• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 7.4.7.4 beta

Is the fox icon supposed to turn green with TMT as well?

It does turn green when playing a Cinavia title (The Thing 2011) with PDVD 13 build 3919.58, but it stays red with TMT 6.7.1.199.

Yes, it is supposed to turn green with TMT. But I discovered a little bug, where the icon may stay red, even if the fix is working.
Already fixed in the next AnyDVD version.

Yes, it is supposed to turn green with TMT. But I discovered a little bug, where the icon may stay red, even if the fix is working.
Already fixed in the next AnyDVD version.

Great thanks.

Forgot to say that the fix was working indeed, it's just the icon that remains red.

It's not Cyberlink so much, it's the law. A licensed player is required to be Cinavia enabled, so they do their best to that end.

I assume it is AACS putting pressure to the poor player manufactures. They can threaten them with "revoking their AACS license".

As long as you have AnyDVD, this is all a non issue.
I am using PowerDVD 10 (!!!!) which IMHO is still the best player for Blu-ray playback. It just works, with ReClock's help even with mutlichannel WASAPI exclusive sound and correct refresh rate change.
With AnyDVD's help it will continue to work forever. IMHO all PowerDVD versions after 10 suck one way or another (in 11 3D is halfway broken, all the newer versions install media servers and "agent" processes I don't need or want, and the most pathetic versions 13 & 14 can't even resume a non-Java based Blu-ray disc).

The only thing I miss is subtitle positioning, but Cyberlink didn't add this in 11, 12, 13 or 14, so I see no reason to upgrade. (TMT has it)

EDIT:
Another pretty nice (not completely bloated) player is actually WinDVD 11 pro.
I don't use it, because it doesn't work with ReClock and misses subtitle positioning, so I'm better off using PowerDVD 10 & some old TMT 5 version.
And I can't prevent it from starting playback if a disc is in the drive while I launch it.
But it is cheap and does the job quite well. It should be a good blu-ray player for most people.

Last edited:
Note: It might be humorous and it's picky on my part but have the systray icon turn violet instead of green when the Cinavia fix is working since the Cinavia logo is basically violet. ;-)

Upcoming version will have a violet / purple fox.

EDIT:
Another pretty nice (not completely bloated) player is actually WinDVD 11 pro.
I don't use it, because it doesn't work with ReClock and misses subtitle positioning, so I'm better off using PowerDVD 10 & some old TMT 5 version.
And I can't prevent it from starting playback if a disc is in the drive while I launch it.
But it is cheap and does the job quite well. It should be a good blu-ray player for most people.
Interesting about WinDVD Pro, the last time I tried that player, the frame interpolation feature on my projector didn't work that well with it, there were these little annoying micro jerks in the video, like something was affecting the flow of frames. It was extremely noticeable when the interpolation feature was enabled.
Maybe someday I'll try it again and see what happens.

Upcoming version will have a violet / purple fox.
Aww... I was hoping for a nice Blue of some sort _ purple is not my most favorite colour, but I suppose it's better then that somewhat sickly looking green.
If you make it the colour of the "Bowdown" `smiley, that would be OK, it looks sort of purple.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Last edited:
I am using PowerDVD 10 (!!!!) which IMHO is still the best player for Blu-ray playback.

Are you using any particular build of PowerDVD 10? I'm pretty sure I have an old OEM version that came with a drive. Might have to dig it out.

Aww... I was hoping for a nice Blue of some sort _ purple is not my most favorite colour, but I suppose it's better then that somewhat sickly looking green.
If you make it the colour of the "Bowdown" `smiley, that would be OK, it looks sort of purple.

It looks like James will have to create a dropdown box so we can all select the color we want!;)

Are you using any particular build of PowerDVD 10? I'm pretty sure I have an old OEM version that came with a drive. Might have to dig it out.

The retail version with the latest and final update (build 5816). I don't think you can use this to update an OEM version.

It looks like James will have to create a dropdown box so we can all select the color we want!;)
Yes I was thinking that as well :agree:, but I could just see the onslaught of questions about that feature _ change the colour for what _ what does it do and why _ what is it for, on and on... ???

Interesting about WinDVD Pro, the last time I tried that player, the frame interpolation feature on my projector didn't work that well with it, there were these little annoying micro jerks in the video, like something was affecting the flow of frames. It was extremely noticeable when the interpolation feature was enabled.
Maybe someday I'll try it again and see what happens.

