• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Amazon Audio Issue?

You have to click/highlight the audio to see the actual bitrate for that specific track.
Learn something new every day. I kinda knew different audio stream might have different bit rates, but after actually watching when I highlight a different audio track did I see the bit-rate changed. Kooo-el!

The weird 2 ch audio problem is back, I was trying to get The Wilds s02e08 and it would not show me the 5.1 audio, only the weird 2ch 128 audio.

Was working fine on Amazon US, now it is hit and miss again with the 5.1 vs 2.0.
Is the attempt in my log an Amazon degradation or service issue or just something I should try later? (or both)?

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.8.0.astlog
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
From the little bit of testing that I did last night, it seems that channels/rentals/purchases are affected. Regular things on Prime Video don’t seem to be affected yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, you are correct. We are working on it but I cannot promise an ETA.

No problem, when it comes to these kinds of things I’m never in a hurry. When they’re working 100% I usually always get what I need. But RF developers are seriously something else. Thank you team!

From the little bit of testing that I did last night, it seems that channels/rentals/purchases are affected. Regular things on Prime Video don’t seem to be affected yet.

If you mean by the audio issue, regular stuff on Amazon is affected, I have found multiple things in the last couple days, but like before it is just random eps have only 2ch audio. Some stuff being prime originals.

It has been reported internally that this is a technical issue, rather than an intended permanent change. I would invite anyone affected to get in touch with APV directly and request a refund of one month's APV subscription (it's the maximum they can issue in one hit).
Do you know if this is what is happening again this time?

If you mean by the audio issue, regular stuff on Amazon is affected, I have found multiple things in the last couple days,
If you are going to make posts like this, you must leave a logfile and tell me the name of the movies, if not I can't help you. What is regular stuff on Amazon? Name one. Old stuff from the 1990s is not going to be in 640kpb/s. That time is over.

Everything for me is only offering 128kbps AAC-LC stereo. When I hit download, I get DRM licence error
1714791653007.png
Tried changing codecs. No VPN. Amazon Australia

Attachments

2.3 MB · Views: 0
that’s been an AMAZON issue in Australia, New Zealand, and Japan for over a month now. we are currently looking into it.

If you are going to make posts like this, you must leave a logfile and tell me the name of the movies, if not I can't help you. What is regular stuff on Amazon? Name one. Old stuff from the 1990s is not going to be in 640kpb/s. That time is over.
Here is the log file it shows the 128 audio on the one episode of The Wilds and then I show that on Baywatch the normal is 224 but there are eps in there with 128 as well. I have found other stuff but I assume you get the idea.

Attachments

768.5 KB · Views: 0
Baywatch is a very old program, I am not sure what audio is correct. But Amazon has made many changes.

From time to time I'll stream a given program through my ATV to see what my home theater receiver reports. I then know if what's available via AnyStream is to be expected, i.e. 2.0 audio versus 5.1 audio.

It is what it is until Amazon is done with its changes. Then we will look into it. It may have to stay this way. I am not sure. I am not even sure there is an issue yet.

It is what it is until Amazon is done with its changes. Then we will look into it. It may have to stay this way. I am not sure. I am not even sure there is an issue yet.
There's definitely an issue. The first 2 episodes of Mary & George I downloaded on April 13th were 640kbps EAC3 5.1, but episode 3 (downloaded on the 19th) was 128kbps AAC stereo, so that might give you a window as to when that change started.

The 4th season of Miss Scarlett & the Duke which I downloaded only a month before that, at that EAC3 5.1 setting, is now only available in 128kbps AAC stereo. Same for the 2nd season of Annika from late 2023 - all were obtainable earlier in EAC3 5.1, now they're not.

I'm on the east coast of the US, logs attached.

Attachments

• AnyStream_1.8.6.0.astlog
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • AnyStream_1.8.7.0.astlog
    80.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
There's definitely an issue. The first 2 episodes of Mary & George I downloaded in early April were 640kbps EAC3 5.1 - ep 3 (downloaded 4/19) was 128kbps AAC stereo. The 4th season of Miss Scarlett & the Duke which I downloaded a month before that at that EAC3 5.1 setting is now only available in 128kbps AAC stereo. Same for the 2nd season of Annika from late 2023 - all were obtainable earlier in EAC3 5.1, now they're not.

I'm on the east coast of the US, log attached.
Again though, when this happened last time a few weeks ago it fixed itself after Amazon was done making that round of changes. I think a little patience will go a long way here. I dont believe that Amazon is doing anything to block audio, im fairly certain its just something with the manifest for the audio files. Usually DRM changes only affect the video aspect and the audio is untouched. Maybe im wrong on that last point but if Amazon finishes their changes and things dont go back to normal, then I am absolutely certain that the devs will be looking into it, but again most likely its a non-issue because it will fix itself. I downloaded a new movie on prime today and the audio was 640,5.1, to the contrary though, roadhouse 2024 was only stereo, this tells me its the same thing as a week or so ago and will just correct itself.

Again though, when this happened last time a few weeks ago it fixed itself after Amazon was done making that round of changes. I think a little patience will go a long way here. I dont believe that Amazon is doing anything to block audio, im fairly certain its just something with the manifest for the audio files. Usually DRM changes only affect the video aspect and the audio is untouched. Maybe im wrong on that last point but if Amazon finishes their changes and things dont go back to normal, then I am absolutely certain that the devs will be looking into it, but again most likely its a non-issue because it will fix itself. I downloaded a new movie on prime today and the audio was 640,5.1, to the contrary though, roadhouse 2024 was only stereo, this tells me its the same thing as a week or so ago and will just correct itself.
I sure hope so! The Boys in the Boat, which I downloaded on March 29th, is now only at 192kbps AAC stereo. Grrr.

Seriously, first ads on Prime and now this? If they're not careful, I won't be downloading from them any more! 😝

This streaming garbage is a crapshoot. None of these providers disclose the aspect ratio or audio specs for their offerings. You can't rely on a given TV series offering the same audio options per episode across a given season much less rely on the given specs remaining consistent from day to day, month to month. Over time an inconsistency may be addressed on the provider's end. If that happens take advantage. The provider's don't intend for any of us to be viewing content outside their closed platforms to begin with. That being said, if you suspect it's an issue with AnyStream confirm you're getting a different result when actually streaming the given program (preferably through Chrome) and make that known. In those cases perhaps the issue can be addressed by Redfox.

Last edited:
Back