• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AnyDVD 6.5.5.5 Neil Young Archives Blu-Ray BD-Live

dabl

Neil Young Archives Vol 1 Blu-Ray BD-Live downloaded content won't play with AnyDVD 6.5.5.5 active regardless of the 'Disable BD-Live' setting.

With 'Disable BD-Live' on the downloaded content is invisible, which I'm guessing is probably expected.....

Further to the 'won't play' behavior, there is simply a black screen which eventually exits and one is returned to the menu ('timeline') on the disc.

This was with disc '0' in the 10 disc set.

Last edited:
re: previous post, attached is a log

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.5.5_Info_Y_NYA VOL 1 DISC 0 EARLY YEARS 1.zip
    254.6 KB · Views: 12
Neil Young Archives Vol 1 Blu-Ray BD-Live downloaded content won't play with AnyDVD 6.5.5.5 active regardless of the 'Disable BD-Live' setting.

Using what program and version number?

I might be wrong, but does AnyDVD HD decrypt BD-live downloaded content? That may be why it's not playing. I'm assuming that if you disable AnyDVD HD then it does play the downloaded content.
You may also want to manually set the region code for the disc as AnyDVD HD can't work it out for itself

Hello. I have to get to work and can't provide a definitive answer right now but this issue did come up at Thrasher's Wheat about a week ago. Look through the Archives threads from the last week or so and you should see the answer. I think what's happening is the content's downloaded but the disc is still required to connect to a server in order to know that the content should be added to the Timeline. In any event, I've never had any issues w/ the set and AnyDVD. (I use TotalMedia Theatre 2, for the record.)

Don't worry, the content can be accessed, decrypted and decoded with the right tools. :) It's a pain in the neck and I don't know if there are any more tricks up Neil's sleeve but I had the first download decrypted a month ago when the preview disc (a full copy of Disc 00) arrived at my place. Unfortunately, this is one area where AnyDVD can't help (yet), so you'll have to resort to other means to decrypt and decode the audio. Good luck!

Last edited:
Using what program and version number?

Arcsoft v2 patch .130

As I mentioned though it's AnyDVD that's preventing the playback of the downloaded material regardless of the player.

Hello. I have to get to work and can't provide a definitive answer right now but this issue did come up at Thrasher's Wheat about a week ago. Look through the Archives threads from the last week or so and you should see the answer.!

Thanks. A lot of chatter there to sift through but as far as I can see the (current) answer is to simply disable AnyDVD.

I think what's happening is the content's downloaded but the disc is still required to connect to a server in order to know that the content should be added to the Timeline.

Yes, the associated Archives disc must be present in a drive for the BD-Live downloads to appear on the timeline. That's not my issue.

In any event, I've never had any issues w/ the set and AnyDVD. (I use TotalMedia Theatre 2, for the record.).

So you're saying you can have AnyDVD active, an Archives blu-ray disc in a drive, and play downloaded BD-Live content from that disc? That would definitely be different behavior than I'm seeing.

Don't worry, the content can be accessed, decrypted and decoded with the right tools. :) It's a pain in the neck and I don't know if there are any more tricks up Neil's sleeve but I had the first download decrypted a month ago when the preview disc (a full copy of Disc 00) arrived at my place. Unfortunately, this is one area where AnyDVD can't help (yet), so you'll have to resort to other means to decrypt and decode the audio. Good luck.)

Thanks, yeah that's a whole other discussion. I'm sure that can be done with the usual tools/methods http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?p=13962413

Since I actually own the set, I'd simply prefer to not have to disable AnyDVD to run it, though admittedly that is a pretty minor nit.

I was thinking perhaps Slysoft would consider decrypting the BD-Live downloads for these discs a challenge of sorts to rise to, else some other trick to eliminate the need to disable their application for this particular title etc.

With 'Disable BD-Live' on the downloaded content is invisible, which I'm guessing is probably expected.....

Further to the 'won't play' behavior, there is simply a black screen which eventually exits and one is returned to the menu ('timeline') on the disc.

This was with disc '0' in the 10 disc set.

Maybe this can help?
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=23897

I might be wrong, but does AnyDVD HD decrypt BD-live downloaded content? That may be why it's not playing. I'm assuming that if you disable AnyDVD HD then it does play the downloaded content.
You may also want to manually set the region code for the disc as AnyDVD HD can't work it out for itself

Thanks. For what it's worth the set isn't region coded.

