• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD DVD rips processed with handbrake on Plex

Yea no question on that. I have it running on my synology NAS and use it quite a bit. Though I just rebuilt my non-working HTPC so I'm using it less now that I have a 3080 for upscaling. :)

I could run it off my NAS but I use a dedicated PC because I use a tuner card with an antenna and I transcode a good bit.

Well I had my plex server running off my old HTPC and it worked great. I decided to keep this new machine dedicated to gaming and HTPC ONLY. It doesn't even have optical drives. :)

Well I had my plex server running off my old HTPC and it worked great. I decided to keep this new machine dedicated to gaming and HTPC ONLY. It doesn't even have optical drives. :)

That's kinda funny. I do my processing on my main machine (the gaming rig) and Plex just sits there serving up stuff from the NAS.

I run my Plex app on Roku's. This happens on all of them it seems.

When I encode I always put at least 2 streams of audio. In this case AC3 to AAC stereo and then AC3 passed through.

It's just odd I can play it from beginning and its fine but a pause and come back later will hose up the screen ratio.

Did I get that right? You have the same stream in AC3 and AAC in that MKV ?:confused:

Because he has devices that don't support AC3. This allows him to play them without transcoding the audio.

Because he has devices that don't support AC3. This allows him to play them without transcoding the audio.

Correct, the AAC is for my stereo TVs and the pass-through AC3 is for my main TV which has a receiver on it that can decode whatever.

So I swapped to 264 and it works fine now. So either it has something to do with Plex and 265 (as it relates to a DVD rip) OR the Roku Plex update that just came out solved it. I do believe it's the former and not the latter.

Back