• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Add "Max Resolution" option to video size

pr0ndigy

Can you please add a "Max Resolution" size to the download selection?

I'm not sure exactly how sXXt works currently, but in the event that in the middle of a series a TV show changed from say 720p to 1080p and you try to download the entire series all at once from Netflix.
I would assume that it would only give 720p as the max size available to download for ALL the episodes, thus robbing you of better quality videos.

But if there was an option to just download the Highest/Max resolution, then there would be no need to waste time checking 1st and last episodes before downloading the entire series to make sure there's no difference in video size.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1

Same goes for the "Always download all subs for selected languages" checkbox.
If Ep 1 has no german forced subs, but Ep 3 has, then you will get none. So with this checkbox enabled, you don't select if you want to get german (cc), german forced or german whatever, you only select german and AS will always download all german subs for the entire series, no matter if it was on Ep 1 or not.
Not only fixing the issue, but also further simplifying the configure download window, as you don't have multple entrys for every language anymore.
Makes no sense for batch anyway to only see the options Ep1 has, it should be a generic selection screen where all subs (or just all languages) are listed, with the note that AS will try to get them if they are available.

Another suggestion: I always download german, english and japanese subs. So there could be a preset in the settings, where I can select these three languages and in the dialog, they are always selected. If I don't want them, I just have to uncheck "download subs" instead of always adding and removing up to nine entries. This preset never changes for me, I only uncheck them when I download a second audio language, since I already got them with the first language. So it would simplify the download process when the languages I always want to get are already preselected and I only have to uncheck one box, if I don't want them or check more, if I also want to get other languages this time.

Sorry if you feel getting hijacked, but it is also about batch, so it made no sense to create a new thread. Just took the opportunity to mention it.

I didn't know that was an issue with the subtitles, so thank you for hijacking the thread! :)

I didn't know that was an issue with the subtitles
When downloading the entire season, AS only analyses the first episode. If the first episode has no forced subs for example, then you cannot select them. But if the second or third episode then has forced subs...
Granted, I might've done the same back then and realized the issue after that. But now it makes no sense to use the preset of the first episode for the entire season. Why should the settings be the same for all episodes?
And when they are at it, they can improve it even further by adding presets for subs, so if you always download the same, you don't always have to select and deselect everything.

They even made it a setting to show or hide surround sound options, so they can do that here as well and make it possible to hide specific languages from the subs and audio section. I never download chinese, danish or greek subs or other audios than the mentioned three, so it makes no sense to always show them.
It would simplify the configuration dialog alot, and a simple UI is their agenda.

Since I always write much, tldr of what my ideas are, in the order of importance:
-for season download, not only show the available subs. Instead, show just the language and then download all availabe subs for subsequent episodes. If people only want to get forced or cc subs, then they can go into settings and tell AS to never download CC subs for seasons.

-Add "select all", "deselect all" and "activate preset" checkboxes (or at least the last one) to the configuration window, so after you set the languages you always want in the settings, you only have to use this one checkbox to select or deselect them.
When you uncheck it, it will deselect all languages in your preset. Same goes for the "select all" box, so there is no need for a second "deselect all" box, making it simpler to look at.

-Extend the existing idea of filtering the audio to surround or not to the ability to also filter language codes. So you can go into the settings and tell AS to never show greek audio or danish subs, no matter if they are available or not. That would simplify the UI even further, as there are less entries to choose from, and I think most people only download a few languages, like their main language and english.

-Another idea I just had to make the subs UI easier to look at, but not as important as the other things above:
Switch from the current simple list format for subs to a tree format, like the Windows Registry.
So instead of the current format
_German (forced)
_German (CC)
_German
_English (forced) ...

you have
>German
_(forced)
_-(CC)
>English
_(forced)

So instead of just a giant list, you can better see where one language ends and the next begins, as there are more spaces (like Tab in Word) between them.

Can you please add a "Max Resolution" size to the download selection?

