
Yes it does, but sometimes it can't, for example if you use "Speed Menu" it can throw up 3 or 4 play lists all of the same length. They are all correct, but it doesn't tell you that different languages are contained in the different play lists. Only a licensed player can do this.
A good example of this is "Wreck It Ralph" _ two play lists were exactly the same and both were spoken English, but one had Spanish signs in it. The part where Felix was trapped in "NesQuick Sand" as the sign said, the other version had it spelled out in Spanish. Little things like that where a licensed player would have any problems choosing the correct play list.

Some discs are designed to throw up all sorts of false play lists, this is done on purpose because studios don't want you making copies of their movies, even if that copy is benign.
Companies that have licensed players will be given updates to deal with all these false playlists so they will correctly choose the right one, where as people who write un-licensed players are not given the same updates at all of course _ they have no license.

Last edited:
How does the freeware, un-licensed software player media player classic home cinema (MPC-HC) with no Cinavia stack-up against Powerdvd?

I have heard positive feedback from this software player better than XBMC.

I am not into software playback, I have enough pre Cinavia hardware players to last me a lifetime, but if I was into software playback with Powerdvd and they came out with three different versions of the same build number to keep Cinavia up and running I would be junking Powerdvd for another software player.

The corporation that side steps Cinavia on hardware players will be lighting their cigars with 100 dollar bills even if their lawyers will be keep very busy.:agree:

How does the freeware, un-licensed software player media player classic home cinema (MPC-HC) with no Cinavia stack-up against Powerdvd?

I have heard positive feedback from this software player better than XBMC.

I am not into software playback, I have enough pre Cinavia hardware players to last me a lifetime, but if I was into software playback with Powerdvd and they came out with three different versions of the same build number to keep Cinavia up and running I would be junking Powerdvd for another software player.

The corporation that side steps Cinavia on hardware players will be lighting their cigars with 100 dollar bills even if their lawyers will be keep very busy.:agree:

I'll try it that afternoon with "Ice Age Continental Drift" and let you know. Free players have problems with this disc, so we'll find out.

Are Dune players Cinavia enabled or Oppo ? I know Oppo was forced to drop their ISO playback from pressure from the studios, but I don't know if they're Cinavia enabled.

I'll answer my own questions, Oppo definitely is Cinavia enabled, Dune doesn't appear to be, or at least there was nothing in the online manual that had any mention of it.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Ice Age Continental Drift" seems to work fine.
"Monsters University" worked OK on the computer, the way to test that is to hook it up to the AVR and projector with the Dolby TrueHD track. The disc has seemless branching and many computers players and even stand-alones couldn't deal with this disc, not even OPPO.
That would take some time to test.

Last edited:
Is the fox icon supposed to turn green with TMT as well?

It does turn green when playing a Cinavia title (The Thing 2011) with PDVD 13 build 3919.58, but it stays red with TMT 6.7.1.199.

Tried with Elysium as well to rule out a one off and same behaviour (green with PDVD, red with TMT).

Last edited:
Back