• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.5.5.5 Neil Young Archives Blu-Ray BD-Live

Hello. Again, I'll post full details later. For now, you can use tsremuxer to get the DTS file and eac3to to convert it to whichever format you prefer, although this only works with TMT2/3.

Great, thanks again. There's a great GUI for those two programs, Clown BD. You can output the unconverted 192/24 DTS HD signal, downsample it to DTS 96/24 or convert it to AC3. Nice.

HOwever, it seems that you have to rename the decrypted .m2t extension to .m2ts or those programs do not seem to recognize the file.

Hello. Here's a complete guide for everybody, assuming you want to know the guts of everything. Couple o' things:

1)I haven't updated the guide to cover TMT3, which can now support DTS decoding via some trickery. There's a guide here.
2)I don't think all the TMT2 steps are strictly necessary but it automates the filter registration. I'll revise all that later on my own time.
3)It doesn't cover Clown BD, which I didn't know about but will have to use from now on. :)
4)The guide's written for BRDR, not AnyDVD HD, although I much prefer the latter. ;)

Enjoy.

-------------
---WHAT YOU NEED---
-TotalMedia Theatre v2.105 + various patches (demo expires after 30 days, and finding older versions will require creative online searching)
-Blu-Ray Disc Ripper v1.5
-aacskeys v0.4.0a
-dumpvid v0.4 OR patched firmware for your BD drive + low-level communication program (e.g., sg3_raw, PLscsi, etc.)
-eac3to v3.15
-tsRemuxeR v1.9.9
-AnyDVD HD v6.5.4.4 (optional, not free)

---DISC DECRYPTION IN GENERAL---
1)Insert disc into BD drive.
2a)If your drive's patched and can dump the VID, get the VID using appropriate low-level commands. You may have to use Linux for this step, seeing as how I could never get PLscsi (Windows program) to play nice and the original instructions assumed one was using Linux's sg3_raw utility anyway.
2b)If your drive isn't patched or is patched but won't cooperate, start dumpvid, force BD behavior and use a 10 ms delay. Then, fire up TMT. If you're lucky - and you should be - dumpvid will obtain the VID a couple of seconds after TMT starts. If this doesn't work, restart TMT and keep trying.
3)Feed the VID into aacskeys. Be sure aacskeys has the MKBv10 key or aacskeys will fail. (aacskeys should already have it.) With MKBv10, aacskeys will give back the disc's VUK.
4)Fire up Blu-Ray Disc Ripper. Tell it to use the VUK to decrypt the disc contents and save them on your hard drive.
5a)Start tsRemuxeR. Sort the disc's decrypted M2TS files by size and dump the largest ones into the program. Save the A/V materials as desired.
5b)For the Archives, find the files that contain only 24 bit, 192 kHz PCM files and demux all of them. They'll be saved as WAV files. There are some M2TS files with 16/24-bit, 48 kHz PCM files but they're mostly interviews and such. There are also 24/96 files but they're just downsamples of the 24/192 files and can be safely ignored. :)

If you're lazy or just want to make sure you have the most bulletproof tool available, just pop in the disc and run AnyDVD HD to decrypt the disc with a couple of clicks. You will, however, need at least the VUKs for the BD-Live decryption.

---BD-LIVE DOWNLOADS---
1)Play the disc using TMT and download the BD-Live content. (You'll be notified when the disc first plays if anything new is available.) Exit the player after downloading is complete.
2a)Fire up BRDR. Give it one of the VUKs from one of the BD-J enabled discs (all but 3, 5, 7 or 9) you're using to ecrypt the material. For the destination, use the disc (encrypted or decrypted) or a dummy (see step 2b) as the destination folder. The BD-Live folder should be the default directory where any material is downloaded (e.g., "DT BDJ" for TMT). Finally, take the file you wish to decrypt and place it in one of the "ad0X" subdirectories under the original BD-Live directory (but not the ones under the "updates" subdirectory). I recommend placing it in the directory matching the VUK you're using (e.g., "ad00" if using the Disc 0 VUK) but this may not be necessary. Anyway, you should be good to go now.
2b)If you don't have the disc handy or just want to do something different, copy the "ANY!" and "CERTIFICATE" folders from a BD-J enabled disc into any subdirectory on the drive and rename "ANY!" to "AACS". In the same folder where the two folders were copied, create a folder called "BDMV" but leave it empty. You should now have three folder with ~8 MB of data altogether. This is good enough to get BRDR working without the disc. In all likelihood, if you use this method, you'll have to use the VUK for the disc you copied.
3)Change the decrypted M2T file's extension to M2TS.
4)In TsRemuxeR, open the decrypted BD-Live M2TS file and demux the contents. The H.264 file can be deleted - or not demuxed in the first place - but the DTS file must be kept.
5a)Tell eac3to to convert the decrypted BD-Live DTS file to WAV/FLAC/MP3/whatever you prefer.
5b)Getting eac3to to recognize TMT's DTS filters is a real pain. My purchased version wasn't initially recognized by eac3to. I had to uninstall my purchased version of TMT, hand scrub the system & registry, install an old demo version of TMT (v2.105), patch the demo to v2.120, install my purchased version and finally install the newest patch.

---CONVERTING THE AUDIO---
1)Convert as necessary. The entire audio set is ~16.4 GB when saved as FLACs, although this will change as more BD-Live downloads are added. (As of 2009/09/16, there are three downloads available.)
2)Relax and play the music as you see fit. Kudos to Neil and his team for a first-rate mastering job. 24/192 audio sure sounds sweet with good headphones.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
Great guide. Using AnyDVD and Clown BD would make things somewhat simpler. Getting the VUK is the most annoying part for sure.

Didn't know the other BD-Live stuff was available for a couple of hours a while ago. Do you know if that stuff was actually downloaded by some lucky soul?

Back