• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.6.3.5 beta

Most likely but I don't know for sure.

Well, if they need the physical disc they won't be able to crack it for at least two more weeks......I need to stop trolling this forum then like a junkie......:doh:

Well, if they need the physical disc they won't be able to crack it for at least two more weeks......I need to stop trolling this forum then like a junkie......:doh:

Yup. That's why I'm saying to have patience. This is normal. Every once in a while they make BD+ tougher and it takes SlySoft a bit of time to deal with it. I have no idea if that's the case here or if they're just busy, but, either way, they'll get out a new release as soon as they can I'm sure. In the meantime, follow my advice and make a protected ISO of it and watch the original with AnyDVD disabled for now. When AnyDVD gets updated, you'll be able to mount your protected ISO and it'll work just fine.

Ahh, why u ppl r so concerned. just wait for a week or so. Slysoft gonna kick DRM's ass. its just a beta version and hope the full update will be out pretty soon :D

From what I understand, this is a VERY big release. In any media product's entire lifetime (game, movie, DVD, Blu-Ray, whatever), the majority of the sales happen in the first 30 days of release, and most of that is in the first week.

That means that if SlySoft releases a version of AnyDVD that bypasses the protection of the Avatar Blu-Ray on the day of its release as opposed to seven or eight days after the day of its release, it is a VERY big deal for the copyright holders and represents millions and millions of dollars to them.

Believe me, many many eyes are watching slysoft.com and are holding their breath right now to see what will happen. It is entirely possible slysoft may even purposely wait some amount of time as a courtesy to the copyright holders, but that is completely unfounded speculation from a peon (the peon being me). ;)

Wandering very off topic, but if you are right that the studios are watching the here's my message.

I've cancelled all my pre-orders for up and coming movie releases. I'm totally fed up of paying "full price" (even with an Amazon discount) only to see the price fall often before I've had a chance to watch the film I've shelled out for.

From what I understand, this is a VERY big release. In any media product's entire lifetime (game, movie, DVD, Blu-Ray, whatever), the majority of the sales happen in the first 30 days of release, and most of that is in the first week.

That means that if SlySoft releases a version of AnyDVD that bypasses the protection of the Avatar Blu-Ray on the day of its release as opposed to seven or eight days after the day of its release, it is a VERY big deal for the copyright holders and represents millions and millions of dollars to them.

Believe me, many many eyes are watching slysoft.com and are holding their breath right now to see what will happen. It is entirely possible slysoft may even purposely wait some amount of time as a courtesy to the copyright holders, but that is completely unfounded speculation from a peon (the peon being me). ;)

While I agree with what you are saying in general, your post seems to make the assumption that Slysoft breaking the protection on Avatar would negatively impact sales. How, why??? At the barbershop I go to, i could get a copy of Avatar for 5 bucks and that was 2 months ago. It wasn't Bluray, but the quality wasn't that bad. It looked like avi or something. And it wasn't made off a shaky cam. It was made off a screener. I'm to much of a purist to get it at that quality, but for the regular viewer, that might be good enough.

The point i'm trying to make with all this is that those who have the "hookup" have been putting copies out on the street for a while now as has the overseas connections as well. So most of the "pirate" money has already been made. Granted AnyDVD HD might facilitate much better quality copies being found on torrent sites, but really, no ones making money off those and the copies that produced those rips had to be paid for by someone.

I'm just saying that by the time AnyDVD HD gets ahold of Avatar, the "pirate" horse is already out of the barn. AnyDVD HD is not going to impact that one bit.

Hey, can we expect the update in a week ? :p i am too much excited. please share if u have any info.

Hey, can we expect the update in a week ? :p i am too much excited. please share if u have any info.

Why do people keep asking such a stupid question? How on earth can they say how long it's going to take to crack something until it's cracked?

Why do people keep asking such a stupid question? How on earth can they say how long it's going to take to crack something until it's cracked?

because there retard, opps i mean retarded. lol

because there retard, opps i mean retarded. lol
Or maybe they don't understand the nature of the work. To make AnyDVD work, SlySoft has to reverse-engineer multiple types of DRM (CSS, RCE, structural protection, etc. for DVD; AACS & BD+ for Blu-ray) with ZERO input from the folks who developed them. Much of that kind of work is trial-and-error, especially with BD+ where parts of the protection scheme itself can be changed from time to time.

