• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Amazon IMDB movies with commercials?

King_Pin

Just curious I've tried a couple movies and after looking through them I don't see any ads or commercials.
Anybody else have a different experience?

As far as I know, when using AS, there isn't any. That has been the case for some time but I assume that could change at any point.
Yes, I think they just use the player to stop the video and the ads are from another source or playlist, so AS just ignores them or don't even see them because it just grabs the playlist for that movie. But if they decide to hardcode the ads into the movie, that would be no longer possible.
But, I doubt that. It would be useless work since they would've to recovert the movie every time they update the ads (remove or get a new one).

As far as I know, when using AS, there isn't any. That has been the case for some time but I assume that could change at any point.

Correct, at least that is the current behavior with IMDB. For some other providers, pre-roll ads are included... like with Showtime accessed through Amazon Prime, they'll often tease upcoming shows with a pre-roll, and that seems to be embedded in the video so that comes with the download. Cinemax adds a pre-roll with the Cinemax logo, which comes as part of the download.

Yes, I think they just use the player to stop the video and the ads are from another source or playlist, so AS just ignores them or don't even see them because it just grabs the playlist for that movie. But if they decide to hardcode the ads into the movie, that would be no longer possible.
But, I doubt that. It would be useless work since they would've to recovert the movie every time they update the ads (remove or get a new one).

Hardcoding the ads would be very difficult. As you stated, when the ads change they would have to recreate the movie file. But also, some of the ads are local or regional, so some ads you get may be different from ads I get. That would mean different packages content (with ads included) for different areas.

This is an advertised feature of AnyStream:

- Removes ads when downloading from Amazon Prime, including from 'Free with Ads' content on Amazon IMDb TV

From how it I believe it works (as mentioned in a couple prior posts), it would probably be more difficult (or impossible) for AS to download the content with the ads.

Just curious I've tried a couple movies and after looking through them I don't see any ads or commercials.
Anybody else have a different experience?
Do you want the commercials? Please explain as you are the OP? AS strips the commercials from IMDB. I think that's the way it should be, I do not think people want commercials.

Last edited:
Do you want the commercials? Please explain as you are the OP? AS strips the commercials from IMDB. I think that's the way it should be, I do not think people want commercials.

I believe that the OP was a confirmation request that there weren't any IMDB commercials and also believe that was already previously addressed..:sleep:

I'll go out on the limb and say that most of us don't want (to watch) commercials and, I think, don't want hard drive space and download bytes/ time wasted on them..:cautious:

I'm personally glad to see them NOT there. Otherwise, I'd watch them on cable or antenna TV instead. Does anybody remember the days when cable TV had no commercials :LOL: but I digress.

Cheers

I believe that the OP was a confirmation request that there weren't any IMDB commercials and also believe that was already previously addressed..:sleep:

I'll go out on the limb and say that most of us don't want (to watch) commercials and, I think, don't want hard drive space and download bytes/ time wasted on them..:cautious:

I'm personally glad to see them NOT there. Otherwise, I'd watch them on cable or antenna TV instead. Does anybody remember the days when cable TV had no commercials :LOL: but I digress.

Cheers
I feel the same way you do, do not digress;)

Cheers

Personally, I don't mind watching a show with commercials. Just not in my content. My Hulu subscription is the lowest tier they have with ads. But AS removes them from any show I download so my content from there doesn't have them. But I do use the free tier of Peacock, which includes commercials, along with some of the free content that Plex provides.

But I do agree that I don't want them taking up hard drive space.

Yes, one of the greatest benefits of AnyStream is that it completely ignores whatever Amazon/IMDb is using to inject commercials. You get a pristine copy, and IMDb has some very good classic shows. As someone else noted, if the commercials or previews are directly embedded into the original video, they are coming along for the ride. But many streamers use third party video injection solutions that interrupt the program's video stream to send you targeted advertising.

Cheers

Correct.
Relax @RedFox 1 put your fists down. Not looking for a fight. :ROFLMAO:

Great stuff.. I didn't understand this first either when trying channels first time and went all ((whooooah)) lol

This just one of many reasons I've been stressing for a few more free providers, also for those coming to these forums complaining at anystreams pricepoint?, just this feature alone makes it totally worth it

Great stuff.. I didn't understand this first either when trying channels first time and went all ((whooooah)) lol

This just one of many reasons I've been stressing for a few more free providers, also for those coming to these forums complaining at anystreams pricepoint?, just this feature alone makes it totally worth it

Agreed. I despise trying to edit commercials out. So many issues if you don't re-encode, and then the quality can be reduced. Much better that they are not there in the first place.

Good product doesn't need commercials to sell well.
Only crap needs it, to convince fools.

I prefer no commercials. Would not object to a toggle-option, would favor it to default to 'no commercials'.

I prefer no commercials. Would not object to a toggle-option, would favor it to default to 'no commercials'.

I don't understand why a toggle is needed. Even if someone did for some reason want commercials, they would be outdated fairly quickly. Some commercials are local, and one could be about a sale at a local auto dealer. As soon as that sale was over, the commercial would be outdated, and never be updated until you download a fresh copy of that show.

So it's fine just the way it is - No toggle and removes commercials automatically.

I don't understand why a toggle is needed. Even if someone did for some reason want commercials, they would be outdated fairly quickly. Some commercials are local, and one could be about a sale at a local auto dealer. As soon as that sale was over, the commercial would be outdated, and never be updated until you download a fresh copy of that show.

So it's fine just the way it is - No toggle and removes commercials automatically.
I agree with you, still there once was a commercial in TV I was looking for, also there was a commercial last year for a concert for Lotr (that got cancelled...) and I luckily was able to record it. Just because I am a fan of it.
And even if you are not a fan, you might want to get it because you think it has been made with good quality.

However, this whole discussion is pointless if these ads are not encryptet, so you could easily download them using any browser extension. Last time I looked, I got (low quality) trailers for other seasons on Amz, maybe it is also possible with commercials.

Back