• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Alternative to AnyDVD HD ?

I read this thread but there is no real solution, only a "potential" new version if all dev / admins are OK

I fully respect folks who love AnyDVDHD . . but . . based on my testing . . both DVDFab & Passkey work just fine. Opinions about where competitor programs came from are all speculation (and really don't matter much anyway).
Passkey offers a simple "rip" option right from within Passkey - to hard disc as folders or an image. Passkey & DVDFab are still being updated regularly according to their forum . . even after Slysoft shut down operations. Fengtao dealt with AACS-LA managing to seize domains and assets last year, as I recall. That may be why they have chosen not to get involved in UltraHD media decrypting (and maybe they doubt that it will catch on with a consumer community who never embraced 1080P optical media enough to displace DVD). Folks will most likely just figure the TV upscales to 4k and that is good enough.
Unless AnyDVDHD fans learn that "Redfox" is about to resurrect Anydvdhd, Passkey might be worth considering for backing up our precious BDs & DVDs.

Anydvd offers that same 'simple rip' function for both folder and iso. Slysoft shut down and RedFox has risen, a new version was released moments ago.

So there is no 'about to resurrect', they just did.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Anydvd offers that same 'simple rip' function for both folder and iso. Slysoft shut down and RedFox has risen, a new version was released moments ago.

So there is no 'about to resurrect', they just did.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

That is terrific! Hopefully the AACS-LA storm troopers can't get at them again in any hurry . . .

Well it worked out good for me. Yesterday I was going to get a one year subscription to passkey but they extended their 20% off till the 7th. Glad I waited. For me Anydvd has always worked. I can wait it out if there are any possible update delays during the transition.

In the End there is no real replacement to Anydvd HD it was the first and will be the last one to remain after all others are gone. If it wasn't for the decryption ability of Anydvd HD no of the other program that relies on it would work. And with RedFox update to Anydvd HD that makes it even more worth to have and keep - especially those with LTL they in good shape.

I read this thread but there is no real solution, only a "potential" new version if all dev / admins are OK
"Potential" new version is now a reality.

Only took a week for a government butchered idea to be reborn. I'd call that wonderful. If the reborn RedFox isn't a miracle, then nothing is.

Back