I'm not sure exactly how sXXt works currently, but in the event that in the middle of a series a TV show changed from say 720p to 1080p and you try to download the entire series all at once from Netflix.
I would assume that it would only give 720p as the max size available to download for ALL the episodes, thus robbing you of better quality videos.

But if there was an option to just download the Highest/Max resolution, then there would be no need to waste time checking 1st and last episodes before downloading the entire series to make sure there's no difference in video size.
Then we would have to change it when we can get the 720p to download at 1080p. Maybe sometime in the future. We are working on getting all 1080p download selections on most providers that can download them, not Disney, which is capped at 720p.

Then we would have to change it when we can get the 720p to download at 1080p.
You mean the DRM issues? It is not about 1080p, it is more to tell AS to always download the highest option for each episode. Then it doesn't matter if the entire season (like Star Trek Voyager) is only SD or if AS can't get 1080p on everything.
It just downloads the highest it can get, be it 1080p, 720p or even just SD.
So when AS checks the playlist for that episode, it can see that it cannot currently decrypt 1080p, then it just checks if it can decrypt 720p and downloads that.

You mean the DRM issues? It is not about 1080p, it is more to tell AS to always download the highest option for each episode. Then it doesn't matter if the entire season (like Star Trek Voyager) is only SD or if AS can't get 1080p on everything.
It just downloads the highest it can get, be it 1080p, 720p or even just SD.
So when AS checks the playlist for that episode, it can see that it cannot currently decrypt 1080p, then it just checks if it can decrypt 720p and downloads that.
You can see the highest option in the download box. Some actually want 720p, instead of 1080p. It would certainly be a daunting task in my opinion. Like I said some do not want the highest for space issues.

You can see the highest option in the download box.
It seems you missed something. You can only see it for the first episode, and when you then download the season, AS will always download this resolution for the entire thing. But there is no way of knowing if a subsequent episode is 1080p instead of 720p, so OP asked if the devs could add a checkbox, to set AS to always use the highest resolution.
If you prefer a lower resolution because of space issues, then you don't use this checkbox. In that case, AS would still always download 720p or whatever resolution you set it to on Ep1.

Another solution could be to not close the window with all the episodes, it will be easier to manually download the next episode than reclick on the download button and scroll to find the next episode, or (I think I already said somewhere) to check a button in the season window to check or not every episode (personnaly I will prefer to check all in the row even if it's a little longer).

to check a button in the season window to check or not every episode (personnaly I will prefer to check all in the row even if it's a little longer).
That would also be a good idea. A button like this hasn't been mentioned (or I haven't seen it), the devs only said it would take too long. But that doesn't matter if you then can get all episodes with the proper settings, if the automatic can't do it itself. And with that button you could decide it by yourself when or if this check happens, because if you know that your PC is too slow, you don't use it. Or if you have something running in the background, you wait till you start it, because it would collide otherwise and cloak up the network or CPU.

Last edited:
If that's what they said, I actually never saw that but I believe you, then I wouldn't look for it to happen anytime soon.
With "it would take too long" I don't mean to add it to AS. They said that the process of checking every episode would take too long. Imagine having a season with 50 Episodes and AS starts to analyse all of them as soon as you click on the season.
And with the mentioned button you could start this process manually when you know that you want it.

Unless the devs can implement the other changes, that AS always downloads all subtitles and not only the ones that are available on the first episode. Then all of that is not neccessary.

P.S. I see that my comment has been edited by a mod, but I cannot see what changed.

With "it would take too long" I don't mean to add it to AS. They said that the process of checking every episode would take too long. Imagine having a season with 50 Episodes and AS starts to analyse all of them as soon as you click on the season.
And with the mentioned button you could start this process manually when you know that you want it.

Unless the devs can implement the other changes, that AS always downloads all subtitles and not only the ones that are available on the first episode. Then all of that is not neccessary.

P.S. I see that my comment has been edited by a mod, but I cannot see what changed.
That was me, I didn't edit anything, I thought I editing another post and I mistakenly edited your post, I didn't delete anything, I added a comment to your post that should have been on a different post. Sorry about that.

Back