SlySoft could stumble across the solution tomorrow, 2 weeks from now, or (horror of horrors) 6 months from now; no one really knows. The guys working on it can't answer because (a) they don't know and (b) any time spent talking about it now could delay the solution, especially if they have to resort to brute-force or dictionary attacks--which shouldn't be necessary (it apparently wasn't needed to crack AACS, and it's known BD+ uses AACS keys to some extent), but you never know. Like Yogi (and Lenny Kravitz) said, it ain't over till it's over. :doh:

(Edit: I should also add that they can't even START cracking a new protection until a user gets a disc with it and reports it to SlySoft, usually via log files.)

Last edited:
Or maybe they don't understand the nature of the work. To make AnyDVD work, SlySoft has to reverse-engineer multiple types of DRM (CSS, RCE, structural protection, etc. for DVD; AACS & BD+ for Blu-ray) with ZERO input from the folks who developed them. Much of that kind of work is trial-and-error, especially with BD+ where parts of the protection scheme itself can be changed from time to time.

SlySoft could stumble across the solution tomorrow, 2 weeks from now, or (horror of horrors) 6 months from now; no one really knows. The guys working on it can't answer because (a) they don't know and (b) any time spent talking about it now could delay the solution, especially if they have to resort to brute-force or dictionary attacks--which shouldn't be necessary (it apparently wasn't needed to crack AACS, and it's known BD+ uses AACS keys to some extent), but you never know. Like Yogi (and Lenny Kravitz) said, it ain't over till it's over. :doh:

I think a lot of people understand that it's not something that's easy to do, but some people think that perhaps the current protection is not as exotic as in the past, that it's something that can be broken in a week. That's my take on it. I realize now that this protection is going to take a while. Might as well stop asking.

You can never state how long it's going to crack something which is why it's ridiculous to ask in the first place

I'm only going to say this. In the history of this forum, asking a when question on an AnyDVD update for a new protection has never gotten a valid answer, and most likely never will. The reason the running joke of February is out there is because of the annoyance of such stupid questions in the first place. When estimates have been given in the past, and then not met, people freaked out. Giving time frames on things is a losing battle for everyone involved. It doesn't change the amount of time it takes. Asking repeatedly does not make it go any faster. Some people will never understand or accept the "when it's done' answer. But, in this game, that IS the answer every single time. So it's better to sit patiently and wait, and be happy when it's finally done, then to sit and annoy people who know better with when questions. But hey, that's just my opinion.

insults are unneccessary.

Agreed. Plug, consider that a friendly warning. The next one won't be so friendly. Personal insults or attacks are not allowed on this forum.

I'm only going to say this. In the history of this forum, asking a when question on an AnyDVD update for a new protection has never gotten a valid answer, and most likely never will. The reason the running joke of February is out there is because of the annoyance of such stupid questions in the first place. When estimates have been given in the past, and then not met, people freaked out. Giving time frames on things is a losing battle for everyone involved. It doesn't change the amount of time it takes. Asking repeatedly does not make it go any faster. Some people will never understand or accept the "when it's done' answer. But, in this game, that IS the answer every single time. So it's better to sit patiently and wait, and be happy when it's finally done, then to sit and annoy people who know better with when questions. But hey, that's just my opinion.
+1 million. :clap:

Apologies :(
i am newb.
dunno nething abt this :|

just asked in anxiety and excitement.

It wasn't directed necessarily at you. Just a commentary in general. :)

Hy everyone. I´m new at this site and this is my first post, excuse my poor english but I´m spanish (from Spain) and I don´t have a better way to express myself.

I just wanted to say thanks to the SlySoft team for there effort trying to make things as good as possible with the proteccion keys. I´m sure that they´re working hard on Avatar BD right now. As I have read there are too many people impacient with these release and I understand that, but the way you tell things could throw your message into the trash as you do it.

Hope a new release of AnyDVD HD come soon with all solved, meanwhile enjoy the BD, just if you buy it. at least it´s now released !!!

Back