• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

any dvd problems

calio

hello all thats here too help newbies, i have any dvd w/ nero on a XP w/ new dvd writers in drive G and E. this is the message im getting every time i restart or after a while my icon just comes off my lil desktop. as follows " windows cannot access the specified device,path,or file.You may not have the appropriate permissionsto access the item." blah blah blah see what i meen. from c:\programs files\slysoft\anydvd\anydvd.exe what i've done so far is saved my reg keys for anydvd, uninstaled/reinstalled,defrag and reg cleaned. now i hope Im cool wit ya'll and get a response cause I seen the beginner threed and I for one like my anydvd since "08" and had little to no problums that had to come down to askin 4 help. plz tell what im doing worng thanks.

A. Post an Anydvd .zip log file

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Im lookin for a Dr.Savy

View attachment AnyDVD_6.6.8.0_Info_G_FOUR_CHRISTMASES.zipthanks, but the problum is not backin up my stuff. anydvd keeps cut'n off on me. its like my auto start wont stay on. you know like if my net was turnd of i would still be able to use anydvd well i hav to download the software almost every time fore i do it. (backup my stuff).- before anyone clowns me im not "savy" o.k-i just like hits and i wanna backem up. and i just want this thing to stop cuttn off all dwn time so ica chill again.

View attachment 13680thanks, but the problum is not backin up my stuff. anydvd keeps cut'n off on me. its like my auto start wont stay on. you know like if my net was turnd of i would still be able to use anydvd well i hav to download the software almost every time fore i do it. (backup my stuff).- before anyone clowns me im not "savy" o.k-i just like hits and i wanna backem up. and i just want this thing to stop cuttn off all dwn time so ica chill again.
Set the region of your drive. :agree:

You need to TOTALLY exit AnyDVD - then set the drive regions in Windows Device Manager. Then restart AnyDVD.

-W

AnyDVD_Status

Code:
Summary for drive G: (AnyDVD 6.6.8.0)
HP DVD WRITER 1040R MH21 2007/08/29
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Total size: 4100071 sectors (8007 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: NIGHTMARE_ON_ELM_STREET_1
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Removed CSS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
The version of AnyDVD you are using ( 6.6.8.0 ) is up to date. If you are a registered user, I strongly recommend that you update to the latest beta version 6.6.8.2

Code:
HP DVD WRITER 1040R MH21 2007/08/29
Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for your optical drive. See here.

Rip speeds on DVD and Blu-Ray might be improved by MediaCodeSpeedEdit. Please see RIPLOCK.
If installed (often from Duplex Secure, Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% ), uninstall SPTD, which is the culprit for slow rips.
See here and here.

SysInfo

Problematic Filter DRVMCDB Those are Roxio/Sonic's Drive Letter Access filters (packet writing software):
Code:
DRVMCDB (System32\DRIVERS\drvmcdb.sys), Version: 3.21.45.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: VERITAS Software, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright © VERITAS Software, Inc.
Description: Device Driver
FileVersion: 3.21.45a
Refer here for an list of known problematic filters. Further filter information here

Remove the filter(s):

1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so.
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware).
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order...
  4. Select "DRVMCDB". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Reboot.

Whatever programs installed the filter may no longer work properly.
Reinstall the piece of software that originally installed the filter to get things working again if necessary.
It is not recommended that you do so, however, because the problem will likely happen again at a later time

DirList

Problematic Process autorun Warning! this disk may contain a rootkit, or other unwanted software.

Don't insert this disk without AnyDVD running when Autorun is enabled. To disable autorun in Windows, see here.

If it has already been run, and you suspect it is a rootkit try to uninstall it with GMER or Sophos-Anti-Rootkit:
Code:
Directory: /
	autoplay.exe | LBA 4099986-4100069 | Size 171520 (84) | icb: 298 | crc: ok
		Range 1: 4099986-4100069 (84), 0 (0)
	autorun.inf | LBA 4050148-4050148 | Size 85 (1) | icb: 299 | crc: ok
		Range 1: 4050148-4050148 (1), 0 (0)
	disc.id | LBA 4050159-4050159 | Size 108 (1) | icb: 300 | crc: ok
		Range 1: 4050159-4050159 (1), 0 (0)
	install.exe | LBA 4099897-4099985 | Size 181248 (89) | icb: 301 | crc: ok
		Range 1: 4099897-4099985 (89), 0 (0)
	pcfriend.ico | LBA 4050156-4050158 | Size 4710 (3) | icb: 302 | crc: ok
		Range 1: 4050156-4050158 (3), 0 (0)
	readme.txt | LBA 4050149-4050155 | Size 13244 (7) | icb: 303 | crc: ok
		Range 1: 4050149-4050155 (7), 0 (0)
After carrying out the above recommendations, please create and post a new set of log files.

View attachment 13680thanks, but the problum is not backin up my stuff. anydvd keeps cut'n off on me. its like my auto start wont stay on. you know like if my net was turnd of i would still be able to use anydvd well i hav to download the software almost every time fore i do it. (backup my stuff).- before anyone clowns me im not "savy" o.k-i just like hits and i wanna backem up. and i just want this thing to stop cuttn off all dwn time so ica chill again.

Based on this post it sounds like there might be a lot "going on" in that computer besides just an AnyDVD issue. It might be time to check it for virii, spyware etc etc.

But do what Mike said... and report back.

