• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.7.2.0 Release

After installing the 6.7.2.0. release, I do NOT have the AnyDVD icon in my tray. Yes, I rebooted after the installation. Yes, I have a valid key. My Movies reports AnyDVD is installed, but not running.

After many upgrades, this is the first time I've had a problem like this.

Please advise...

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Same exact problem here and same OS.

I have no icon and I can't get the AnyDVDHD program to come up. I've rebooted and reinstalled. What is a little weird is that if I have a DVD in the drive and I click the AnyDVD shortcut icon, the only thing that happens is that My Movies pops up the movie box again from the tray.

There is a definite problem with this version of AnyDVD. I've never had a problem like this previously.

I'm going to try to find the previous version and install that.

I'm going to try to find the previous version and install that.

I couldn't get 6.7.2.0 to come up on Windows 7 64bit. I ended up uninstalling, rebooting, installing 6.7.1.0, rebooting, and now AnyDVD is working again.

Will stay on 6.7.1.0 and wait for the fix to come out... hopefully soon! :D

I have it installed on my laptop which is W7 64 bit, so, it's not some generic issue with that environment.

I have it installed on my laptop which is W7 64 bit, so, it's not some generic issue with that environment.

That's good to know. Seems like a number of people are having problems though so something must be up :)

That's good to know. Seems like a number of people are having problems though so something must be up :)

I agree that there is some issue going on, but, it's not W7 64 as I just updated my HTPC's, as well, and they're all good, too. No idea what could be causing it on your machines.

I agree that there is some issue going on, but, it's not W7 64 as I just updated my HTPC's, as well, and they're all good, too. No idea what could be causing it on your machines.

Are you running My Movies? I noticed at least one other person with issues was running My Movies and I am too. I have the My Movies client on the machine I'm having problems with.

No I am not. That could be your common issue. I don't know, but, it's a good start at least.

6.7.2.0 running fine for me on Win7 x64 as well. I'm also not running My Movies.

FYI, I gave some bad info above... I *thought* I had downloaded the previous version but I really didn't... the download link must have been pointing to SlySoft because I really downloaded 6.7.2.0. I found this out because after I got my tray icon back, it went away again and researching it I thought that maybe 6.7.2.0 didn't uninstall correctly and that is when I noticed that I was still running that version because it was the one I downloaded. Whoops.

Anyway, in my troubleshooting I was able to get AnyDVD 6.7.2.0 up and running briefly. While it was running I went to the settings area and noticed that most all of the check boxes were UNCHECKED except the option to "Hide tray icon" was checked... along with a couple others! I unchecked the hide option and then checked most of the others (like notification of updates, etc.) but they wouldn't stick. Once I hit OK and put a DVD in the drive, the icon went away. If I went back into the settings, they were all back to the way they were originally???

In addition to the above, this could definitely be related to My Movies because when I went to uninstall AnyDVD 6.7.2.0 I noticed that were were still two dll files in the AnyDVD folder. When I went to try to delete these as well (wanted a CLEAN install of 6.7.1.0 because I got the right file this time ;) ) I got a popup that it could not be deleted because it was in the My Movies Tray???

So, it looks like for whatever reason, 6.7.2.0 setting check marks are almost completel opposite (but not entirely) from what the 6.7.1.0 settings are. And, one of these two dll files in the AnyDVD folder has something to do with My Movies...

ADvdDiscHlp.dll
ADvdDiscHlp64.dll

Don't remember which one it was.

Hopefully this helps figure out what is going on :D

FYI, I gave some bad info above... I *thought* I had downloaded the previous version but I really didn't... the download link must have been pointing to SlySoft because I really downloaded 6.7.2.0. I found this out because after I got my tray icon back, it went away again and researching it I thought that maybe 6.7.2.0 didn't uninstall correctly and that is when I noticed that I was still running that version because it was the one I downloaded. Whoops.

Anyway, in my troubleshooting I was able to get AnyDVD 6.7.2.0 up and running briefly. While it was running I went to the settings area and noticed that most all of the check boxes were UNCHECKED except the option to "Hide tray icon" was checked... along with a couple others! I unchecked the hide option and then checked most of the others (like notification of updates, etc.) but they wouldn't stick. Once I hit OK and put a DVD in the drive, the icon went away. If I went back into the settings, they were all back to the way they were originally???

In addition to the above, this could definitely be related to My Movies because when I went to uninstall AnyDVD 6.7.2.0 I noticed that were were still two dll files in the AnyDVD folder. When I went to try to delete these as well (wanted a CLEAN install of 6.7.1.0 because I got the right file this time ;) ) I got a popup that it could not be deleted because it was in the My Movies Tray???

So, it looks like for whatever reason, 6.7.2.0 setting check marks are almost completel opposite (but not entirely) from what the 6.7.1.0 settings are. And, one of these two dll files in the AnyDVD folder has something to do with My Movies...

ADvdDiscHlp.dll
ADvdDiscHlp64.dll

Don't remember which one it was.

Hopefully this helps figure out what is going on :D

I believe MyMovies does some things it better shouldn't do...

Anyway, please try AnyDVD 6.7.2.1 beta:
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6721.exe

Does it work now?

10 to 1 My Movies is locking the dll when the update's being done. Kill all running My Movie processes, uninstall AnyDVD, and reinstall it. See what happens.

Or, you know, install James' new version or something. :)

I believe MyMovies does some things it better shouldn't do...

Anyway, please try AnyDVD 6.7.2.1 beta:
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6721.exe

Does it work now?

I saw the beta after I made my post :)

I have just installed the beta over 6.7.1.0 and restarted. I got the icon back immediately on reboot. When I stick a DVD in and AnyDVD completes the scan, My Movies pops up with the info on the DVD. If it was something having to do with My Movies, whatever was done in 6.7.2.0 seems to now be fixed in 6.7.2.1.

Thanks for the quick fix! I just noticed my registration date here is 2008. I have/had under 10 posts prior to today... that's because this program just "works" for me :D Anyway, thanks for great program and rapid response to issues! :clap:

:rock:

If you double-click the AnyDVD desktop icon, does the settings dialog open?

If there is not a DVD in one of the drives the settings dialog opens. If there is a DVD in a drive Windows Media Center opens.

Tom

Back