• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A Layman's Guide to Shrinking Blu-ray Size on Hard Drive

Hey Chew

Must.

Get.

Burner.

Until that happens I'm afraid my 2 cents will be just that.

Good Luck

Ryan

Sounds like you are walking in quicksand :) I got my burner off EBay for 250.. the Philips BD-RE 1001 :)

Hi mode39,

This is going off memory as Im not on my A/V PC right now...
Open Roxio DVD It Pro...
Go the Burn Menu at the top and select Burn Disk
From the Disc Type dropdown menu, select Blu Ray.
Below that in the source dropdown, select from Volume
Click Browse and find your root folder that contains the BDMV and Certificate directories that you remuxed from tsremuxer.
Hit Burn! That's it.

It's off memory, so hope it's accurate and is of help.

Ok, i apreciate your help, i try to use this...Thank You

Sorry if I missed this but...

how can I use tsremux on a Blu-ray title that has the main movie in more than 1 .m2ts files? Like some have 2 and 3

Thanks in advance
Chris
DVD mansion

Sorry if I missed this but...

how can I use tsremux on a Blu-ray title that has the main movie in more than 1 .m2ts files? Like some have 2 and 3

Thanks in advance
Chris
DVD mansion

The very first post on this thread has detailed instructions how to do exactly that -- use TSSplitter.

Nice Ryan!

I'll keep an eye on it so we can get BD burning going!!

Thanks!

Hey Chew

Damn you Chew

I broke down, listing my Bose Acoustic bookself on Ebay. It's an awesome piece but been idling until I could make another shelf. Hopefully it'll sell and fund Project Burner.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130196001341&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=003

Just Kidding

Ryan

Ok, maybe its a little premature but Project Burner is greenlit, pulled the trigger on a LG bd writer.

Questions...where are we all buying our media from, my research still puts it best case ~ $0.30/gb bd-r 25, ~ $0.40/gb bd-re 25.

Is this par for the course?

Is bd-re still the preferred avenue...i.e. is their a coaster factor?

Very Respectfully

Ryan

Last edited:
Congrats Ryan! Is your LG also read HD-DVD?

I only buy BD-RE right now, can't afford 20 dollar coasters with my wedding two months away. I usually watch on eBay for auctions that are deals and pull the trigger right before the auction ends. Actually got a two pack of BDRE once for 16 bucks.

Just keep an eye out for media.

Thanks!
Chew

I saw that last week, so awesome Ryan. I don't have a combo drive, so you have to promise to do me one favor. I provide the BD-RE and I need you to convert American Gangster to Blu Ray from HD-DVD!! I'll buy the movie and provide the BD-RE, sound good?

Of course, I'd be glad too.

Good Luck

Ryan

Hey Chew

Primary Rig
q6600 on p35 @ 3.5 water
2GB ram
7900gtx
xp pro x86

Secondary Rig
x4800 on nforce4 @ 2.6 air
2GB ram
7600gs
xp pro x86
MS HD-DVD drive

HTPC
q6600 on x38 @ 3.0 air
2GB ram
8600gt
7300gs
xp pro x86

Server
opteron165 on nforce4 @ 2.4 air
2GB ram
8600gts
xp pro x86

LG drive is gonna go on primary, BD playback testing will be PS3 2.10 / LG.

Good Luck

Ryan

Last edited:
OK, installed LG 20 series BD writer, results are a mixed bag but promising for a first run.

Took Underworld Evolution (~14GB) already shrank by guide w/ac3 audio & imbedded pgs subs. TSremux into bluray folder structure, hex edited .mpls for subs as in Pates guide <post # 32>, burned to 25GB bd-re using UDF 2.50 with Nero 8.

LG drive playback on PDVD 3319a = perfect AV with embedded subs, about the only difference from original is no menu or extras, chapter skip is present with duration user determined in TSremux.

PS3 2.10 = same as above, earlier sounds problem fixed....ps3 update reset audio output parameters

Showtime 8.2.8 = same as above

edit 02/09/08

TSremux 0.20 is patched to fix PID on subtitles, incorporates Pates guide

Last edited:
Dejavù

I was able to build a blu-ray disc following the guide. The result was a disc playable on my PS3 but stopped after the first titleset.
Previously i tried with 300 movie and the result was perfect with blu ray output (the movie was on a sigle m2ts file before i use TSremux); with dejavù i started with 22 m2ts (as listed in "96.mpls" with BDedit) file that i reduced to 11 because some were part of extras (strange but true, the correct sequence was . So withTSsplitter i had my single m2ts file that i processed with TSremux (blu ray output) keeping only DD italian audio track (i was not able to play DTS track reduced to elementary audio stream; what to do in this case?).
The final result is that mentioned above: a disc playable on my PS3 but stopped after the first titleset (about 17 minutes).

thanks in advance

I tried to dupicate the problem on deja vu, could not.

Using a guide version of movie w/dd EN, TSremux to bluray structure, burn to 25GB re nero 8. File size was large, ~23GB.

Successful playback on HD with file structure in PDVD 3319
Same with BD-RE in LG GGW-H20L on PDVD 3319
Same with PS3 2.10

I have a total playtime of 2:06:25.

If need be I can rerip original, repeat and test.

Good Luck

Ryan

I tried to dupicate the problem on deja vu, could not.

Using a guide version of movie w/dd EN, TSremux to bluray structure, burn to 25GB re nero 8. File size was large, ~23GB.

Successful playback on HD with file structure in PDVD 3319
Same with BD-RE in LG GGW-H20L on PDVD 3319
Same with PS3 2.10

I have a total playtime of 2:06:25.

If need be I can rerip original, repeat and test.

Good Luck

Ryan

Hi, i think my problem is in BDedit. I was induced to check (playing each one) the m2ts file shown in the list: i found that ~ 10 of them were director's comments, so they were non included in TSsplitter to make the single m2ts.
Is it correct or is a wrong step?
I also have obtained ~ 23 GB at the end, with that problem

thank you

ok...letme rerip and I'll post result....I'm gonna guess we differ in bdedit sequence.

Good Luck

Ryan

The correct order is 30.mpls (13 files) beginning 00048.m2ts ending 00041.m2ts.
dejavu.jpg

Could 50.mpls (23 files) beginning 00048.m2ts ending 00041.m2ts be the one your experiencing? That one definitely has extras, 00047.m2ts is not theatrical.
dejavuincorrect.jpg

Good Luck

Ryan

edit: Something is different, upon rereading...I don't go up to 96.mpls, ends for me at 80.mpls

Last edited:
The correct order is 30.mpls (13 files) beginning 00048.m2ts ending 00041.m2ts.
dejavu.jpg

Could 50.mpls (23 files) beginning 00048.m2ts ending 00041.m2ts be the one your experiencing? That one definitely has extras, 00047.m2ts is not theatrical.
dejavuincorrect.jpg

Good Luck

Ryan

edit: Something is different, upon rereading...I don't go up to 96.mpls, ends for me at 80.mpls

I'll try this evening. My first mpls was "96". I'm speaking about italian version on blu-ray.
Tomorrow i will post my new experience.
Thank you again

Back