That's odd. I don't see any reason, why the player should have any influence on your projector's frame interpolation. Maybe you need to adjust your refresh rate before starting playback. If you are good in writing command line scripts, you can use AnyDVD's undocumented frame rate detection to do this automatically.

AnyDVD stores the correct framerate in the registry HKLM\Software\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Status\Discs\<Drive Letter>\fps

which you can use.

Or there is an even more undocumented feature, where AnyDVD can launch a process (script?) and passes interesting information as arguments (fps, disc type, 3D or 2D) which can be used to autostart the player.

Or there is an even more undocumented feature, where AnyDVD can launch a process (script?) and passes interesting information as arguments (fps, disc type, 3D or 2D) which can be used to autostart the player.

To enable this feature, you need add a registry string "PlayerFilename" to HKCU\Software\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Settings with the filename of the script you want to start.
This script will be called on disc insertion and removal, so you can revert special "playback settings" when done.

That's odd. I don't see any reason, why the player should have any influence on your projector's frame interpolation. Maybe you need to adjust your refresh rate before starting playback. If you are good in writing command line scripts, you can use AnyDVD's undocumented frame rate detection to do this automatically.

AnyDVD stores the correct framerate in the registry HKLM\Software\SlySoft\AnyDVD\Status\Discs\<Drive Letter>\fps

which you can use.

I should have been more clear, it's not so much to do with refresh or frame rates, but more to do with how Windows Aero affects the player directly with its rendering method (hope that's correct), this thread I started here in the TMT forum explains it best, it's quite long though.
The problem in the thread also happened with WinDVD. With all it's downfalls, Power DVD14 works as long as one of the Aero themes is chosen, but if I go to one of those ugly high contrast themes, the micro jerkiness occurs in DVD14, the exact opposite happens in TMT6 (all versions)

http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11923&title=slight-video-jerkiness-in-windows-8-81

I should have been more clear, it's not so much to do with refresh or frame rates, but more to do with how Windows Aero affects the player directly with its rendering method (hope that's correct), this thread I started here in the TMT forum explains it best, it's quite long though.
The problem in the thread also happened with WinDVD. With all it's downfalls, Power DVD14 works as long as one of the Aero themes is chosen, but if I go to one of those ugly high contrast themes, the micro jerkiness occurs in DVD14, the exact opposite happens in TMT6 (all versions)

http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=11923&title=slight-video-jerkiness-in-windows-8-81

I see, I usually don't use Aero on my playback machine.

I see, I usually don't use Aero on my playback machine.
You don't have a choice in W8 or 8.1 when it comes to Aero, the only way that Aero can be turned off in 8/8.1 is to choose a high contrast theme (as far as I know).
The problem with a HCT is that many things don't display correctly in Explorer, not that I will be using that on my HTPC.

You don't have a choice in W8 or 8.1 when it comes to Aero, the only way that Aero can be turned off in 8/8.1 is to choose a high contrast theme (as far as I know).
The problem with a HCT is that many things don't display correctly in Explorer, not that I will be using that on my HTPC.
I thought Aero was dead in Win8. It certainly is on mine (Win8.1 x64 clean install)...

I thought Aero was dead in Win8. It certainly is on mine (Win8.1 x64 clean install)...
I guess it depends on your definition of what Aero is, I looked it up and in 8/8.1 the "Transparency" in Windows has been disabled, but just looking at it now (I'm on a W8.1 machine now), the task bar is transparent, so it hasn't been totally disabled.
With that said, Aero is running all the time, it's just changed a little, to turn it off, choose a "High Contrast" theme, and you'll see that the transparency in the task bar, all the pretty colours and the ability to change those colours are gone.
Many web sites in Explorer depend on Aero to make their pages look nice as well _ go to the home page at ArcSoft.com and you'll see this very nice high definition photo of a bird (or what ever they have, they keep changing it) in a high contrast them, the photo is totally gone.

It's the machine that runs Aero and what ever does the rendering to make it look pretty that affects the players on my platform.

Here's that forum post from TMT again that explains it best.

http://www.arcsoft.com/forum/forum_...&title=slight-video-jerkiness-in-windows-8-81

The first two and the last of my posts on page one, are the important ones.

Last edited:
Back