Thanks. A lot of chatter there to sift through but as far as I can see the (current) answer is to simply disable AnyDVD.

More or less, although the suggestion James made after your post may very well work too. I'm too lazy to try since this is a region-free release. ;) That and I just spent way too long making FLACs out of all the audio.

So you're saying you can have AnyDVD active, an Archives blu-ray disc in a drive, and play downloaded BD-Live content from that disc? That would definitely be different behavior than I'm seeing.

Sorry! I made a mistake. I thought it had been active when I played it a couple of times. I was wrong. When active, the screen's blank when trying to play it. Eventually, the 45 adapter reappears and I'm kicked back out to the timeline. This is with BD-Live enabled. Oh well.

(By the way, I found the post mentioning the need for BD-Live to play the downloads. It's here.)

I was thinking perhaps Slysoft would consider decrypting the BD-Live downloads for these discs a challenge of sorts to rise to, else some other trick to eliminate the need to disable their application for this particular title etc.

Yeah, I was a bit disappointed when I realized I had to do it myself but I'm sure Slysoft has reasons for not doing it. C'est la vie.

Last edited:
I have the BR edition and the ripped discs play fine with TMT 3. PowerDVD 9 and Corel WinDVD are a no-go. Will try PowerDVD 7 soon as it allows to play BR from folders -you can't do that with version 9.

Anyway, I downloaded "I Wonder" via BD-Live but all I got is a black screen for a few seconds -can't hear a thing- and then I'm back in the timeline. The blue pushpin is always in the timeline whenever I play any of the ripped BR discs, but I've been unable to play the BD-Live file. I suspect that the BD-live file is encrypted -and the BR discs ripped to the hard drive are no longer encrypted- and perhaps that's the main issue here.

HAve you been able to see/hear or even decrypt the BD-Live "I Wonder"?

HAve you been able to see/hear or even decrypt the BD-Live "I Wonder"?

Yes. It's kind of tedious due to the need to move files to the right place but the standard procedure for decrypting BD-Live material applies here.

Interesting. I tried to decrypt that file using the standard procedure (via Blu Ray Disc Ripper) but I was told there were no .m2t files in the folder, which was weird because the m2t file was definitely in the TMT3 Local Storage folder.

So I guess I need to move the files. I just don't know where, and which ones. How did you do that? You can send me a private message if you don't feel like explaining it here.

thanks!

More than one interested so please keep the discussion public!

Okay. I'll post more detailed info later. For now, you should see folders for each Java-enabled disc (something like "d00", "d02", etc.). Put the file in there, then decrypt using the VUK for that disc. The cool thing is that the file can be successfully decrypted using any of those VUKs. :) I haven't tried with the live discs (i.e., the non-Java timelines) but I doubt they'll work.

Good luck!

Works like a charm, thanks a lot. As flashback8 said, just copy the .m2t file to any of the Local Storage folders for the JAva-enabled discs. If you're using TMT2, the folders are named "ad00", "ad01", etc. Run Blu-Ray Disc Ripper (you'll need the VUK, which can be tricky to get if you're never done it before, which was my case) and you're done. Then you can overwrite the encrypted file (in "updates/v1") with the one you just decrypted. Play any of the ripped discs with TMT, go to the Timeline, open "I Wonder" and enjoy!

Now, is there any proggie to rip the decrypted file to a FLAC or DTS audio file?

Last edited:
Thank you both.

Run Blu-Ray Disc Ripper (you'll need the VUK, which can be tricky to get if you're never done it before, which was my case) and you're done.

Any detail you can add at some point re: the VUK would be helpful.

I don't know what this is, but if you can just point me in a direction that would be great.

Hello. Again, I'll post full details later. For now, you can use tsremuxer to get the DTS file and eac3to to convert it to whichever format you prefer, although this only works with TMT2/3.

Thank you both.

Any detail you can add at some point re: the VUK would be helpful.

I don't know what this is, but if you can just point me in a direction that would be great.

If you use Blu Ray Disc Ripper, you'll see two very useful links which will help you to find out the disc's VUK.

Back