-W

Pagin Dr. Savy

View attachment AnyDVD_6.6.8.0_Info_E_No Label.zip O.K Imma Try 2 Do THis BUT this looks like this might take a few days,I on said im not savy at this.I need somethin like anydvd for dummies cause this shouldnt B this hard.I tried to do this restore point thing but it wont go back 2-3 months when I last backed somethin major.any one knows another way,short cut to all the above stuff.might be A bad Ideal 2 for remote access rgt.Im doing things I never done b4,dig in dis, access that,debug,warefilm,whew..All I been doing was put in/take out when done. LOL like sex. my bad,someone help me out plz. thx. hey I just rememberd somthin, dis whole thing started when I put in that update whith all dem 6's in'em yea it was like I knew I should wait till after them 6's pass.

Not a DVD

I don't think you'll get too far w/ AnyDVD and

Media is a Data CD.

We do movies.

Still looks bad...

AnyDVD_Status

Code:
Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.6.8.0)
HP DVD WRITER 1140R FH25 2009/09/21 15:00
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (parallel)

Total size: 4100071 sectors (8007 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: NIGHTMARE_ON_ELM_STREET_1
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

AI scan forced, heuristic scan detected no protection!
Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
RCE protection not found.
Found & removed Autorun from Video DVD!
Removed CSS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!
The version of AnyDVD you are using ( 6.6.8.0 ) is up to date. If you are a registered user, I strongly recommend that you update to the latest beta version 6.6.8.2

Code:
HP DVD WRITER 1140R FH25 2009/09/21 15:00
Please ensure you are using the latest firmware for your optical drive. See here.

Rip speeds on DVD and Blu-Ray might be improved by MediaCodeSpeedEdit. Please see RIPLOCK.
If installed (often from Duplex Secure, Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% ), uninstall SPTD, which is the culprit for slow rips.
See here and here.

SysInfo

Problematic Filter DRVMCDB Those are Roxio/Sonic's Drive Letter Access filters (packet writing software):
Code:
DRVMCDB (System32\DRIVERS\drvmcdb.sys), Version: 3.21.45.0 (1.0.0.1)
Company: VERITAS Software, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright © VERITAS Software, Inc.
Description: Device Driver
FileVersion: 3.21.45a
Refer here for an list of known problematic filters. Further filter information here

Remove the filter(s):

1. Create a backup of your registry. Refer here for how to do so.
  2. Download ImgBurn (freeware).
  3. Start ImgBurn and go to Tools > Filter Driver Load Order...
  4. Select "DRVMCDB". Click Remove Selected Filter. Click OK.
  5. Reboot.

Whatever programs installed the filter may no longer work properly.
Reinstall the piece of software that originally installed the filter to get things working again if necessary.
It is not recommended that you do so, however, because the problem will likely happen again at a later time

DirList

Problematic Process autorun Warning! this disk may contain a rootkit, or other unwanted software.

Don't insert this disk without AnyDVD running when Autorun is enabled. To disable autorun in Windows, see here.

If it has already been run, and you suspect it is a rootkit try to uninstall it with GMER or Sophos-Anti-Rootkit:
Code:
Directory: /
	autoplay.exe | LBA 4099986-4100069 | Size 171520 (84) | icb: 298 | crc: ok
		Range 1: 4099986-4100069 (84), 0 (0)
	autorun.inf | LBA 4050148-4050148 | Size 85 (1) | icb: 299 | crc: ok
		Range 1: 4050148-4050148 (1), 0 (0)
	disc.id | LBA 4050159-4050159 | Size 108 (1) | icb: 300 | crc: ok
		Range 1: 4050159-4050159 (1), 0 (0)
	install.exe | LBA 4099897-4099985 | Size 181248 (89) | icb: 301 | crc: ok
		Range 1: 4099897-4099985 (89), 0 (0)
	pcfriend.ico | LBA 4050156-4050158 | Size 4710 (3) | icb: 302 | crc: ok
		Range 1: 4050156-4050158 (3), 0 (0)
	readme.txt | LBA 4050149-4050155 | Size 13244 (7) | icb: 303 | crc: ok
		Range 1: 4050149-4050155 (7), 0 (0)
After carrying out the above recommendations, please create and post a new set of log files.

Back on deck

View attachment AnyDVD_6.6.8.0_Info_G_THE_HITCHER.zip

View attachment AnyDVD_6.6.8.0_Info_E_NIGHTMARE_ON_ELM_STREET_1.zip O.K I mightve soved the problum. Now what might hav happen was... I got system mech. and its on some auto reject unnessary software thingge.point is I went in there and specified let anydvd in the systems tray and all that, hence that permission access thing I was thalkin bout in the beginning of my problum and Im not gettin that errer messeg no more. SO IM BACK ON DECK it looks liike and just as I deeply thought-AINT NOTHIN WORNG WIT MY ANYDVD that I brag to myself about that backup any dvd Ive been puttin in so far(lots of lots) Just good ol'fashion HUMAN ERROR. SHOUTS OUT 2 ALL who came to my aid for I wouldnt hav firgurid this out if not for going threw all that Jass. thanks:8) let me just add..hours sure pass by when U on the computer dont it. :doh:

Last edited:
Are you related to Jar Jar Binks?
rofl.gif

-W (sorry - I had to ask)

(No this is not an insult - I actually liked that character)

No Such Word as Viri

Guys, there is no such word as Viri. That is NOT a plural of virus.

What is a virii? Is that something new or is that supposed to be plural for virus?

Back