• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.4.0.0

Thanks it makes sense now.

This of it this way. You mentioned how it makes sense for VC1, right? Well, the Xbox 360 can stream "HD" videos over the XBL network. These are typically 720p and range in size from 1gig to 7gigs. They don't come close to VC1 on HD DVD or Blu-ray, either. Again, the bitrate allows them to keep the size down, but, the quality suffers as a result. This is also why cable company's "HD" sucks compared to Blu-ray. BD and HD DVD will give you by far the best picture quality I've yet to see on my tv.

I am sorry, but I can't reveal much information about how BD+ works. We are the only ones able to circumvent BD+ (and AACS v4) and we want to keep it this way... at least for a while.
I completely understand, and I only think it is fair!

You deserve it, and I hope the AnyDVD HD sales will boost based on this news :D :D

I am sorry, but I can't reveal much information about how BD+ works. We are the only ones able to circumvent BD+ (and AACS v4) and we want to keep it this way... at least for a while.

Wait a minute! You and this guy!

http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=96567&postcount=51

@peer

When you see the disc, you will notice how easy it will be to update anydvd for Hitman Bluray.

You guys did very well, only 3 months after we removed it internally.
The hitman command set update is easy.

Great work and keep it up.

An old friend from the past.
(Due to federal restraints we are no longer allowed to share our findings...)

Just out of curiocity, you say you had held off releasing the BD+ crack until after the format war was over... so did the previous versions of anydvd contain the BD+ removal code but just the option was hidden from the interface?

I completely understand, and I only think it is fair!

You deserve it, and I hope the AnyDVD HD sales will boost based on this news :D :D
I wish... but I doubt it. Blu-ray's market share is almost nothing compared to standard DVD.

Just out of curiocity, you say you had held off releasing the BD+ crack until after the format war was over... so did the previous versions of anydvd contain the BD+ removal code but just the option was hidden from the interface?

I believe Peer's quote in the press release is a little misleading. He should comment it himself, but as he's not around at the moment...

What he probably meant, was "not knowing if Blu would really be the winner of the war, we couldn't afford putting all of our resources (=money) into the BD+ crack"
Imagine you waste a pile of money into cracking BD+ and Fox & Warner choose HD DVD (it was very close that they did). Same for BD region code removal, or other BD features known from the HD DVD part of AnyDVD HD.

SlySoft, being a HD-DVD supporter (as it *is/was* the more consumer friendly format) only supported Blu-ray "because we had to".

With Blu being the winner of the war, our focus shifts.

OTOH ... if we had the BD+ crack 4 months ago - maybe the format war would have a different winner? We'll never know.

OTOH ... if we had the BD+ crack 4 months ago - maybe the format war would have a different winner? We'll never know.

I think it was a factor, but I also think $$$ was the bigger factor. If the studios that defected to BD really cared that much about BD+, they'd probably be using already.

Well ive always been a supporter of blu-ray for the e-penis reason (25 > 15), the fact that i couldnt buy a hd-dvd burner didnt help either, and since the protections of BR have now been cracked i am glad BR won the war.

HD-DVD may have been more "consumer friendly" in the short term, but blu-ray is the best long term solution.
It wont be long until the chineese start making cheap region free no HDCP blu-ray players, then all the problems will be solved.

It wont be long until the chineese start making cheap region free no HDCP blu-ray players, then all the problems will be solved.

With HD DVD this might have happened. With Blu? I don't think it ever will.

The BDA is actively blocking chinese mfg's from making cheap blu-ray players in order to keep prices artificially high. It's stupid and will backfire. I've said on another forum that I believe that the BDA feels that because they won the war, and demand will obviously increase, that they can capitalize on that and make tons of money by RAISING prices instead of lowering them like they should. I called it the second round of early adopters. So anyone believing they'll see a player below 299 USD this year is kidding themselves unless it's a profile 1.1 only player and then only at the end of the year as they try to get them off the shelves.

With Blu being the winner of the war, our focus shifts.

Would it be possible if part of that focus shift could get 6.4.0.0 working properly with WinDVD 9 Plus when utilizing a Blu-ray title. WinDVD 9 Plus refuses to play a Blu-ray title with 6.4.0.0 but works fine with HD-DVD titles. ;)

I wish... but I doubt it. Blu-ray's market share is almost nothing compared to standard DVD.
I hope you can get on the frontpage of Slashdot then. That should be pretty good PR =)

You guys must have the most rewarding job in the world!

I couldn't imagine a world would without you =)

WinDVD 9 Plus refuses to play a Blu-ray title with 6.4.0.0 but works fine with HD-DVD titles.

WinDVD BD for VAIO (it's version 8.) doesn't play BDs with AnyDVD enabled either. I don't care much as I prefer PowerDVD, but it would be better if it works, I think.

Would it be possible if part of that focus shift could get 6.4.0.0 working properly with WinDVD 9 Plus when utilizing a Blu-ray title. WinDVD 9 Plus refuses to play a Blu-ray title with 6.4.0.0 but works fine with HD-DVD titles. ;)

Most certainly, as it should finally be possible to *buy* the program without the need to jump through loopholes.

WinDVD BD for VAIO (it's version 8.) doesn't play BDs with AnyDVD enabled either. I don't care much as I prefer PowerDVD, but it would be better if it works, I think.
Haven't MPlayer come pretty far in supporting playing high def video and audio?

I really didn't want to buy a VAIO to fix this. With WinDVD9 plus pro whatever available as a retail product, I can finally *buy* it. ;)

Yes, and it looks promising, but IMHO it is miles away from being usable.

Isn't MPlayer just yet another DirectShow player, e.g. it can only play .m2ts and .evo files (not BD or HD DVD as a whole), and you have to have codecs installed. Windows Media Player or Media Player Classic can also play HD files if you have Haali Media Splitter installed and codecs. On my machine, PowerDVD provides video decoders, and WinDVD BD for VAIO - audio.

So does this mean we can rip the BD+ titles and use the latest version of PowerDVD to play them since it will pass the encryption test ok?

Back