• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

anydvd crashes when a blu-ray is not recognized

Michael Schroeter

anydvd crashes when a blu-ray disc is not ready loaded, probably a malfunction disc.

at first i thought it was a bug with virtualbox, but there are no bugs with other media.

the error also occurs with a real windows installation.

the faulty blu-ray is not recognized, the drive does not show a title and reports no disc.

i'm using linux mint 21.1 vera 64-bit, virtualbox 6.1.42, windows 7 ultimate (virtual and not virtual).

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto zu 2023-01-25 17-14-19.png
    Bildschirmfoto zu 2023-01-25 17-14-19.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 7
  • AnyDVD_8.6.3.0_dump.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 2
It would be easier for me, if you post a dumpfile from AnyDVD 8.6.3.1.
Which Blu-ray disc is this? (title, country, ean number if possible, Amazon purchase link?)

also, this is in the dvd section. Not bluray

Which Blu-ray disc is this? (title, country, ean number if possible, Amazon purchase link?)
by the way, in the thread where version 8.6.3.1. the user for whom it was created is found, asking if the specific blu.ray disc is dead, it has not been answered yet, it has been a long time THANK YOU

by the way, in the thread where version 8.6.3.1. the user for whom it was created is found, asking if the specific blu.ray disc is dead, it has not been answered yet, it has been a long time THANK YOU
@Lukas do you have a link to that thead? I am too stupid to use the forum search.

Oh dear, I simply forgot to release it as a beta. :banghead:

Oh dear, I simply forgot to release it as a beta. :banghead:
you didn't intend to release it as a beta, that version was released for a specific user so that he could rip his blu-ray, but that version probably didn't help him, since then no ANYDVD update has been released

you didn't intend to release it as a beta, that version was released for a specific user so that he could rip his blu-ray, but that version probably didn't help him, since then no ANYDVD update has been released
It did help with the first problem (copy protection), but not with the second (defective disc). ;)

The blu-ray is named Die Superbullen, Germany, ean 4011976319580, amazon asin: ‎ B004HYGHN4
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1543252/

I've updated the drives firmware (PIONEER BDR-S12UHT FW1.03EU). With Linux Mint the disk is recognized and mounted but I haven't been able to watch the film yet. With Windows the disc does not load - the same with a panasonic blu-ray player for home entertainment.

sorry for the post in the wrong section.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.3.1_dump.zip
    10.2 MB · Views: 3
the faulty blu-ray is not recognized, the drive does not show a title and reports no disc.
Does this happen without AnyDVD running? In this case, it is a defective disc. AnyDVD should not crash, but fixing this won't help you in this case.

Does this happen without AnyDVD running? In this case, it is a defective disc. AnyDVD should not crash, but fixing this won't help you in this case.
Yes, if AnyDVD is disabled, the blu-ray is not recognized by the drive from pc and also by a standalone blu-ray player. I think there is a mistake by production. I bought (in 2013) and rented the same disc, because my own one doesn't work. But there are no differences between both.

Back