• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Resolved Amazon Prime US - Audio stereo 2.0 only, no EAC3/5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eventually it'll be like the movie Idiocracy 🤣

View attachment 79562

Here's the blog post directly from Amazon:
Code:
https://advertising.amazon.com/en-us/blog/amazon-ads-announces-three-new-streaming-tv-ad-formats/

It's one of the reasons I dropped cable years ago. Have you seen the size of some of the ads the put right over top of a show? God, and I thought the "bugs" were bad when they added them.

It's been hit or miss for me. Pretty much any Freevee and much of "Included with Prime" are stereo (most of the time). I haven't bought any titles recently so I can't say there. A few times I was able to coax EAC3 6 channel by selecting earlier episodes with it, cancelling and going back to the episode I wanted but suspect that is a fluke. Even so I've not had a single issue grabbing any Amazon title other than the audio. Amazon will chill out with the flip flop changes once they think their ad revenue is high enough.

I'm fairly patient so if I want EAC3 5.1 I can update the titles down the road. Far better than what I was stuck with before. @artsunlimited27 knows of what I speak. He knows me as NewMelle. ;)

Ads on pause? Greed knows no bounds. I thought mid-rolls were annoying. :mad:

Yeah, it's worse than annoying. I have to pause when they throw a bunch of text up on the screen. I'm a slow reader; always have been. Luckily, I rarely stream anymore. I download with AS, first.

It's one of the reasons I dropped cable years ago. Have you seen the size of some of the ads the put right over top of a show? God, and I thought the "bugs" were bad when they added them.
Now that streaming is replacing Real Live TV in many households, advertisers are pulling ad money out of live TV and giving it to streamers. This will be the beginning of the end of Live TV, everything from Live Sports to Concerts and live programming is on streaming platforms now, what we are witnessing is the end of Cable TV. The money is huge, and the exposure is even greater. We will make adjusts as needed but it all has to be in place first.

It's been hit or miss for me. Pretty much any Freevee and much of "Included with Prime" are stereo (most of the time). I haven't bought any titles recently so I can't say there. A few times I was able to coax EAC3 6 channel by selecting earlier episodes with it, cancelling and going back to the episode I wanted but suspect that is a fluke. Even so I've not had a single issue grabbing any Amazon title other than the audio. Amazon will chill out with the flip flop changes once they think their ad revenue is high enough.

I'm fairly patient so if I want EAC3 5.1 I can update the titles down the road. Far better than what I was stuck with before. @artsunlimited27 knows of what I speak. He knows me as NewMelle. ;)

Hello @Houndog, I have known artsunlimited27 very well for quite a while, but if you are a friend, you are a friend here. artsunlimited27 is a very respected member here, so I must welcome you to our forum. I hope you have tried our software and are pleased. It will only get better, we value our customers. We have the best developers on the planet. If you haven't please feel free to try our trial software. I would like to hear your honest review, as you most probably know we do not do anything but pure downloads, not re-encoding or screen-recording. Sure we get caught off guard by the providers changing the certificates. But we fix them, sometimes faster than others but we are always working to make it possible for our customer base to be pleased. Again welcome.

Thanks RF1! Trust me, I put AS to the test during the trial (far more generous than any of the others I must add) and zero failures! I grabbed the 2 year license. I have been following the forum since I grabbed the AS trial and the open interaction between the team and members says a lot! I know all too well what the other end of that spectrum feels like. It's always a game of trading punches between software like AS and the greedy corporate streaming money mongers but at least AS punches back. ;)

I have no doubt the Amazon audio annoyance will be resolved when as you said, things settle down. I've seen it bounce back and forth a number of times myself. One day YAY, the next day NAY.

Thanks RF1! Trust me, I put AS to the test during the trial (far more generous than any of the others I must add) and zero failures! I grabbed the 2 year license. I have been following the forum since I grabbed the AS trial and the open interaction between the team and members says a lot! I know all too well what the other end of that spectrum feels like. It's always a game of trading punches between software like AS and the greedy corporate streaming money mongers but at least AS punches back. ;)

I have no doubt the Amazon audio annoyance will be resolved when as you said, things settle down. I've seen it bounce back and forth a number of times myself. One day YAY, the next day NAY.
Great to have you here, if you need anything you know who to ask. Again welcome. ;)

Hello @Houndog, I have known artsunlimited27 very well for quite a while, but if you are a friend, you are a friend here. artsunlimited27 is a very respected member here, so I must welcome you to our forum. I hope you have tried our software and are pleased. It will only get better, we value our customers. We have the best developers on the planet. If you haven't please feel free to try our trial software. I would like to hear your honest review, as you most probably know we do not do anything but pure downloads, not re-encoding or screen-recording. Sure we get caught off guard by the providers changing the certificates. But we fix them, sometimes faster than others but we are always working to make it possible for our customer base to be pleased. Again welcome.
Houndog is good people, and will be a valuable and savvy addition to this forum, not least for his sense of humor! Hey, buddy - it's really great to see you here! 👏

Last edited:
This ad push by AS is designed to get people to upgrade to the ad-free tier. And when enough people subscribe to that APV will introduce "limited" ads to the former ad-free tier to get more money with another "exclusive" tier.

