• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.6.1 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupAnyDVD6461.exe

Changes from the last release version:

6.4.6.1 2008 08 20
- New: Added ISO/UDF image file creation to AnyDVD ripper
- New (Blu-ray & HD DVD): ISO/UDF images can be created with or without
copy protection. Images can be mounted with Virtual CloneDrive(tm),
available at http://www.slysoft.com
WARNING: AnyDVD can remove the protection from protected images.
Protected images are useless, if AnyDVD is not installed and running!
- Fix (DVD): AI scanner made a mistake with "The Eye", Region 2, DK
- Some minor fixes and improvements
- Updated languages

James great option to rip to iso would it be possible to have destination file name default to disc name?

Heh, well I tried.

Your post leads me to my next question, all those changes you see in the AnyDVD Ripper to help clean the ripped DVD, are they then transferred over to CloneDVD? I tend to think the AnyDVD Ripper, with all those changes is more powerful than CloneDVD at cleaning the files.

Am I right or wrong?

I tend to think the AnyDVD Ripper, with all those changes is more powerful than CloneDVD at cleaning the files.

No. The output from "rip video dvd to harddisk" is exactly the same as a full disc, uncompressed rip from Clonedvd (and Clonedvd rips faster).

Heh, well I tried.

Your post leads me to my next question, all those changes you see in the AnyDVD Ripper to help clean the ripped DVD, are they then transferred over to CloneDVD? I tend to think the AnyDVD Ripper, with all those changes is more powerful than CloneDVD at cleaning the files.

Am I right or wrong?

Quite the opposite. CloneDVD is far more capable than the AnyDVD Ripper. AnyDVD was never designed as a ripper. The functionality was "borrowed" as a subset of what CloneDVD can do. You REALLY want to use CloneDVD as your ripper for SD discs.

I'm reading the change log for AnyDVD and there are a few entries which have fixes or improvements for the AnyDVD Ripper. That's what I am talking about.

As I said, are these fixes and improvements shared with the CloneDVD code? Or does it just stay with AnyDVD?

I'm reading the change log for AnyDVD and there are a few entries which have fixes or improvements for the AnyDVD Ripper. That's what I am talking about.

As I said, are these fixes and improvements shared with the CloneDVD code? Or does it just stay with AnyDVD?

You still misunderstand. The CloneDVD code has ALWAYS been FAR superior to what has been included in AnyDVD. The "fixes and improvements" to the AnyDVD ripper are for ISO reading mode, not for file mode. The AnyDVD Ripper has been, and always will be, a very small subset of the CloneDVD code. It was put there to satisfy the DVD Shrink crowd originally. Slysoft has always said to use CloneDVD as a ripper. It uses faster disc access and gives you much more control over stream selection. The improvements to the AnyDVD Ripper function do not affect file ripping mode at all. CloneDVD is still superior there in terms of features and speed. What I'm saying is, these improvements aren't necessary for CloneDVD as it was already "improved" to begin with. The only difference would be if they added the ability to keep the layer break in ISO creation mode. Then it would have an ability that CloneDVD does not. And if they do allow that some day, then I would imagine that'd also be added to CloneDVD but I wouldn't guarantee it. Anyway, I hope this helps clear up the confusion. The improvements are for the ISO mode only, and file mode is still not as powerful as CloneDVD.

SamuriHL, the ISO reading mode was only just added. I am talking about all the other changes, like these:

- Fix (DVD): AnyDVD ripper did not repair some mastering errors correctly,
e.g., "Last Man Standing", US, Region 1
- Fix (DVD): AnyDVD ripper did not repair some mastering errors correctly,
e.g., "Rumble in the Bronx", US, Region 1
- Fix (DVD): AnyDVD ripper estimated wrong output size with FluxDVD protected
DVDs, e.g. "Curse of the Golden Flower", UK
These are just some examples I pulled from the AnyDVD change log. I don't have the time to cross examine the changelog from both AnyDVD and CloneDVD, but some changes have occured in AnyDVD after the last CloneDVD update.

So my original question still stands. I have been wondering about the answer to this question for a while so I would be very grateful if somebody could answer it please.

SamuriHL, the ISO reading mode was only just added. I am talking about all the other changes, like these:

These are just some examples I pulled from the AnyDVD change log. I don't have the time to cross examine the changelog from both AnyDVD and CloneDVD, but some changes have occured in AnyDVD after the last CloneDVD update.

So my original question still stands. I have been wondering about the answer to this question for a while so I would be very grateful if somebody could answer it please.

Ah, I see. My mistake. I thought you were referring to the recent changes with regard to the addition of the ISO mode. Sorry.

Back