• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Amazon Audio Issue?

Yes, there is an Amazon issue with audio. We are looking into it, it may take a while if we can fix it at all. So please have some patience, thank you. ;)

Yes, there is an Amazon issue with audio. We are looking into it, it may take a while if we can fix it at all. So please have some patience, thank you. ;)
Thank you guys for looking into it, I REALLY appreciate it. Hopefully it is fixable.

I have full confidence in redfox to fix amazon and get netflix back to full hd, they have never let us down in the past, i see no reason to doubt that this too will be fixed.

I have full confidence in redfox to fix amazon and get netflix back to full hd, they have never let us down in the past, i see no reason to doubt that this too will be fixed.
Of course, we will always try our best, and if it's possible our developers will do it. All I am saying is that it may not be possible and in that case, Stereo sound is the best we can get. Always trying to give the best video and the best audio.

Users should also note that this applies to rentals as well. I rented The Taste of Things HD through Amazon Prime US and when I went to get it with AS the audio was 128 kbps (video as HD). I cancelled and then rented through Amazon Prime Canada, and all was good (HD video and 640 kbps audio).

I haven't commented since I started the original thread about this audio issue.

In NZ, I cannot find any titles with a 5.1 sound-track, or even E-AC3 audio.

Out of curiosity, I installed an older version of that "Other" program and much to my surprise, it download a couple of local movies that all had 5.1 E-AC3 audio tracks -> even though AS does NOT show any. So...they are obviously are still available.

I don't know how any of this works ultimately, but this has me optimistic a solution can be found for AS.

it download a couple of local movies that all had 5.1 E-AC3 audio tracks -> even though AS does NOT show any. So...they are obviously are still available.
... not necessarily ... the same way you upscale video, you can "upscale" audio, too... well, not the same, but similar

... not necessarily ... the same way you upscale video, you can "upscale" audio, too... well, not the same, but similar
The term is upmix and I'm fairly certain that's not the case here. I don't even see explicit upmix options in Amazon's AWS Elemental MediaConvert software, only downmix.

The fact remains, we can discuss this to death but if Amazon has done something to alter the audio, I am not sure we can do much about it, but I will let our developers make that assessment. This started in NZ and Australia, Japan and then went region by region worldwide.

It has been reported internally that this is a technical issue, rather than an intended permanent change. I would invite anyone affected to get in touch with APV directly and request a refund of one month's APV subscription (it's the maximum they can issue in one hit).

It has been reported internally that this is a technical issue, rather than an intended permanent change. I would invite anyone affected to get in touch with APV directly and request a refund of one month's APV subscription (it's the maximum they can issue in one hit).
But do we know if it affects the native "download to phone" or streaming? Has anyone looked at that? Because I'm not the one who is going to tell AMZ that I couldn't download the best quality audio using AS!

But do we know if it affects the native "download to phone" or streaming? Has anyone looked at that? Because I'm not the one who is going to tell AMZ that I couldn't download the best quality audio using AS!
I... I honestly wouldn't have thought it would be worth saying this, but... anyone who would even contemplate telling AMZ that they can't download the best quality from AS is lucky that breathing is an involuntary action. If you want to play it safe, it's abundantly clear that browsers are affected, so just tell them you're trying to stream from the APV website on Chrome or Edge or Firefox or whatever.

I... I honestly wouldn't have thought it would be worth saying this, but... anyone who would even contemplate telling AMZ that they can't download the best quality from AS is lucky that breathing is an involuntary action. If you want to play it safe, it's abundantly clear that browsers are affected, so just tell them you're trying to stream from the APV website on Chrome or Edge or Firefox or whatever.
hey, geez. It was tongue in cheek.

hey, geez. It was tongue in cheek.
I understand that and my comment was not directed at you but rather to a hypothetical person who might actually have considered throwing us all under the bus.

To be fair, I think apv knows about these downloaders and the scene guys etc, but yeah i dont think its wise to out yourself and be like he im essentially doing something that is against the TOS or whatever other thing we all clicked agree to without reading lol

Well I've been seriously considering cancelling my subscription to AP because of this. They just hit us with a 37%+ price increase here recently and then this is what we get.

yup and on top of it they want you to pay more for premium audio when you are streaming though one of their devices....they are clowns. I really do hope its a technical issue though because it really doesnt make sense, why would some work and not others and on top of that some stuff that was fine isnt anymore. It seems to me if they were actually blocking it they would have a blanket block across all content not just certain titles.

To be fair, I think apv knows about these downloaders and the scene guys etc, but yeah i dont think its wise to out yourself and be like he im essentially doing something that is against the TOS or whatever other thing we all clicked agree to without reading lol
Obviously nobody's going to be stupid enough to do that. Surely.

It looks like this issue may be resolved, can someone confirm, I am seeing 5.1 audio in fallout series and road house movie which were both stereo only for a few days. Im US region.

In Germany the audio was never impacted ... I could always download 5.1 the last few days...

Back