• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

AMD or INTEL? That is the question.

Gotcha... But the thing is still faster than fast. :)

-W

I am running BOTH intel & amd d/c cpu's. Through benchmark tests (pc mark '02 & '05) the biggest difference that i see is the memory controllers. The Intel scores MUCH higher on memory than amd.

SPECS
Intel AMD
Gigabyte GA965p-ds3 skt 775 Asus M2N-E skt AM2
E6600 2.4 Ghz X2 4600 2.4 Ghz
2 Gig Corsair DDR2-800 2 Gig Corsair DDR2-800
Gforce 7600 GT OC Gforce 7900 GS
2-80 gig Sata2 Raid O 1-80 gig Sata 2
2-250 gig Sata2 2-250 gig Sata2
1-500 gig Sata2
1-DVD-Rom 1 DVD-Rom
2-Sata DVD-RW 2-Sata DVD-RW

Both are running stock speeds (no overclocking), both have factory supplied drivers, XP Pro SP1.
PC Mark 2002 scores:
Intel - CPU-9,484, memory-30,184 HDD-N/A (don't know why that happened)

AMD - CPU-7,928, memory-11,291, HDD-1387

As far as encoding, burning, and multi-tasking goes, they appear to be about the same! Only slightly noticable time differences. Gaming definitly goes to the AMD, but that one has the bigger video card in it, so it's not really a fair fight there. The last run on PC Mark '05 was as follows:

Intel - 6245 - with all of my normal startup programs running!

AMD - 8735 - with a fresh install and no other programs loaded

Which is better...........
it's just to damn hard to say. Both are smokin' fast, and do any job that i throw at them. Both setups were easy to work with, went together w/little to no problems, and come on when i hit the power button!!!!!!!!

Neither is "better"..........it's all personal preference. You can realize benchmarks while using your PC.

Back