• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

A Bug's Life / PowerDVD 8 w/AnyDVD HD enabled problem

andy o

It's been a while since I posted one of these, so hopefully I'm not missing something.

Using PowerDVD 8.0.2217 (tried also 1531 after reinstalling and upgrading again to 2217), with AnyDVD HD enabled, A Bug's Life bluray menu background is not working. The menu itself and audio are fine (and mpeg-2 extras), only the background (h.264) and the movie don't show. With default AnyDVD settings I get a green screen as a menu background and the movie. With PUO setting checked I get a glitching screen showing flashes of the last images viewable (the Disney intro before the BD-J menu).

I thought it might be a decoder problem, but with AnyDVD disabled, everything plays fine, and with TMT 3 I have no trouble at all with AnyDVD. Wonder if anyone else is having something similar.

Using Vista 32 here.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.5.3_Info_I_BUGSLIFE_USA.zip
    295.1 KB · Views: 8
please see here concerning

Code:
CDROM Class UpperFilters:
SiRemFil (system32\DRIVERS\SiRemFil.sys), Version: 1.1.7.0 (1.0.0.0)
Company: Silicon Image, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (C) 2005-2007 Silicon Image, Inc.
Description: Filter driver for Silicon Image SATALink controllers.
FileVersion: 1, 1, 7, 0
ProductVersion: 1, 0, 0, 0
Comments: Filter driver that can mark drives attached to Silicon Image SATA controllers as removable devices.

you could try making a movie only ISO and playing that.

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't catch that. Unfortunately it wasn't that. I can play it on TMT3 with or without AnyDVD HD, just not in PowerDVD with AnyDVD HD (but can without). I don't know if the error is in PDVD, AnyDVD or the drive. I tried updating to PowerDVD 8 build 2815 but it wouldn't even run, it would just crash. It seems they have pulled "a PowerDVD 9" on the latest builds of PowerDVD 8.

I'd stick to PowerDVD 8.2217u

Did you try a movie only ISO ? (see my sig)

I'm almost sure a movie-only ISO would work. My problem is not watching the movie per se (I can do that without AnyDVD enabled or with TMT3 with or without). I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing this and what could be my problem.

Alternatively, anyone able to play this title without trouble with PowerDVD 8 & AnyDVD HD enabled?

I noticed you put up my problem with A Bug's Life there. Actually, I gotta make a small clarification regarding that, cause I can play it (and Valkyrie, which seems to have the same trouble) if there's an mpeg-2 stream before (like when playing the pre-movie warnings). There's something funny happening there, but they're not totally unplayable w/PDVD8 and AnyDVD enabled. Also, this is with 8.0.2217, I couldn't even get crappy build 2815 to run, so it's not confirmed to be a problem with the latest builds (unless you tested them), even though those later builds have other worse problems.

I have seen POTC 3, Live Free or Die Hard, and I am Legend with 2217, so it's not the same problem, and it's not only limited to the latest builds.

Back