If Amazon wouldn't do so many "Amazon Exclusive" content movies and shows that bombed maybe the lust for money wouldn't be so overwhelming.

Oh, who am I kidding. Streaming companies want to get mo' money to pad their bottom line.

Last edited:
This ad push by AS is designed to get people to upgrade to the ad-free tier. And when enough people subscribe to that APV will introduce "limited" ads to the former ad-free tier to get more money with another "exclusive" tier.

If Amazon wouldn't do so many "Amazon Exclusive" content movies and shows that bombed maybe the lust for money wouldn't be so overwhelming.

Oh, who am I kidding. Streaming companies want to get mo' money to pad their bottom line.
Sadly, this is true and every company has used the same model. Now im hearing that disney is teaming up with time warner and potentially offering max, disney, and hulu for one bundle. This is why AS is actually one of the most important software that currently exists. Huge thanks to the AS team for keeping us sane in these times of true media turmoil!

Sadly, this is true and every company has used the same model. Now im hearing that disney is teaming up with time warner and potentially offering max, disney, and hulu for one bundle. This is why AS is actually one of the most important software that currently exists. Huge thanks to the AS team for keeping us sane in these times of true media turmoil!
... and as RF1 has mentioned, the money moving from broadcast/cable TV to streaming. Once the transition is complete, we (the little people) might be back at square one, and the streaming corps will just do whatever they want. Welcome back to the 1970's! So very thankful to Redfox giving us some control (sanity), even if it is a constant game of cat-n-mouse.
For all those sitting on the fence, just buy a license. It's not perfect and never will be as the goal posts keep moving. But, if you don't want to be at complete mercy of the streaming platforms, there is not really any better option... IMHO

... and as RF1 has mentioned, the money moving from broadcast/cable TV to streaming. Once the transition is complete, we (the little people) might be back at square one, and the streaming corps will just do whatever they want. Welcome back to the 1970's! So very thankful to Redfox giving us some control (sanity), even if it is a constant game of cat-n-mouse.
For all those sitting on the fence, just buy a license. It's not perfect and never will be as the goal posts keep moving. But, if you don't want to be at complete mercy of the streaming platforms, there is not really any better option... IMHO
Agree, I think we are also going to see a resurgence of physical media.

Agree, I think we are also going to see a resurgence of physical media.
That's why I'd suggest anyone that is buying an AnyStream license to fork over some additional cash and get an AnyDVD license as well, along with purchasing a friendly Blu-ray drive (As shown elsewhere on this Forum like this link here) to be able to rip into an ISO any 4K UHD Blu-ray discs.

If you don't have the version of PowerDVD 20-22 Ultra (prior to this year as shown here and here) that can play 4K UHD Blu-ray discs/ISOs/folders, you'll need CloneBD as well to rip the disc into an MKV or MP4 so you can play it with anything else.

:)

Last edited:
This does appear to be a DRM issue. By using an older version of another downloader that used the drm invalidated on feb 24. i was able to download the movie in this screenshot with EAC 5.1 from Amazon.

Attachments

• apollo 13.png
    apollo 13.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 17
This does appear to be a DRM issue. By using an older version of another downloader that used the drm invalidated on feb 24. i was able to download the movie in this screenshot with EAC 5.1 from Amazon.
Yeah but check the file after it is downloaded all the way, i bet even though it showed 5.1 it is actually stereo. I did however try frozen empire and the video was locked at 720, so obviously amazon is still making changes to their mainfests etc. We just need to be patient and im confident in a few weeks this will all be resolved. It is absolutely in redfox's best interest financially to correct these issues as they arise, they are also the only company I have found that hasnt abandoned this type of work like the competitor in the screen shot. They will prevail for sure.

Yeah but check the file after it is downloaded all the way, i bet even though it showed 5.1 it is actually stereo. I did however try frozen empire and the video was locked at 720, so obviously amazon is still making changes to their mainfests etc. We just need to be patient and im confident in a few weeks this will all be resolved. It is absolutely in redfox's best interest financially to correct these issues as they arise, they are also the only company I have found that hasnt abandoned this type of work like the competitor in the screen shot. They will prevail for sure.
verified.

Attachments

• quality verified..png
    quality verified..png
    918.2 KB · Views: 27
verified.
Ok good to know. That means there was an interim DRM change recently because it worked on some stuff and then was fully restored and then broke again on everything all in two weeks time. Again I think its just a waiting game for the devs to start working on it because amazon is still making their changes to implement their ad-tier service.

By using an older version of another downloader that used the drm invalidated on feb 24. i was able to download the movie in this screenshot with EAC 5.1 from Amazon.
I can confirm this. The older version of the other program can still get 640 audio. Work around solution is to get the 1080p from AS and mux it with 640 from the other program. But the other program has mixed results, some downloads just error out and you can't get the 640 audio.

I made this comment weeks ago in another thread using the "Other" program. Comments were that it was stereo being upscaled to 5.1. Yawn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back