• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Any DVD no longer reading discs

fiannafish

AnyDVD used to work on my computer, however now I get the following error message:

1) Dirty try and clean
2)Damaged Replace it
3) Drive is a Region Locked RPC2 . . . scrambled, different region. Try to find RPC1 patched firmware
4) Drive is an RPC2 not assigned a Region. Try to find RPC1 patched firmware

I have my computer set to Region 4, so I can still play Region 4 DVDs, but anything else doesn't work. I tried uninstalling and re-installing with no success and I'm not sure what the issue is - I've had AnyDVD on three successive computers since first purchasing it years ago, and this is the first time I've had any problems. As suggested in the FAQ I've attached the log of the DVD I'm currently trying to open. I'm really bad with all of this kind of stuff, so I honestly have no idea where to go or what to do next. I noticed in other forum posts that fitness DVDs like the one I'm trying to play sometime have difficulties, but I followed the instructions for that to no avail and it happens with other DVDs as well (I also had no problem opening this particular DVD on my old laptop).

Help!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.3.9.0_Info_D_JM_30DAY_SHRED.ziplog
    87.7 KB · Views: 4
I have my computer set to Region 4, so I can still play Region 4 DVDs, but anything else doesn't work.

your logfile begs to differ

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 7.3.9.0, BDPHash.bin 13-11-18)
MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8C2Q 1.00 12043000
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

If you're in region 2, you can leave the region set to that. It doesn't really matter WHAT region the drive is set to, as long as it is set to one. Anydvd takes care of any other disc regions

There are no major visible read errors on the disc but there are some sense:5 errors around the 20sec mark and you do have potential problematic filters on your system, use IMGBurn to remove those filters

NTIDrvr (C:\Windows\system32\drivers\NTIDrvr.sys), Version: 1.0.0.10 (1.0.0.10)
Company: NTI Corporation
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2002-2010 NTI Corporation
Description: NTI CD-ROM Filter Driver
FileVersion: 1, 0, 0, 10
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 10

UBHelper (C:\Windows\system32\drivers\UBHelper.sys), Version: 2.0.0.14 (2.0.0.14)
Company: NTI Corporation
Product: UBHelper
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2002-2010 NTI Corporation
Description: NTI CD-ROM Filter Driver
FileVersion: 2, 0, 0, 14
ProductVersion: 2, 0, 0, 14

other than that, one of the dev's will have to take a look

AnyDVD used to work on my computer, however now I get the following error message:

1) Dirty try and clean
2)Damaged Replace it
3) Drive is a Region Locked RPC2 . . . scrambled, different region. Try to find RPC1 patched firmware
4) Drive is an RPC2 not assigned a Region. Try to find RPC1 patched firmware

I have my computer set to Region 4, so I can still play Region 4 DVDs, but anything else doesn't work. I tried uninstalling and re-installing with no success and I'm not sure what the issue is - I've had AnyDVD on three successive computers since first purchasing it years ago, and this is the first time I've had any problems. As suggested in the FAQ I've attached the log of the DVD I'm currently trying to open. I'm really bad with all of this kind of stuff, so I honestly have no idea where to go or what to do next. I noticed in other forum posts that fitness DVDs like the one I'm trying to play sometime have difficulties, but I followed the instructions for that to no avail and it happens with other DVDs as well (I also had no problem opening this particular DVD on my old laptop).

Help!
Panasonic drives won't work with region mismatch. Sorry.

Panasonic drives won't work with region mismatch. Sorry.

Oops, re: region changing I must have changed it to 2 (I'm in region 4) but obviously can't keep doing that. Forgive my ignorance but what does "Panasonic drives won't work with region mismatch" mean? That AnyDvd just won't work on this computer?

Oops, re: region changing I must have changed it to 2 (I'm in region 4) but obviously can't keep doing that. Forgive my ignorance but what does "Panasonic drives won't work with region mismatch" mean? That AnyDvd just won't work on this computer?

With Panasonic/Matshita drives the region must match the region of the disc for anydvd to be able to work.

I.e. drive set to region 2 and disc region 4 = not work

drive set to region 4 and disc region 4 = work

That's a little disappointing since that's the reason I have anydvd in the first place, but I am glad I know what the issue is now.

With Panasonic/Matshita drives the region must match the region of the disc for anydvd to be able to work.

I.e. drive set to region 2 and disc region 4 = not work

drive set to region 4 and disc region 4 = work

Indeed I overlooked that matshita drive part. @op: there is an easy fix. An external drive.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

I also use the Panasonic Matshita DVD Drive
Until recently I was using the Slyfox Software and was absolutely delighted with it.
Now that the Redfox software has replaced the original product I am only able to read less than half of my archival material. Can you help me return to reading the RPC1 invested disks?
Kind regards

Nice just under 3 year old thread necro :)

The fact that RedFox took over has nothing to do with it. Lets start fresh shall we? Please create YOUR OWN topic, explain what is happening and attach logfile(s). In case of your backups, if you used lousy quality blanks they deteriorate over time. There's nothing anydvd or you can do about that. There's no such thing as an "RPC 1" disc. RPC 1 relates to drive firmware.

I am having the same messages as above when attempting to create .iso files to my hard drive and play them later...

Now I can no longer successfully create .iso files from any, even brand new disks.

Any suggestions, and I have no idea what a necro is.

Kind regards.

necro? as in dead. As in the last reply before yours was january 2014.

Again, please create YOUR OWN topic, explain what is happening and include anydvd logfile(s). Read this, https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/please-read-this-before-you-post.52659/, create YOUR OWN topic and try again.

no logfiles = we can't help you. That's on top of the fact that you're NOT supposed to make iso's from DVDs with anydvd's ripper at all. AnyDVD gives you that warning for a reason.

Back