• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question A few questions before I buy AnyStream Plus

100TB

Hi guys,

I'm considering buying AnyStresm Plus. I only have Linux so will have to use a VM, and therefore can't try the free trial.

Before I take the plunge I was hoping you could answer a few questions.

Sorry if they have obvious answers. I've tried to find them!

1) Does it support Amazon Freevee F.A.S.T. channels? If so, how does it work (can you only download what is currently playing, or can it somehow see ahead or back)?

2) If I add loads of downloads to the queue, turn off AS and reboot, will the queue resume or do I have to add them to the queue again?

3) Can I set AS to skip duplicates?

4) If I downloaded a video twice (from Prime, if that matters), both with the same download options, would the two files have the same checksum?

5) Do any of you use AS in a VM? If you have any tips about the VM settings, I'd be interested to hear them!

Many thanks :)

1) Does it support Amazon Freevee F.A.S.T. channels? If so, how does it work (can you only download what is currently playing, or can it somehow see ahead or back)?
Yes- It will be good with Freevee.
It cannot see ahead. I have no idea what you mean by this, it can only see what you can see.

2) If I add loads of downloads to the queue, turn off AS and reboot, will the queue resume or do I have to add them to the queue again?
If you shut down and reboot you will lose your queue
No
4) If I downloaded a video twice (from Prime, if that matters), both with the same download options, would the two files have the same checksum?
Yes
5) Do any of you use AS in a VM? If you have any tips about the VM settings, I'd be interested to hear them!
No, but other members might, I do not use a VM.

I would suggest, you find a windows computer to try it first, we offer a very generous trial.

Last edited:
If I downloaded a video twice (from Prime, if that matters), both with the same download options, would the two files have the same checksum?
Remember we sell this program for personal use only.:)

Thanks for answering all my questions so quickly!

It cannot see ahead. I have no idea what you mean by this, it can only see what you can see.

I wondered if there was some sort of hidden play list for FAST channels that AS could access, but I expected this wouldn't be the case.

Remember we sell this program for personal use only.:)

Oh yes. I only intend to use it for personal use. I'm super paranoid about downloads being corrupted, so I like to download everything twice and checksum the files. It's stupid, but it reassures me.

Yes it works in a VM. I run AS+ in a Windows 10 VM on a QNAP NAS which is running Linux. No issues whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thank you.

Thanks for answering all my questions so quickly!

I wondered if there was some sort of hidden play list for FAST channels that AS could access, but I expected this wouldn't be the case.

Oh yes. I only intend to use it for personal use. I'm super paranoid about downloads being corrupted, so I like to download everything twice and checksum the files. It's stupid, but it reassures me.
Its all good, we hope to see you here soon, if you have any more questions do not hesitate to contact me.

A great reason to purchase AS is that it removes the annoying advertisements in Freevee and other channels. This is one of my favorite features. I often use AS rather than watch a live stream just to be able to enjoy a show in peace. You will never go wrong with a lifetime license

You cannot set it to skip something you have already downloaded, or rather you cannot save what you already have. But it will detect it if the file is still there and you download it again. Unfortunately, you then only have the option to skip or to overwrite it. Useless if you want to download another resolution or audio language as you have to move or rename the file first.
But if you pause the queue and then add bith variants before starting it, it will be in sime kind of unattended mode and add _1 to the filename of the second version instead of overwriting it.

Not the mp4 file, the streams inside will be identical (video, audio, etc.) but the mp4 file will have a different checksum, the mp4 has metadata with creation date or something like this, so it will be different each time.

I test the file with ffmpeg to be sure all is good when it's downloaded. If I have errors (rarely) I redownload the video, if it has still errors that means it's in the video.

Last edited:
Not the mp4 file, the streams inside will be identical (video, audio, etc.) but the mp4 file will have a different checksum, the mp4 has metadata with creation date or something like this, so it will be different each time.

I test the file with ffmpeg to be sure all is good when it's downloaded. If I have errors (rarely) I redownload the video, if it has still errors that means it's in the video.
Thanks for the tip! :)

And thank you everyone for all the advice and answers. This is a great community.

I think I have a Windows 7 thin client somewhere that just about meets AS's requirements (I think it's 2Ghz with 4gb ram maybe), so I might try the free trial on that and then get the licence!

Thanks for the tip! :)

And thank you everyone for all the advice and answers. This is a great community.

I think I have a Windows 7 thin client somewhere that just about meets AS's requirements (I think it's 2Ghz with 4gb ram maybe), so I might try the free trial on that and then get the licence!
That will do it. I would love to see you come on board.:)

@Don922 has already mentioned a VM, but I run AS on my Mac using "Crossover for Mac" which avoids running in a full VM.

This from their website (hope this is OK, @RedFox 1)
CrossOver works differently. It's not an emulator. It does the work of translating Windows commands into Mac commands so that you can run Windows software as if it were designed native to Mac.

There is also "Crossover for Linux" which might work for you.

I have no connection to Crossover - just a happy customer.

I believe you are asking about Freevee LIVE channels. No, you cannot download live streams.
Yes Jim you are correct, I actually missed the F.A.S.T, never even knew that Freeveee had live video.

I'm super paranoid about downloads being corrupted, so I like to download everything twice and checksum the files. It's stupid, but it reassures me.
Do media platforms use HTTPS to serve the content? If yes then download corruption wouldn't be a problem anymore as the protocol guarantees data integrity.

Back