• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD (HD) 6.1.8.2 beta

They're outselling HD-DVD based on the PS3. It does not mean people are buying more BD movies than HD-DVD. You can also say that HD-DVD is out renting BD movies. We can go on and on... BD sells more this month, next month HD-DVD.

We purchase AnyDVD for backup and be able to view without having HDCP compliance equipment. I think it's fair that we're able to back up our DUMBO DVD, because our nephew DESTROYS it after watching it over a million times :)

Since it's easier to break AACS on HD-DVD, we should concentrate on HD-DVD. May be Slysoft should charge more for BD support. With more money, Slysoft can hire more programmers to break the extra protection in BD. Everyone will be happy except for the people paying extra. :) Or take a stand and support only HD-DVD. The consequences - More people will buy HD-DVD because they can make a backup or watch without having HDCP gear. Since people can't do the same in BD, people would stop buying it and the studios will stop supporting it also.

HD-DVD also sucks! It's been two years and no $200 burner for the PC?

All manufactures, remove all the HDCP crap and release an inexpensive drive so that I can store my high def. recorded movies of my kids. Make it easy to share my movies with my other family members. If I can't play a "studio" movies with the drive, fine. More money save for me!

I am also pissed with the cable/satellite companies too... Why do I need to pay extra for high def channels full of crap. Why do I have to pay extra for a "box" in each room. They can K.M.A. I'll turn off the tube and go fly a kite with my kids. If I want to watch TV, I'll watch international TV on the NET.

Nice rant ... I liked it (though the presumption that the people backing up hddvd or blu-ray have any impact on sales at all can't be correct, right?)

I was wondering about the username, but I am no longer. :D

Personally I think they release the info to boost sales on both sides. Reading some of the trade articles on High Def, standard DVD still out sells both 100 to 1. :)

I like both version of High Def (give people choices). I just don't like the HDCP crap that's comes with both versions. People should be pissed and raised hell on this crap. Just think if you want to build a new home theater, you better make sure not only your projector/LCD/plasma/receivers/etc are HDCP compliance, but your wall jacks/extenders/etc are also HDCP compliance. We pay more, they make more. When is it enough?

If they have it their way, there's a guy with black suit and sun glasses that comes with every high def movie. If he sees AnyDVD on your PC, he immediately slaps you in the back of your head and turn off your equipment????

If you read their agreement, you're a thief immediately when you purchase the movie.

That's certainly not fair. BD is out selling HD-DVD right now.

BD is only outselling in the sense of BD compatible players - basically the PS3. HD-DVD is outselling in terms of physical media and standalone players (bought specifically for the intent of watching HD movies). Most people with a PS3 bought it for the games, so tend to buy games, possibly the occasional action box office hit movie, without the PS3 there would be no BD.
This is what market analysis has shown, it is not my personal opinion.

Like it or not BD is here to stay. I don't like Sony and I don't like Fox, but it is either boycott their products or accept the inevitable-if you can't beat them join them philosphy probably applies here (at least to some degree). I look forward to the day slysoft comes up with a fix for BD+, and any other encryption crap that these companies try and institute-user rights are being infringed upon. However, there is no way that "we" can beat these companies-there are just too few of us. I am sure "We" probably represent less than 1% of the total viewing population-most people don't have the ambition, know how, or hardware to do what we are doing. Most people go buy a movie and that is it. The best we can do is post feedback on forums and try to work around whatever is thrown at us.

Like it or not BD is here to stay. I don't like Sony and I don't like Fox, but it is either boycott their products or accept the inevitable-if you can't beat them join them philosphy probably applies here (at least to some degree). I look forward to the day slysoft comes up with a fix for BD+, and any other encryption crap that these companies try and institute-user rights are being infringed upon. However, there is no way that "we" can beat these companies-there are just too few of us. I am sure "We" probably represent less than 1% of the total viewing population-most people don't have the ambition, know how, or hardware to do what we are doing. Most people go buy a movie and that is it. The best we can do is post feedback on forums and try to work around whatever is thrown at us.

I agree! These companies are not going to stop unless the government makes them stop. They will keep pushing DRM till not one person can make a copy of there discs. Getting around there DRM to enjoy the movies I purchased was the last straw in the hat! I couldnt enjoy DTS-HD Master Audio on my PS3 because its an OPTIONAL codec. There isnt much out there that can decode DTS-HD MA and I own 3 BDs that have it. After I realized that the PS3 wasn't going to be doing DTS-HD anytime soon (about a month ago I accepted this fate) I decided to back them up to my PC, since I dont have a BD-ROM drive and I refuse to spend any more money on BD (PS3 was $600+). I actually own a legit copy of Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra (Got it for XMAS in 06) and I am now able to enjoy what I truely paid for, no thanks to Fox! Aside the fact that I am completley unhappy with BD and how it is being not only pushed, but priced. I personally prefer HD-DVD, its good enough for the everyday consumer and so long as the studio puts it on the disc, you can still have a Lossless track. At the end of the day, it comes down to nitpicking about specs between both formats. I am not going to nitpick and I am done playing games with BD. Any movies I want that are exclusive to that format, well, Im just A/O.

-dad :mad:

Back