• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.6.1 beta

So my original question still stands.

I've already answered your question. The output from "rip video dvd to harddisk" is exactly the same as a full disc, uncompressed rip from Clonedvd (and Clonedvd rips faster). Clonedvd has the capacity to natively overcome some of these problems by simply allowing the user to use the O/S's file system instead of using it's internal I/O.

Last edited:
My question was whether or not the changes we see in the changelog for the AnyDVD ripper has been transferred over to CloneDVD. And if not, because CloneDVD and AnyDVD ripper share the same code, does this mean CloneDVD does not have the fixes for those problems?

My question was whether or not the changes we see in the changelog for the AnyDVD ripper has been transferred over to CloneDVD.

1) As you're aware Anydvd acts as Clonedvd's decrypter. Typically changes that affect Anydvd's output will also affect Clonedvd's output.

2) Due to "New: Added option to switch back to Windows filesystem for reading
from a Video DVD" in Clonedvd, in one instance you mentioned, the fix for Anydvd ripper was not required for Clonedvd

It still hasn't answered my question.

Could I perhaps ask one of the devs to answer this question please as only they will know the answer.

Thank you.

Could I perhaps ask one of the devs to answer this question please as only they will know the answer.

Thank you.
The "Last man standing" fix hasn't made it into CloneDVD yet. For this disc, CloneDVD needs to be set to use Windows filesystem.

2) Due to "New: Added option to switch back to Windows filesystem for reading
from a Video DVD" in Clonedvd, in one instance you mentioned, the fix for Anydvd ripper was not required for Clonedvd

Clonedvd's internal I/O produces similar output as Anydvd ripper. If the Windows file system option has to be selected in Clonedvd in order to handle a disc, then, logically, the "change[] we see in the changelog for the AnyDVD ripper has [not] been transferred over to CloneDVD". I already knew what James just posted.

The option already existed in Clonedvd to handle the disc; Anydvd ripper couldn't handle the disc without an update.

linx05 said:
I tend to think the AnyDVD Ripper, with all those changes is more powerful than CloneDVD at cleaning the files.

If you're now asking with this particular disc if using Anydvd ripper produces a "cleaner" rip than when using the Windows File System option in Clonedvd, I have absolutely no idea (especially since I haven't seen the output produced by both options).

Last edited:
Back